Didn’t you just love exchanging Valentines when you were a child? It’s fun to watch my kids get excited about it, too. Do you need a creative and easy idea for this year’s exchange? These cute little airplanes will surely make any child’s heart soar! A quick trip to the candy aisle will get you all you need. And these airplanes are easy enough that your kids can join in on the fun of making them, too!
- Life Savers candy – $1.97
- Pack of chewing gum sticks – $1.08
- Smarties candy – $0.50
- Card stock
- Rubber bands
- Valentine message
Total cost for 15 airplanes: $3.55, or $0.24 each
- Start by wrapping a piece of card stock (2 x 2 1/2″) around each piece of gum and tape in place. This will give the wings some stability, as the gum tends to bend without it. You can also add a heart sticker if you want to dress it up a bit.
- Take two Life Savers and slip the rubber band through the holes and then up and over the stick of gum (as pictured).
- Slide the Smarties roll in between the Life Saver wheels.
- Type up a little Valentine message on your computer and print it out.
- Cut into small strips and attach to the back of your plane.
- Fly those cute little planes to all your school friends and enjoy your Valentine’s Day exchange!