In the wake of a difficult year for department stores, Macy’s is cutting their footprint to focus on more profitable locations. That means we’ll be saying goodbye to 45 Macy’s stores this year — with liquidation sales.
Here’s what you need to know:
Macy’s liquidation sales have already started at some locations.
If your local Macy’s is closing, you’ll want to keep your eyes peeled for liquidation sales. These stores have already started closing and liquidation sales:
- California: Del Monte (Monterey)
- Florida: Citi Center (Winter Haven)
- Massachusetts: Cambridgeside (Cambridge)
- Ohio: Lima Mall (Lima)
- Oregon: Lloyd Center (Portland)
Other liquidation sales are expected to kick off at the end of the month.
The sales are expected to last 8-12 weeks, with discounts kicking off at 30% storewide. Unless there’s something you absolutely HAVE to have before they close, you’ll want to wait; discounts typically increase by 10% every couple of weeks.
These 36 Macy’s stores will close by midyear in 2021.
In addition to a closure of the Macy’s-owned Bloomingdale’s store in Santa Monica, Calif., these Macy’s stores will close in the first half of 2021:
- Arizona: Paradise Valley Mall (Phoenix)
- California: Hilltop Mall (Richmond), Parkway Plaza (El Cajon)
- Connecticut: Brass Mill Center (Waterbury), Crystal Mall (Waterford)
- Florida: Port Charlotte Town Center (Port Charlotte), Volusia Mall (Daytona Beach)
- Georgia: Greenbriar Mall (Atlanta)
- Hawaii: Hyatt Regency Maui (Lahaina)
- Idaho: Grand Teton Mall (Idaho Falls)
- Illinois: Water Tower Place (Chicago)
- Indiana: College Mall (Bloomington)
- Maryland: Marlow Heights (Marlow Heights)
- Missouri: Independence Center (Independence), Northpark Mall (Joplin), West Park Mall (Cape Girardeau)
- New York: Sangertown Square (New Hartford), White Plains Galleria (White Plains)
- Ohio: Great Lakes Mall (Mentor), Richland Mall (Mansfield), Tri-County Mall (Cincinnati)
- Tennessee: The Avenue Carriage Crossing (Collierville), Old Hickory Mall (Jackson)
- Texas: Golden Triangle Mall (Denton), Post Oak Mall (College Station), Rolling Oaks Mall (San Antonio), Shops at Rivercenter (San Antonio), Vista Ridge Mall (Lewisville)
- Utah: South Towne Center (Sandy)
- Washington: The Commons at Federal Way (Federal Way), NorthTown Mall (Spokane)
Nine Macy’s stores already closed this year.
In addition to a Bloomingdale’s in Chicago, the following Macy’s stores have shut down already in 2021:
- Arizona: Park Place (Tucson)
- Colorado: Southwest Plaza (Littleton)
- Delaware: Dover Mall (Dover)
- Illinois: Oakbrook Center Mall (Oak Brook), Woodfield Mall (Schaumburg)
- New York: Commack Corners (Commack)
- Ohio: Eastland (Dayton)
- Pennsylvania: Harrisburg Mall (Harrisburg)
Keep watching The Krazy Coupon Lady for Macy’s deals.
We love finding good bargains at Macy’s, and whether your store is closing or not, we constantly update our Macy’s deals page to let you know when you can get a good deal on apparel, beauty, home goods, and more.