I always knew I wanted to work from home. Over the last five years, I’ve tried just about everything and now I know what works and what doesn’t.
While it’s not without effort and it’s not often glamorous, I won’t ever give it up. Here are seven of the best ways to earn extra money from your couch!
1. Earn $12 per month with Springboard America
Springboard America is one of the leading online market research communities in the US, giving you and me the opportunity to participate in surveys and discussions that influence the brands, products, and services we all use every day!
With each survey, you can earn up to $5.00, and once you reach the $50 minimum, you can cash out with an Amazon gift card or Visa Paylution. My experience: I receive about two surveys in my inbox each week (some of my friends receive even more than that)- so cashing out doesn’t take long at all!
So How Do I Get Started?
Participating is seriously super easy! Springboard America sends you e-mail invitations for surveys and other research and enters all new members into a $1,000 cash sweepstakes.
2. Earn $25 per month with InboxDollars.
InboxDollars has become such a popular way to earn money from your couch that it was featured on Good Morning America. You can start earning ($5, to be exact) just for signing up!
InboxDollars gives you six ways to earn:
- Read emails. Just click the link at the bottom of the email to show you read it.
- Take surveys. Earn between $0.50 and $10 per survey.
- Try new brand name products. Check out the 100% FREE offers area to earn between $0.25 – $3.00 just for trying a new product.
- Watch videos. Earn up to 6 cents for each short video you watch. New videos are posted each week.
- Refer friends. When they join, you get 10% of what they earn.
One of the best things about choosing InboxDollars to earn from your couch is that you will never wonder how much you will earn for your activities—each offer has a dollar amount (or another type of reward) stated right up front. So you can maximize the time you have to earn.
Also, InboxDollars and Bing Rewards (see #2) are linked—so you can potentially double what you are earning!
If you complete 5-10 surveys and watch a few videos per week in addition to reading emails regularly, you should be able to earn about $25 per month. Once your account reaches $30, cash out for a check or a Visa cash card.
3. Earn $30 per month with Opinion Outpost.
Opinion Outpost pays you for—wait for it—sharing your opinion. Since you likely often do that for free, it’s great to get paid for it too!
- About the surveys: Surveys are sent via email. Most are 10-15 questions and will only take a few minutes to complete. Surveys pay between $1-$10 each and are customized to your profile, so you may get different surveys than someone else in your family. I usually receive two surveys per day. If I always take one of them, I earn at least $30 per month.
- About the rewards: You can earn cash (via PayPal), redeem rewards for great gift cards (Amazon, iTunes, etc.), and—best of all—for every survey you take, you get one entry into the quarterly prize drawing to win $10,000 (that isn’t a typo—yes, $10,000!).
4. Earn $12 per month with Pinecone Research.
Pinecone Research is a survey company that pays you to sit on your couch—it’s also one of my favorite ways to earn. Not only do they maintain an A+ rating with the Better Business Bureau (not an easy feat), but they get rave reviews from Survey Police and others.
Pinecone pays members to give opinions on new products that the general public doesn’t yet know about! Sign up now because the panel is often closed to new members.
Most surveys take 15 minutes or less. The number of points you earn will vary for each survey, but most will equal out to around $3 cash. Complete just one survey a week to earn $12 per month. Redeem accrued points for cash (via PayPal) or rewards and prizes.
Related: 13 Apps That Make You Easy Money
5. Earn a second income: start your own blog.
At this moment in time, I make most of my couch-side income through blogging. I love it. Blogging is the most rewarding career choice I’ve ever made—it’s fun, flexible, creative, and opens up a whole new world of money-making opportunities. I can’t recommend it highly enough.
If you’ve been dreaming of starting a blog but aren’t sure how to get started, check out our How to Blog series! And if you’ve had a blog for awhile now and want to start making money from it, we’ll show you how in this article!
Other ways to monetize your blogging (all covered in the How to Blog series!):
- Affiliate links. Products you endorse on your blog.
- Sponsors. Ads you accept for your blog.
- Images. Enticing images can reel readers in.
6. Earn $9 per month with Bing Rewards.
Bing Rewards makes earning so easy, you might even forget you’re earning—seriously! All you have to do is sign up for Bing Rewards using a Microsoft account and then search the Web using Bing as your search engine browser.
If you’re an average Internet user, conducting about sixty searches per day, you’ll accrue thirty cents a day, which ends up being about $9 per month. I redeem credits for Amazon gift cards, but there are so many rewards to choose from; Starbucks, Sephora, and Macy’s are just a few of the popular rewards.
How you earn:
- You can redeem your earned rewards for gift cards.
- You can turn your rewards points into fuel rewards or airline miles.
- You can use your points to enter sweepstakes for bigger winnings.
- You can donate your rewards to the charity of your choice.
Advertiser Disclosure: Some of the offers that appear in this post contain affiliate links, which means that The Krazy Coupon Lady receives some compensation. This compensation may impact how products/promotions appear on this site.