We're reader-supported and only partner with brands we trust. When you buy through links on our site we may receive a small commission at no extra cost to you. Learn More. Product prices and availability are accurate as of the date and time indicated and are subject to change.
French fries often play sidekick to hamburgers or other entrees, but on July 13, 2021 — National French Fry Day — they’re the star of the show.
We’ve compiled a list of the best National French Fry Day deals from a number of restaurants nationwide, so you can have all the free and almost-free french fries.
Download the KCL app for more deals, tips, and coupons.
1. McDonald’s is giving out free medium fries to app users on July 13.
McDonald’s is giving customers free medium fries on the app on July 13, as part of National French Fry Day. No purchase necessary.
Of course, you can get free fries every Fry-Day (Friday) when you place an order of at least $1 via the McDonald’s app. And if you’re new to the app they’ll throw in free large fries as a thank you!
They’re also holding a World Famous Fan Day contest on Twitter starting July 13, 2021. All you have to do is share why “you’re the most loyal McDonald’s fan” on Twitter, tag @McDonalds, and include the hashtags: #MyMcDonaldsFanContest and your home state (example: #FL for Florida). Sixty-six lucky participants can score one million MyMcDonald’s Rewards points, and one lucky winner can get free fries for life.
2. Use a coupon to get free small fries at White Castle on July 13.
You don’t have to buy anything to get the free small fries at White Castle on July 13. Download the coupon on their website or use the promo code: FRYDAY for online orders.
3. Checkers & Rally’s are offering $1 any size fries with purchase on July 13.
4. Burger King is giving away free fries with $1 purchase via their app for a limited time.
This deal isn’t specific to National Fry Day, but if your plan is to eat free/cheap fries nonstop all day, this is a valid part of the strategy.
5. Wendy’s is offering two app coupons for free fries with purchase for a limited time.
Wendy’s has got your National French Fry Day covered. They’re offering free medium fries with a purchase of a premium sandwich when you order through the app. And they’re also offering free pub fries with a mobile purchase, also via the app. Limit one coupon per transaction.
6. Get free fries with sandwich purchase at Big Deal Burger on July 13.
On National French Fry Day, July 13, the 47 Big Deal Burger locations across the country will give you free seasoned or cajun fries with any sandwich purchase. Make sure to use the coupon code FREEFRIES at checkout via their app or website.
7. Carl’s Jr. & Hardee’s give free fries and a drink to email subscribers — anytime.
Sign up for Carl’s Jr. and Hardee’s emails and they’ll give you a coupon for free small fries and a free small drink with purchase of any Western Bacon Cheeseburger. Do this on Fry Day, and every day after.
8. Get free fries with purchase, or purchase fries to get a free burger at BurgerFi on July 13.
Take your pick at BurgerFi on July 13: Either buy regular fries to get a half-price double cheeseburger, or get a free regular fry with any purchase.
For what it’s worth, the free regular fry with purchase is the best deal, because you save $3.27. The half-price double cheeseburger will save you $2.99.
9. Get to Crave Hot Dogs and BBQ early on July 13 to get free fries.
10. Get Smashburger fries for $1 with purchase on July 13.
Buy any burger or sandwich from Smashburger on National Fry Day and you’ll be able to get a regular size Smash Fries or sweet potato fries for just $1 (reg. $2.29).
And all the money from those $1 fries will be donated to local Boys & Girls Clubs near participating Smashburger locations.
11. Wayback Burgers is giving app users free fries with sandwich purchase on July 13.
Buy a burger or sandwich using the Wayback Burgers app on July 13, 2021, and you’ll get a free regular-sized fries.
12. PDQ has a special Waffle Fry Shake on July 13 only.
It’s exactly what it sounds like — a chocolate shake with waffle fries, whipped cream and a cherry on top.
This mash-up of flavors costs $3.99 (small) and $5.29 (regular), and is only available in store at PDQ locations on National French Fry Day, July 13.
13. Jack in the Box is giving away free Curly Fries when you place an order on the app on July 13.
Get a free order of Curly Fries when you place an order on Jack in the Box’s app on July 13.