I never pay full price to get food delivered — and neither should you. I’m always hunting for free food delivery near me. Each food delivery service only allows one coupon code per order, so you gotta be sneaky about how you work this, but I will show you how.
But first, an overall PRO TIP I want to call out for this article that I found out after interviewing a DoorDash driver: Food delivery drivers pick orders out of the delivery queue based on the size of the order, or the tip the customer pre-pays before the delivery, depending on the delivery service. If you want your food fast, pre-pay a reasonable tip—usually around $5—and a driver will grab your order out of the queue right away.
Download the Krazy Coupon Lady app to get the latest coupons.
1. Save at least $10 with a Grubhub coupon when you place a first-time order.
Don’t you dare pay full price on a Grubhub order! You can pretty much always find a Grubhub coupon or deal online. FYI, Grubhub also delivers alcohol (if your state allows it). Here’s what else you need to know about finding the best Grubhub deals.
Delivery fees: Grubhub delivery fees are set by the restaurant, but usually cost between $2 and $8. They also fold in miscellaneous fees to their “taxes and fees” line on your itemized receipt at checkout. On a recent $37 order, for example, my delivery fee was just $1.49, but my taxes and fees line was about $6.72.
Membership: Grubhub+ costs $9.99 a month and gets you free delivery on all orders (minimum spend may be applicable). You can always sign up for a free trial of Grubhub+. It’s usually a seven-day trial, but I’ve seen it go up to 14 days, too.
Grubhub Promo Codes, Discounts, and Coupons
In July 2020, I found these Grubhub coupons and promo codes (all are only valid for first-time orders):
- Grubhub basically always has a $10 off your first order of $15 or more promotion for new users. Once you enter your email address, you’ll get a unique coupon code sent to your inbox. My one-time unique code for being a first-timer was GH10NDALSKJDFWOE, for example.
- Promo code BUI7 gets you free delivery and $7 off an order of $12 or more when you order through the Grubhub app.
- Promo code GRUBFREE gets you $10 off an order of $15 or more.
- Get 25% off orders $15 or more using ZIFF25 or BI25.
- GrubHub promo code GHAPP10 gets you $10 off any in-app purchase.
Good to know: Sometimes Grubhub coupons for first orders get glitchy, as in the system doesn’t recognize a first-time order as it should. I emailed Grubhub about it and was told that Grubhub customer care would apply “the code manually or credit it directly to the diner’s order.” But, if you have any trouble, you can contact their customer service at (877)585-1085 or via Grubhub’s customer service email.
Restaurants also sometimes do their own Grubhub-specific deals. In July 2020, Chuck E. Cheese did $10 off an order of $30 or more, while Taco Bell and DelTaco offered free delivery on orders more than $15.
PRO TIP: Whatever app you’re using, look for restaurants that waive the delivery fee on your first order. This is common practice for eateries that are new to a delivery service or just looking to bring in extra biz.
2. Wait for the best DoorDash promo codes to save 50% on any order.
I love DoorDash the most, probably because I have a free DashPass membership from my Chase Sapphire Preferred card. It’s almost silly how excited I was to find out I have two years of free delivery just from having a credit card, but hey, it’s the little things. (If you’re a Chase cardholder, make sure you’re not missing out on any DashPass perks.) Plus, DoorDash has some of the more generous coupons at the time of my research — half off an entire order for new and existing customers!
Delivery fees: Depends on location and eatery, but usually between $5 and $8 per order
Membership: DashPass costs $9.99 a month and gets you free delivery on all orders over $12.
DoorDash Promo Codes, Discounts, and Coupons
In July 2020, I found these DoorDash promo codes and discounts:
- Promo code 50JULYUS would get you 50% off your first DoorDash order of $20 or more.
- Promo code 25OFF4U would get you 25% off any order through July 31st, 2020.
- Promo code MISSYOU would get you 50% off any order through July 28th, 2020.
- DoorDash promo code 25MENU gets you a 25% discount on a first-time delivery.
- Make sure to have your friends who already use DoorDash send you a referral link. You’ll get $5 off your first three or four DoorDash orders (I’ve seen it both ways) when you sign up on the referral-specific webpage, totaling a savings of $15 – $20. Each order must be over $15, and there’s no membership required.
- Then, when you refer a friend, you’ll get $10 if their first order is more than $15.
Good to know: Through July 31, 2020, DoorDash is doing 10% off all pickup orders for those who don’t mind taking a little trip in their car. I suspect discounted pickup orders will be a trend for as long as coronavirus has many of us on lockdown.
DoorDash also delivers alcohol (again, only if your state allows it).
PRO TIP: Not a new customer, but want that new customer discount? Try using a different email address so it just looks like you’re a new customer. Sorry, not sorry.
3. Save $7 on your first order when a friend sends you an Uber Eats promo code.
Uber Eats is owned by, you guessed it, Uber, and operates in hundreds of U.S. cities. It’s probably Grubhub’s biggest competitor and is only growing (more on that later).
Delivery fees: Uber Eats’ delivery fee is based on distance and usually between $0.99 and $7.99 per order. There’s also a service fee which is 15% of the order’s subtotal. This doesn’t include a tip.
