Turn all of those bits into super-crayons. Kids will love the rainbow of colors and cool shape, and you will love that you just created something cool for practically nothing!
Here is what you will need:
- An assortment of broken crayon bits
- Non-stick cooking spray
- A muffin tin
Here is what you do!
- Spray the muffin pan with a light coating of non-stick spray.
- Place a few bits of crayon in each cup, filling it about halfway full.
- Place in the oven at 250 degrees for about 20 minutes until melted. NOTE: ovens will vary, and yours might do the job in more or less time. It is best to start at a low temp and check the progress in five minute intervals until done.
- Remove and allow to cool.
- Once cool, pop the new super-rainbow-crayons out and start scribbling!
This is a great way to repurpose old crayons and save them from the landfill, and at the same time it is a great rainy day activity that you can enjoy with the kids! So start scouring the house for those crayons bits.
Thanks, Sweet Greens