My husband was always a Turbo Tax guy, but I’ve been hearing good things about H&R Block Free Edition, so I gave it a whirl. (2012 Tax Software reviews place Turbo Tax and H&R Block neck-and-neck in spots 1 and 2 for the best software of the year.) Signing up was a breeze–I actually logged in with facebook! The steps were simple and straightforward. I eFiled online, signed up to be texted once the IRS accepts my return, and changed my text tone to a ‘Ca-Ching’ sound. Now all I’ve gotta do is sit back and wait.
H&R Block Free Edition— Just How Free Is it?
- Free from the comfort of your own home. Complete everything online. Not a penny or minute wasted on the commute to the accountant!
- Free accuracy check. After you complete your federal or state return, they’ll check your tax return for errors.
- Free eFiling included. No additional fees to eFile your Federal return. Get your return in as little as eight days.
- Free help and tax expertise, in the case that you’re audited.
- Free guarantee. Accurate calculations are guaranteed or they’ll reimburse resulting IRS penalties and interest charges.
So, what are you waiting for? Eight days from now you could be irresponsibly blowing your tax refund on a ridiculous pair of stilettos or a weekend getaway with your sweetie! (If you haven’t played the game: If you had to spend your entire tax return on one pair of shoes, which pair would they be?, I highly recommend it. Found mine at Nordstrom.) Back to the real world: whether you’re using your tax refund to grow your savings, plan an annual family vacation, fix your car or pay off Christmas, don’t wait until April! Use a free online tax software like H&R Block and get your money next week!