Credit Sesame is a FREE online personal finance tool ready at your fingertips. At Credit Sesame you can safely monitor your credit, receive financial advice, and more! Credit Sesame even routinely reviews your credit score, debt, and home loans. With this information, it then searches for alternative loans that will help you save money in the long run. And while most people pay big bucks for financial advice such as this, at Credit Sesame these services are free!
Credit Sesame can also be used to track your Experian credit score every month at no cost! This service allows you to quickly notice any discrepancies or errors that could heavily damage your borrowing power.
Here's how to become a FREE member of Credit Sesame:
- Visit Credit Sesame today.
- Click on the yellow "Sign up" button in the top right-hand corner of your screen.
- Enter your information and click the "Sign up" button. YOU MUST use your legal name so the site can access your credit profile.
- If you have a common name, the site will prompt you to answer identifying questions from your credit report such as your previous address.
- You will be directed to a secure site where you will enter your personal information such as your annual income and Social Security number.
- Once you confirm your account, you are ready to begin!
I have used this program over the last few months and have come up with a few different items that I like and dislike about the program. I thought I’d share them with you.
- I liked being able to instantly view my credit score from Experian for FREE! This alone is worth signing up. In the past I have paid as much as $14.95 for credit reports, so this is a welcomed freebie.
- The "What if" device allowed me to see what my financial life would be like if I had a better credit score. This tool is an excellent motivator since it shows how much money I could be saving. It helps put in perspective what exactly it is I am aiming for!
- I liked Credit Sesame's visual tools that represented my debt to credit ratio. Pie-charts are an easy way to understand the whole picture.
- Signup is fast and easy. You and your spouse can both sign up in less than 10 minutes.
- I did not like how only my Experian credit score shows. Having reports of multiple agencies is the most beneficial and gives a more accurate financial picture.
- The site did not show my latest credit balance. It showed my credit balance from when my credit card company reported to the credit agencies at the billing cycle cut-off date. These numbers may be as much as 30 days off.
- The financial advice offered on the site is limited. You may need to further consult a financial adviser (at your expense) to answer other questions you may have.
Credit Sesame is worth taking a look at if you wish to improve your finances and save money. You can cancel if it does not meet your expectations, and given that it is free, there is no risk. And because multiple members of a household can sign up, everyone can get on board and start taking control of his or her money!