While Amazon has been known for some pretty exceptional deals on almost anything under the sun, the retail giant falls short when it comes to manufacturer’s coupons. Unfortunately, you can’t use manufacturer’s coupons on Amazon purchases or Amazon grocery orders. Amazon was made for convenience and everyday low prices, so manufacturer’s coupons don’t exactly fit into their business model. But here’s the good news: there are plenty of easy ways to save on Amazon, and you can snag other types of coupons to cut down costs even more.
Between Amazon store coupons, open-box deals, and other promotional offers, you can easily stack savings without manufacturer’s coupons. Let these 10 brilliant and easy tips guide your Amazon savings every time you shop.
- Ready to shop and save today? Check out all the Amazon deals available now.
- Download The Krazy Coupon Lady mobile app and add “Amazon” to your favorite stores — you’ll get a real-time feed of all the latest Amazon deals.
- Looking for freebies? Here’s how to get free stuff on Amazon.
1. Use Amazon store coupons instead of manufacturer’s coupons.
You can’t use manufacturer’s coupons on Amazon, but that doesn’t mean you’re out of luck. Amazon has store coupons, which you can search for by brand, category, or popularity. If you’re an Amazon Prime member, you’ll even find coupons exclusively for you. All you have to do is clip the coupon and add the item to your cart. Your discount is applied when you check out.
Make a habit of checking for Amazon coupons on things you buy regularly. Remember to look for items you may not need now but will in the future and grab the discount while it’s available.
2. Keep an eye out for Amazon Fresh coupons, too.
Do you live in an area with an Amazon Fresh store? If so, there’s a whole section of Amazon Fresh coupons just for you! Keep an eye out for email coupons, too — Amazon will sometimes send coupons to their Amazon Fresh subscribers (you may even get Amazon Fresh coupons in the mail).
Current Amazon Fresh deal:
Now through Jan. 31, 2023, you can get $6 off a $30 purchase of select P&G products with Amazon Fresh.
TIP: Shopping in person at Amazon Fresh? It’s really easy to claim email or paper, store-issued coupons. Just scan the QR code, or have the store associate scan it for you.
3. Save about 50% on regular prices with Amazon Warehouse.
Amazon Warehouse is a virtual warehouse that sells discounted, like-new, open-box, and used items across all categories. You’ll find deep discounts on everything from TVs and tools to toys and furniture. The best part? Warehouse discounts go up an extra 20% around Amazon Prime Day and Amazon Black Friday.
Related: Use the Amazon Trade-In program if you have a device (like a Kindle, Echo, Fire Stick, or Ring camera) you want to upgrade. In exchange for your old device, Amazon will send you a gift card and a coupon for up to 25% off a new device.
4. View Today’s Deals and sort by ‘Discount – High to Low.’
Amazon has daily deals for pretty much every product category that they bring together on the “Today’s Deals” page. When you sort the deals by discount high to low, you’ll see items with the highest percent-off first. It’s a surprisingly simple way to see the best deals on Amazon at any given time.
5. Save 10% – 15% when you sign up for Amazon Subscribe & Save.
If you regularly order the same products from Amazon, be sure to set up Amazon Subscribe & Save. If you order up to four unique items per month, you’ll save 10%. If you’re ordering five or more unique items per month, you’ll save up to 15%.
But WAIT. It gets better.
Amazon has coupons dedicated exclusively to Subscribe & Save members. For example, right now you can get $3 off Gain laundry detergent or Presto paper towels. You can find these special coupons on their website. And they make it really easy to cancel a Subscribe & Save subscription in case you’re not happy with it.
Related: See all the Amazon Subscribe & Save deals available now.
6. Look for Amazon Go promo codes for dollars off your purchase.
Amazon Go convenience stores are only in select locations, and you won’t find a dedicated page for Amazon Go coupons like you will for Amazon Fresh. But every once in a while, you’ll see a promo code offer. For example, in August 2022 you could get $3 off any order of $7 or more with a promo code.
If you do find an Amazon Go promo code, enter it here before it expires. The value gets applied directly to your Amazon account.
7. Clip Amazon Style fashion coupons online before you shop.
Amazon Style clothing stores don’t have any dedicated coupons, but their store prices are the same as they are online. That means you can claim regular fashion coupons on Amazon to score extra discounts on your Amazon Style purchases.
8. Make sure you’re familiar with Amazon store coupon exclusions.
Amazon’s coupon policy is pretty straightforward, but here are the three most common Amazon store coupon exclusions to know:
- You can’t use Amazon store coupons with third-party sellers. Amazon’s coupons only work for items sold by Amazon, so you can’t use them on items sold by other retailers (even if it’s fulfilled or shipped by Amazon).
- You can only use an Amazon store coupon once. Bummer, I know. But Amazon’s coupon policy clearly states a limit of one coupon per customer.
- You can’t combine store coupons with mail-in rebates. But you can stack Amazon store coupons with other savings, like Subscribe & Save discounts, lightning deals, and other promotional offers.
9. Visit your account to see all your Amazon store coupons in one place.
To see all of your Amazon store coupons in one place, visit your Account page and look under the “Ordering and shopping preferences” section. You’ll see a link to view your coupons there.
Seeing all your coupons in one place can help you remember which items you should add to your cart before the offers expire!
10. If all else fails, reach out to Amazon customer service to see if your manufacturer coupons will work.
Even though Amazon says they don’t take manufacturer coupons, that doesn’t mean there’s not a workaround. If you have a particularly good manufacturer coupon you want to use, try reaching out to Amazon customer service. In the past, when I asked a customer service representative about it via Amazon’s online chat, they issued me an Amazon promo code directly to my account for the same amount as the manufacturer’s coupon.
If you use Amazon Fresh for each and every grocery trip, this technique isn’t going to work for your regular orders. Try to use this workaround only sparingly, as too many requests may get you red-flagged by Amazon.