Valentine’s Day can get expensive fast! Luckily, it’s actually pretty easy to get free food on Valentine’s Day if you know where to look.
Pass on the five-course, $$$ meal and stop by one of these 14 places to get free treats for your sweetie (or yourself) instead. It’s good for your heart — and your wallet.
Download the KCL App and let us show you some more freebie love by notifying you of all the sweet deals this Valentine’s Day!
1. Stop by a Godiva store to get a free truffle on Valentine’s Day.
Stop by any Godiva location and you’ll get a free, dark-chocolate vanilla truffle on Valentine’s Day. What could be sweeter than that? Find a Godiva location near you.
2. Pucker up: Qdoba offers BOGO entrees if you give someone a kiss at the register.
Note: Please kiss the person you came with and not the cashier! It can be a significant other, your kiddo, a friend, or even an inanimate object. Just sayin’.
3. Kids eat free at McAlister’s Deli on Valentine’s Day.
Buy one adult entree and get up to two kids entrees free. It’s that simple. Find a McAlister’s
Deli near you.
4. Get a free heart shaped pizza with an online order at Buca di Beppo.
Order from Buca di Beppo online and get a free heart shaped pizza. Available on February 14 only.
5. You might get to sip some free champagne, compliments of Ibotta.
In the past, Ibotta has offered a $5 rebate if you uploaded any bar or restaurant receipt showing a glass of champagne.
Check their offers starting the day before Valentine’s Day to see if they’re offering the same this year.
6. Auntie Anne’s is offering a BOGO pretzel on Valentine’s Day.
Ever notice that pretzels are heart-shaped? Get one for you and a free one for someone you love. You’ll need to download the Pretzel Perks app, and then load the offer (when it becomes available) by noon on the 13th to get this deal. Yum.
7. Look out for a free sub from Quiznos on Valentine’s Day.
You’ll need to download their app and join their Toasty Points Club. In the past, their Valentine’s Day gift has been a free lobster and seafood sub on Valentine’s Day. Make sure you like Quizno’s Facebook page to find out about the sandwich shop’s latest promotions.
8. Get a free brownie at Chuck E. Cheese.
In the past, Chuck E. Cheese has offered a totally free brownie for every person — no purchase necessary — when you bring your kids to play on Valentine’s Day.
9. See if Firehouse Subs is offering a free cookie.
10. Check out Cici’s Pizza on Facebook to see if they’re offering a free Kids’ Buffet.
In past years, we’ve found coupons on Cici’s Pizza Facebook page offering a free Kids’ Buffet meal with the purchase of an adult buffet.
11. Eat a free, three-course meal at Mimi’s Cafe — if you get engaged in their restaurant.
This is definitely not for first dates. But if you’re planning to propose, hey, why not get a free meal, too?
12. Get a free cookie from Potbelly Sandwich Shop.
In 2019, Potbelly celebrated all the single ladies (and men!) with a free cookie with the purchase of an entreé. Simply come in solo, snag one of their delicious salads or sandwiches, and get a cookie of your choice on the house. Find a Potbelly near you.
13. Shred your ex with some free wings at Hooters Restaurant.
In years past, Hooters has given 10 free boneless wings to anyone who shreds a photo of their ex at one of their restaurants. The #ShredYourEx deal requires that you buy 10 wings first, so make sure you bring your new beau with you to take part in the chowdown.
14. Get a free doughnut from Krispy Kreme.
Krispy Kreme gave away free love-themed doughnuts — they look like Sweethearts and have cutesy sayings — for Valentine’s Day in 2019. Just make sure you’re a member of the Krispy Kreme rewards program before you show up knocking on their door asking for free pastries. Find a Krispy Kreme near you.
15. Order $35 of food online at TGIFridays.com and get a free dessert.
Order $35+ food online for pickup at a TGI Fridays near you, use promo code VDAY and get a free dessert of your choice from Feb. 10 – Feb. 16.
16. Enjoy a free breakfast burrito at Del Taco with ANY purchase at Del Taco.
Just for Valentine’s only, get a free breakfast wrap in the Del Taco app with ANY purchase. My suggestion: get a cup of coffee to go with that wrap!
17. Text GUAC MODE to 888222 by Feb. 20 and get free guacamole for a year at Chipotle!
This freebie isn’t technically a Valentine’s deal, but it ends on Feb. 20 so I had to tell you about it. Who doesn’t want free guacamole for an entire year?!