We're reader-supported and only partner with brands we trust. When you buy through links on our site we may receive a small commission at no extra cost to you. Learn More. Product prices and availability are accurate as of the date and time indicated and are subject to change.
Motivating your kids to work for good grades is a chore, especially in the midst of this pandemic. Fortunately, there are some decent rewards for good grades that can incentivize your kids to put in some effort!
I’ve included all the best ones below, so check it out and watch it work some parenting magic. Before you read it, though, be sure to download the KCL app for daily freebies and deals.
Restaurants offering rewards for good grades.
Many of these discounts are difficult to verify online. In most cases, it varies from store to store, as it’s up to the franchise manager’s discretion. So call ahead to be sure!
- Baskin-Robbins: Students get one free scoop of ice cream if they have good grades on their report cards!
- Chick-fil-A: If your kids have A’s and B’s on their report cards, they get a free 8-pack of nuggets.
- Chuck E. Cheese: Chuck E. Cheese’s Super Student Award rewards kids with a Super Student Certificate, which gives them 10 free Play Points with any food purchase.
- Krispy Kreme: Students can get a free donut for each A for up to six A‘s at Krispy Kreme.
- McDonald’s: Kids may earn a free Happy Meal for good grades at McDonald’s.
- Red Robin: Students get a free kids meal (ages 10 and under) or a free Monster Milkshake (ages 11 and up) for academic achievement or perfect attendance at Red Robin.
- Pizza Hut: Students who get at least three A’s on their report cards can get a free Personal Pan Pizza and a small soft drink or carton of milk (dine-in only) from Pizza Hut. This program is designed for elementary and middle school students.
- Topps Trading Cards: Bring in a good report card to Topps Trading Cards and the manager will reward your kids with a free trading card gift.
Car insurance companies offering Good Student discounts.
- Allstate: Allstate’s smart student discount will make your teens’ insurance coverage more affordable. To get the teen driver discount, your children must be full-time students getting good grades; successfully complete the teenSMART driver education program; attend school at least 100 miles away from where their cars are garaged.
- American Family: American Family’s Good Student discount is available for students between the ages of 16 – 25 who are enrolled in high school or college full time.
- Amica: Amica’s Good Student discount is available to students ages 16 – 25 who are enrolled in high school or college with at least a B average.
- Farmers: If your state qualifies for Farmers discounts, your teen drivers can get the Classroom Discounts if they meet any of the following criteria:
- High school students with at least B average
- College students with a 3.0 (out of 4.0) grade point average or higher
- Dean’s List or Honor Roll students
- Students ranked in the top 20% of their class or in the top 20% in national standardized tests
- Geico: Your high school or college students qualify for Geico’s student discount if they:
- Maintain a B average or higher
- Haven’t been in an accident within the last five years
- Are a member of a fraternity or sorority and honor society
- Are in an alumni association
- Liberty Mutual: Students with a B average or higher are eligible for Liberty Mutual’s Good Student discount.
- Nationwide: Nationwide’s Good student discount is for drivers aged between 16 – 24 who are enrolled full time in college or high school with a B average or higher.
- Progressive: Progressive’s Good Student discount applies to students 22 years or younger with a B average or higher.
- Statefarm: Statefarm’s Good Student discount is for drivers 25 and under in high school or college who meet one of the following criteria:
- Ranked scholastically in the upper 20% of his or her class
- Had a grade average of B or higher
- Had a grade point average of 3.0 (out of 4.0) or higher
- Made the Dean’s List or Honor Roll
- Travelers: Travelers’ Good Student discount is available for drivers who maintain a B average or higher, or are in the upper 20% of their class.
- USAA: Bear in mind USAA insurance is only available to active military, veterans and their families. If that’s you, then your teens can get USAA’s Good Student discount if they “get good grades” (according to their policy).