We're reader-supported and only partner with brands we trust. When you buy through links on our site we may receive a small commission at no extra cost to you. Learn More. Product prices and availability are accurate as of the date and time indicated and are subject to change.
If you’re looking for a FabKids review to decide if those cute cheap kids’ clothes are worth it; we’ve got you covered!
FabKids offers discounted kids apparel and more (unicorn shoes, headbands, etc.) delivered straight to your door.
The website works kind of like a subscription box; but then again, kinda not. I’ll explain more below.
(Before you get started, be sure to download the KCL app for deals on kids’ clothes from brands like Carters, Old Navy, Target and more!)
What is FabKids?
To shop with FabKids, you have to fill out a profile and give them your email address. You can’t shop on the site unless you fill out a profile, which makes you a “member.” At this entry point, you pay full retail price.
FabKids sells trendy and affordable kids apparel in sizes 2–14 for both girls and boys. There’s always an introductory offer that ends up being dirt cheap, which is how most of us get hooked.
FabKids has some awesome rotating offers. I’ve seen deals like get your first outfit for free (pay $4.95 to ship), get your first outfit for $9.95, buy one outfit get one free, and two pairs of boots for $9.95.
If you want to save more on FabKids products, you need to sign up for the VIP Program.
What is the FabKids VIP Membership Program?
So, as a FabKids VIP program member, you’ll get access to discounts that non-program members don’t receive.
Each FabKids outfit is priced starting at $52, but FabKids VIPs pay as little as $39.95 for the same outfit.
Shipping is also free on your first purchase when you become a FabKids VIP, free for orders over $49 and $4.95 for any order less than that.
How do you sign up for the VIP Membership Program?
You can sign up when you shop on the site. If you log in, fill out a basic member profile and try to purchase something, you will trigger a flurry of marketing automations that offer you a better price, incentives and other things to sign up for the VIP program.
To get started, you take a Short Lifestyle Quiz to help FabKids get to know your kids and their style better. If your kids are old enough, have them take it with you.
How does the FabKids VIP Membership Program work?
- Each month on the first, FabKids sends you an email with personalized selections of new outfits, specifically picked for your child or children.
- FabKids charges your card $39.95 per month and puts that amount into your account so you can shop online, unless you “skip” (more on that next.)
- You can look over all of the outfits on the list and order right off the website from the options, or choose your own outfits.
- Or you can “skip the month” by the 5th and not be charged the $39.95.
- You can skip as many months as you want, but you have to do it one month at a time between the 1st and the 5th of each month.
- If you don’t skip or order by the 5th, they will still charge your card the full $39.95 and give you a $39.95 credit into your FabKids account on the 6th day that can be redeemed toward one outfit (or $39.95 worth of individual styles).
- If for any reason you’re not satisfied with your selection, exchange it for another style or return it for a member credit or store credit.
- FabKids accepts returns up to 30 days from the date of shipment for items that are in new, unused condition and have all of the original packaging intact.
- However, you’ll be charged a $5.95 restocking fee for all items returned if you ask for a full refund.
Make sure you review products to earn points!
My little insider secret: Make sure to review the products you buy so you can earn points. You’ll earn 500 points for placing your first order, 25 points for every dollar you spend and 20 points for every item you review. Then, you can cash in your points:
2,000 pts = 1 Accessory (socks, tights)
2,000 pts = $10 off any order $50+
4,500 pts = 1 Basic Item (leggings)
6,500 pts = 1 Everyday Wear (dresses, shoes, tees)
Rewards points expire 12 months after you earn them, or upon cancellation of your account or VIP status. Also, if you return an item for a refund, the points earned for that purchase will be deducted from the account.
Is there a catch to FabKids?
Yes and no. If you don’t log in between the 1st and the 5th of any month and tap “skip this month,” you’ll be charged $39.95 on the 6th, and your FabKids account will be credited.
Outfits chosen for you will never ship without your approval. You have to log in to buy them with your FabKids credit (remember they will automatically charge your card).
Credits never expire. If you cancel your VIP status they will send you a gift card with your balance, if any.
What if I decide to cancel FabKids?
You can, but it will require an actual phone call, and you need to be firm. When I called to cancel, they offered me a $10 credit to continue my membership.
Cancel by calling FabKids customer service at 1-855-FAB-KIDS. Just say “close my account” when prompted, to speak with someone about canceling FabKids.
The Verdict: My FabKids Review
I paid for my own FabKids outfits, so this FabKids review is my own. Overall, I think the styles at FabKids are comparable to the selection and quality we find at Target or Old Navy. I’d give FabKids high marks for style, but the fit seemed disproportionate.
Girls’ Enchanted Outfit
The Unicorn Hoodie, Size 3T sweatshirt fit my daughter awkwardly. The sleeves were too long and the opening for her head was very tight. I struggled to pull it over her head.
The Unicorn Print Lace Up Booties were super cute and good quality for the price.
Boys’ Wild Woods Outfit
The other items, like the Sporty Joggers and the Multi-strap sneakers, fit well and were good quality.