As Joanie & Heather state in their video (see below), with just a bit of planning, you can stockpile enough of this month's sales items to last you the next two or three months! Happy couponing, and happiest holidays to you and your family from ours!
Heather & Joanie on stockpiling savings
Joanie & Heather have created a video series to introduce stockpiling to newbies and experienced couponers alike. Learn how to make the most of the December holiday and year-end savings in less than four minutes!
- Watch this month's video: Couponing: What's On Sale in December
Grab your Stockpile Stock-Up Price Sheet now!
When you’re out and about couponing and deal finding, be sure to bring KCL's handy Stock-Up Price Sheet along for the ride. When you are wondering, "Is it a great deal or isn't it?" this price sheet is a trustworthy ally!
Stockpile these items
The categories are in bold, and the items that follow are just intended as examples—use them as your guide as you coupon, save and stockpile.
- Christmas: Toys, toys, toys! Look for toy sales and coupons all month long. Also look for big incentives and promotions for cheap gift cards on just about everything.
- New Year's Eve: Want to see champagne retailers compete? Shop for bubbly during the latter part of the month of December—you will benefit from competitive price slashing.
- Holiday dinner: Find deals on eggnog, sparkling cider, deli platters, instant potatoes, gravy mixes, dinner rolls, frozen pies, cranberry sauce, Jello and marshmallows.
- Baking: Stockpile flour, sugar, butter, cream, cake mixes, brownie mixes, muffin mixes, breads, pie crusts, marshmallows, whipped cream.
- Canned foods: Add soup, broth, condensed milk, vegetables, fruits, spaghetti sauce and more to your stockpile.
- Clearance: Buy all your Thanksgiving decorations, extra table settings and turkey carving products now once they're at least 50% off.
- Home entertainment: Televisions and home entertainment prices fall after Christmas—get the new electronics for cheap.
- A boat: Did you know winter is prime time for boat shows? Boat shows come complete with boat discounts—handy if you’re in the market!
- Golf gear: Clubs, gloves, apparel—no one is really shopping for it when they can't golf. If you do, you will be sporting the finest for a fraction of the cost when the courses re-open.
- National Cookie Day: Oh yes! On December 4th there is a whole day dedicated to cookies—yay! Look for savings on cookie supplies and free cookies at local eateries and bakeries.
Don’t buy these items yet
Retailers have plenty to clear out to make way for incoming inventory. If you can wait until January to stock up on these items, you will find deals and steals galore
- National Oatmeal Month: Fill your cupboards with quick, old-fashioned, rolled and steel-cut oats, and ready to cook oatmeal packets.
- Diet Foods: Score slim-down aids like cereals, frozen entrees, meal and granola bars, diet shakes/drinks, Healthy Choice, South Beach, Lean Cuisine, Special K, Kashi, Smart Start, 100 Calorie Packs and diet aids (shakes, weight scales, diet cookbooks, exercise equipment & weights).
- Organization aids: Look for deals on shelving, plastic tubs & containers, labels.
- Super Bowl Sunday: Soda, chips, dips, cheese, sandwich items, crackers, snacks, wings, cut fruit & veggie trays—anything "Super Bowl" is fair game for discounts.
- Seasonal produce: Enjoy oranges, pears, grapefruit, tangerines, broccoli, carrots, cauliflower, celery, chard, collards, kale, kiwi, avocado, cabbage, and spinach.
- Clearance: Right after Christmas find decorations, toys, lights, stocking stuffers, artificial trees, ornaments, wrapping paper and gift bows. After New Year's find party supplies: noise makers, hats, party favors, wines & sparkling juices.
- Winter health: Look for coupons for cold medicines and vitamins, cough syrup and more.
Curious about upcoming stockpile savings?
If you just can't wait to see what savings the future holds for your growing stockpile, you will love this post by Joanie & Heather!