We're reader-supported and only partner with brands we trust. When you buy through links on our site we may receive a small commission at no extra cost to you. Learn More. Product prices and availability are accurate as of the date and time indicated and are subject to change.
I have a friend who always orders Halloween costumes while she’s doing the last of her back-to-school shopping. #goals
Whether you’re an overachiever or a “stop by Spirit Halloween at 6 p.m. on October 31st” kind of person, a little inspiration never hurts. And make sure you follow our Halloween deals to get the best prices on all your creepy needs!
Whether you’re shopping for the kids or for yourself, here are the Halloween costumes everyone is buying this year:
1. Wonder Woman, kids’ sizes s-l — $23.31 – $26.21
How long has the movie been out? It doesn’t matter, this is still one of the most popular Halloween costumes for kids in 2019.
The Incredibles are sticking around and if your kids watch it, then you have some great Halloween costume ideas!
3. Eleven from Stranger Things, kids’ sizes s-l — $29.99
Eleven is one of the best Halloween costumes for kids or adults. You can totally buy it, but you can also DIY it! Check out these 10 Epic DIY Halloween Costumes if you prefer to skip the stores this year!
4. Inflatable Ride-On Dinosaur, kids’ or adult o/s — $26.99 – $29.99
This is another of those Halloween costumes great for kids or adults. Just make sure you pick the right size when adding it to your cart.
5. Taco, kids’ o/s — $25.07
Talk about a fun Halloween costume idea!
6. Astrid from How to Train Your Dragon: The Hidden World, kids’ sizes s-l — $49.99
Kids are obsessed with How to Train Your Dragon, which makes Astrid one of the best Halloween costumes out there!
7. Emoji, kids’ o/s — $20.89
The emoji is a low-key, super easy Halloween costume to pull off. Carry a matching emoji trick-or-treat bag for all that candy you’re sure to bring in.
8. Maleficent, kids’ sizes m-l — $21.08 – $27.19
Maleficent is one of the best Halloween costumes for those who want to be scary and classy. You could even DIY her accessories to save some cash!
9. Iron Man, kids’ sizes s-l — $29.99
If your favorite superhero is Iron Man then your Halloween costume should be easy!
10. Mal from Descendants, kids’ sizes s-l — $49.99
Spirit Halloween may seem like the spendiest place to buy your costume, but we’ve got 13 Spirit Halloween tips that’ll help you save some cash if you shop there!
11. Indominus Rex from Jurassic World, kids’ sizes s-l — $22.70 – $24.47
When you think of Halloween costumes for kids, then dinosaurs are just a given.
12. Inflatable T-Rex, kids & adult o/s — $30.80 – $48.83We’re big fans of the inflatable T-Rex. We keep them around for Halloween costumes and everyday laughs. You should, too.
13. Peanut Butter and Jelly, adult o/s — $33.39
This is one of the best Halloween costume ideas for couples! Who doesn’t love pb&j?
14. Minions from Despicable Me, sizes in kids & adult — $12.00 – $30.99
You could easily make Minion family Halloween costumes! Just make sure to order one of each size.
15. Black Panther, kids’ sizes s-l — $21.99 – $26.52
The best thing about a Black Panther Halloween costume for kids? It’ll double as a favorite dress-up outfit the rest of the year, too!
16. Harry Potter Gryffindor robe, kids’ sizes s-l — $17.99 – $23.25
Harry Potter glasses, scarf and wand are sold separately, but those are the easiest part of the Halloween costume to DIY!
17. Belle from Beauty and the Beast, sizes in kids & adult — $27.99 – $32.16
Princess Halloween costumes will never get old.
18. Frozone from Incredibles 2, adult sizes l-xxl — $22.51 – $37.52
This is a fun Halloween costume idea if you’re heading to a party!
19. Rey from Star Wars, kids’ sizes s-l — $17.99 – $20.97
Rey is one of our favorite Halloween costumes for kids.
20. Astronaut, kids’ o/s — $24.99
An astronaut is a seriously fun Halloween costume idea! You could even make a spaceship out of cardboard to go along with it.
21. Mavis from Hotel Transylvania, kids’ size s-l — $24.99
This is a great Halloween costume if your kid wants to be cute and just a little creepy.
22. Wreck-It Ralph, kids’ size 3T-m — $34.99
This is the perfect Halloween costume for kids obsessed with Ralph Breaks the Internet!
23. Moana, kids’ size 4-6x — $8.99
Moana is a family favorite which makes it one of the best Halloween costume ideas.
24. Emmet Brickowski from The LEGO Movie, kids’ sizes s-l — $35.00
If you really want to go with this Halloween costume theme, then you could give out LEGOs instead of candy! Or you could just watch all of our candy deals to get the best price.
25. Fox, kids’ sizes s-l — $34.99
via the labeled life
If you don’t want to buy the full fox Halloween costume, then consider just buying the fox accessory kit from Target for $8.00 and pairing it with drawn-on whiskers!
26. Edna Mode from Incredibles 2, adult sizes s-xl — $69.99
via Dramatic Threads
Seriously, Incredibles 2 has some of the best Halloween costume ideas!
Psst…before you get your trick-or-treat on, check out all of the places you can eat for free on Halloween!
27. Kylo Ren from Star Wars, adult one size — $23.62
via Katie on Amazon
Kylo Ren is the perfect Halloween costume if one of your kiddos is already planning to go as Rey!
28. Mario Riding Yoshi, kids’ one size & adult one size — $30.49 – $45.78
This is one of the best Halloween costumes for anyone, but especially for those of us who loved Super Nintendo back in the day!
29. Harley Quinn from Suicide Squad, adults’ sizes xs-l — $26.99 – $31.99
via Laura on Amazon
Comic book characters will always be great Halloween costume ideas.
30. Octopus, adults’ one size — $57.22
We don’t usually think of sea creatures as Halloween costumes, but maybe we should!
31. Captain Underpants, sizes s-l — $39.99 – $49.99
This isn’t just a great Halloween costume for kids, you guys.
Here are some more links to make sure you have the best Halloween ever!
- Back-to-School Shopping Guide
- Halloween coupons & deals
- 19 Family Halloween Costume Ideas Your Kids Will Love
- 10 Epic DIY Halloween Costumes That Cost $10 or Less
- 7 Scary Good Ways to Save on Halloween Candy
- 13 Spirit Halloween Tips to Save You Cash on Costumes
- 22 Easy DIY Halloween Costumes for Kids and Adults
- 13 Creepy Ways to Decorate Your Home for Halloween
- 21 Ridiculously Easy Dollar Store Halloween DIYs
- Candy coupons & deals
- 18 Places to Get Free Food on Halloween