Membership: Uber Eats Pass costs $9.99/month for free delivery on all orders of $15 or more, plus it takes 5% off every order.
Uber Eats Promo Codes, Discounts and Coupons
In July 2020, I found these ways to save on Uber Eats delivery orders:
- JULYDEAL could get you an extra $20 off orders of $30 or more.
- Have a friend refer you to Uber Eats to get a unique code — EATS-JOANIED156UI for example — that gets you $7 off your first order.
- Then, refer your friends to save both of you money. Friends who use your referral code will get $7 off their first order, and you’ll get an additional $15-20 off your next order, depending on your area. Not a bad deal.
- You can also use code PICKITUP to save $10 if you feel like, well, picking it up.
Good to know: Even with the $7 off via a referral link, I still felt like Uber Eats’ miscellaneous fees were bogging down my total order cost. I wanted to order two entrees and an appetizer from a local Indian restaurant where entrees were about $14 and the appetizer was about $5. Even after the $7 off, there was still a $4.95 service fee, a $0.99 delivery fee, a $6.18 tip (15%; I could have adjusted this), and $2.31 in taxes. So the total was still $40.43… yeah, I’m not paying that for a meal for two eating in. Uber Eats also delivers alcohol.
4. The best Postmates promo code saves you $100 in delivery fees.
Surprise! UberEats just bought Postmates. Though how this will affect the service is TBD, we do know some things: Postmates has a farther reach than UberEats — it delivers some groceries and works with 250,000 businesses versus Uber Eats’ 100,000. Hopefully this means expansion for both services as they merge (or whatever).
Delivery fees: Postmates’ delivery fee is usually between $3.99 and $5.99 per order.
Membership: Postmates Unlimited is $9.99/month (or $99.99/year), and gives you free delivery on all orders over $12.
Postmates Promo Codes, Discounts, and Coupons
In July 2020, we found these Postmates deals:
- FOODMATES gets you $10 off your first order. Doesn’t waive other fees.
- Sometimes Postmates does seasonal specials, like last summer when three months of unlimited deliveries were gifted to new users using a unique code.
- Promo code BI5OFF gets you $5 off, but doesn’t waive the delivery and other miscellaneous fees, which totaled more than $16 — $9.42 for taxes and fees and $6.99 for delivery — on what was a $31.98 order. Even with the $5 off, it was still $43.39. Steep! But you could also sign up for a free trial of Unlimited Uber Eats, which will waive all delivery fees for 7 days.
Good to know: Postmates has done $100 delivery fee credits for new users as recent as last fall using codes like SAVE100 or KCL100. I will be keeping my eyes peeled for similar promotions in the future 😉. Postmates also delivers alcohol.
PRO TIP: Try downloading your favorite local restaurant’s app and opening up an account. You can often snag promos for free delivery!
5. Get at least $15 off any order using a Seamless promo code.
Seamless operates in more than 40 American cities and is owned by Grubhub. I really like Seamless — they have plenty of discounts to be found — but FYI, I experienced some of the same glitchiness as Grubhub. Contact Seamless customer care via chat if you have any problems with a Seamless coupon.
Delivery fees: Typically $2 to $3 per order
Membership: Seamless+ is $9.99/month and gets you unlimited free delivery on all orders over $12.
Seamless Promo Codes, Discounts, and Coupons
In July 2020, I found these ways to save on a Seamless delivery order:
- Seamless promo code CHILI15 gets you $15 off an in-app order.
- Promo code BUZZFEED saves 15% on an order, plus waives the delivery fee.
- New users get $10 off their first order of $15 or more automatically when they enter their email as a first-time user. My unique code, for example, was SL10WEUHKJDN67.
- If a friend refers you to Seamless, you’ll get $10 off your first order via a one-time-use unique code.
- When you refer someone, you’ll get a $12 discount code to use on your next order.
Good to know: I found Seamless to be one of the better services for saving money, because its lack of additional hidden/service fees made it cheaper overall. Plus, many Seamless coupons waive the delivery fee in addition to the dollar or percent savings promised. Seamless also delivers alcohol.
6. Save at least $5 when you order through DeliverClub.
Deliverclub.com isn’t as well known as the other delivery services mentioned here, but they have their own DeliverClub app, too. They seem to operate in inland and mid-sized American cities, like Woodstock, GA; Indianapolis; Bend, Oregon; Orlando and so on. See if DeliverClub is in your city.
Delivery fees: Varies by location and restaurant; mine was $5.63.
Membership: A DeliverClub membership is $5.99 a month and gets you free or reduced delivery (depends on the establishment and distance). No minimum spend.
Deliver Club Promo Codes, Discounts, and Coupons
In July 2020, I found these ways to save on a DeliverClub order:
- Earn 5$ off any in-app order if it’s your first time using promo code AppNotWeb
Good to know: You can try a DeliverClub membership (known as “ClubDC”) free for 30 days. Also, definitely sign up for their newsletters as they often send out special DeliverClub promo codes and coupons.
Don’t scroll up! Here are the related links mentioned: