Costco’s Kirkland Signature brand is here to help you feel good about dissing expensive brand names. Some of these are so close to their counterparts that you can’t tell the difference even after close inspection!
I found one catch, though. True to Costco’s M.O., you can’t always find all of these items at the warehouse. Some of them are seasonal, meaning they might not be at your local Costco when you want them. But if you think about the seasons and try to shop at the start of a new season (wool socks in the fall, sunglasses at the start of summer), you’ll be fine.
Download the KCL app and we’ll tell you about every killer Costco deal we see.
1. Buy Kirkland Vodka instead of Grey Goose.
It might not actually be Grey Goose under a private label, but Kirkland Signature vodka is so affordable, I doubt you’ll care who makes it.
- Kirkland Signature vodka: $0.22 per ounce
- Grey Goose vodka: $1.19 per ounce
Savings: $0.97 per ounce
2. Buy Kirkland golf balls instead of Titleist Pro V1.
Kirkland Signature golf balls have the same three-piece construction as Titleist Pro V1 golf balls. But when you go with Kirkland, you’ll get four balls for the price of one Titleist ball.
Savings: $3.13 per ball
3. Buy Kirkland hearing aids instead of Phonak.
Kirkland Signature (KS 10.0) hearing aids are manufactured by Sonova, the same company that makes a competitor brand, Phonak. But when you buy the Kirkland version, you’ll keep hundreds of dollars in your wallet!
4. Buy Kirkland pots and pans instead of Calphalon.
Calphalon ain’t cheap. I must be in a very giving mood, because I’m including the Calphalon price with a $100 rebate that expires mid-June 2021. Normally the cookware sets are $299.99.
Also make sure you notice that you’re getting two additional pieces with the Kirkland set, so it’s less expensive and you get more.
- Kirkland 12-piece hard anodized cookware set: $124.99
- Calphalon 10-piece hard anodized cookware set: $199.99
5. Buy Kirkland men’s jeans instead of Levi’s.
Holding these two brands of jeans up next to each other, I cannot tell the difference. Your wallet can tell, though — you could get two pairs of the Kirkland jeans for the price of one pair of Levi’s.
Savings: $16 per pair
6. Buy Kirkland motor oil instead of Mobile.
All things being equal, why not save a little over two dollars per quart on motor oil?
- Kirkland Signature Full Synthetic 5W30 motor oil: $2.92 per quart
- Mobile Full Synthetic 5W30 motor oil: $4.99 per quart
Savings: $2.07 per quart
7. Buy Kirkland polarized sunglasses instead of Ray Bans.
Kick brand loyalty out and go with Kirkland sunglasses. They’re anti-reflective and polarized, and the only difference is you won’t have “Ray Ban” written on them. At this price difference, who cares?
Savings: $143.01 per pair
8. Buy a Kirkland organic reversible bath mat instead of one at Pottery Barn.
Hear me out — Kirkland’s bath mats are organic and huge and therefore not really comparable to what you’d find at Walmart or Target. That’s why I’m comparing the Kirkland bath mat to one at Pottery Barn. Pottery Barn’s bath mats are organic, but not reversible that I could tell. And they don’t have the exact size to compare, but like the pots and pans, Pottery Barn’s mat is smaller and still more expensive.
- Kirkland organic reversible bath mat 24″ x 36″: $9.99 per mat
- Pottery Barn organic loop mat, 21″ x 34″: $42.50 per mat
Savings: $32.51 per mat
9. Buy Kirkland Signature outdoor trail socks instead of a pair of Smartwool.
Did you know that Kirkland offers a merino wool sock for way, way less than Smartwool? After wearing both I can honestly say Kirkland socks kept my feet the right temperature in a way only merino wool can.
- Kirkland Signature outdoor trail socks: $2.50 per pair
- Smartwool hiking socks: $22.95 per pair
Savings: $20.45 per pair
10. Buy Kirkland men’s dress shirts instead of shirts made by Ralph Lauren.
Considering you can even find styles that mimic Ralph Lauren, what’s the point of buying a brand-name dress shirt when you can get them for so much cheaper? You could buy four Kirkland shirts for what you’d pay for one Ralph Lauren.
- Kirkland men’s non-iron, long sleeve dress shirts: $16.99 each
- Ralph Lauren non-iron, long sleeve dress shirts: $79.50 each
Savings: $62.51 each
Those are my top ten Kirkland products, but we all have our favorites. I’m willing to edit if you have any suggestions. Just drop ’em in the comments!