These easy Disney recipes make it so you don’t have to go to Disney World in order to eat food from inside the parks!
The Disney food blog was kind enough to release a couple of its closely guarded recipes, and we found the ones you can make on a budget — either for less than $10 or based on items you probably already have on hand.
Here’s what you can whip up in your own kitchen!
Plus, check out these other articles that’ll help you save money on your Disney World or Disneyland trip. You know, in case you want to go and let someone else make Disney treats for you.
1. Disney Dole Whip Recipe
The Disney Dole Whip is one of the most iconic theme park foods of all time, and now you can make it from home with just three ingredients you probably have lying around:
- 1 scoop of vanilla ice cream
- 4 oz. pineapple juice
- 2 cups frozen pineapple
Add all the ingredients in a blender and blend until thick and smooth.
Get ice cream coupons here.
2. Toy Story Land Grilled Cheese Disney Recipe
This Disney recipe, made famous by Woody’s Lunchbox at Disney’s Hollywood Studios in Florida, is a memorable take on a classic sandwich. You’ll need nine ingredients:
- 8 slices of artisan bread
- 8 slices of cheddar cheese
- 8 slices of provolone cheese
- Course salt
- ½ cup cream cheese
- ½ cup shredded Double Gloucester or cheddar cheese
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 ½ teaspoons minced garlic
- Mix the cream cheese, shredded cheese, heavy cream and ¼ teaspoon salt in a food processor or blender until smooth.
- Mix the mayo, garlic and ½ teaspoon of salt in a bowl until smooth.
- Put out your bread slices on parchment paper or a large cutting board.
- Place 2 slices of cheddar cheese on 4 of the bread slices, and 2 slices of provolone on the other 4 slices.
- Smooth a spoonful of the cream cheese spread on the slices with provolone.
- Press a cheddar slice and provolone slice together (repeat 4x).
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat for 5 minutes, until hot.
- Brush both sides of the sandwiches with garlic spread.
- Grill sandwiches for 2 minutes on each side, until cheese is melted and bread is golden brown.
Get all the cheese coupons here.
3. Disney Churro Bites Recipe
Churro Bites have been a staple of theme park menus internationally, and now you can make them at home (and you probably have everything on hand already):
- 1 cup water
- 8 tablespoons butter
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¾ teaspoon ground cinnamon, divided
- 1 ¼ cups all-purpose flour
- 3 eggs
- 1 ½ cups vegetable or canola oil
- ½ cup sugar
- Combine water, butter, salt, and ¼ teaspoon cinnamon in 1 ½-quart saucepan over medium heat. Bring to rolling boil.
- Reduce heat to low.
- Add flour and stir vigorously until mix forms a ball. Remove from heat and let rest for 5 – 7 min.
- Add eggs, one at a time, and stir until combined. Set aside.
- Heat oil in medium skillet or 1-quart saucepan over medium-high heat or until temperature reaches 350˚.
- Spoon dough into piping bag fitted with large star tip. Pipe 1-inch strip of dough over saucepan, cut with knife, and drop into hot oil. Repeat until churro bites fill saucepan with room to fry.
- Fry churro bites until golden brown. Remove with slotted spoon or mesh spider strainer.
- Drain churro bites on paper towel.
- Mix sugar and ½ teaspoon cinnamon in medium bowl. Toss in churro bites until coated. Place on serving plate and serve with favorite dipping sauce.
4. EPCOT’s Canadian Cheddar Cheese Soup Recipe
This creamy soup is available at Le Cellier in the Canadian pavilion at Walt Disney World’s EPCOT. The ingredient list is rather long compared to these other options, but much of it is probably on your grocery list already. Here’s what you need:
- 1/2 lb smoked bacon, medium dice
- 2 tablespoons butter, unsalted
- 1 medium red onion, medium dice
- 3 ribs celery, medium dice
- 1 cup flour
- 3 cups fresh or low-sodium Chicken Stock
- 4 cups whole milk
- 12 oz. white cheddar
- 3 dashes Tabasco
- 3 dashes Worcestershire
- 4 fl. oz. pale ale, room temperature
- Kosher salt
- Black pepper, fresh ground
- 1 tablespoon chives, thinly sliced for garnish
- 2 tablespoon smoked bacon, rendered crisp, fat removed
- Heat milk in a saucepan and bring to a simmer.
- In a non-reactive heavy-bottomed soup pot, such as a Dutch oven, render bacon over medium heat until wilted but not browned.
- Add onions, celery, and carrots then cook until the onion is translucent and bacon has crisped.
- Slowly add in flour and stir for 2 minutes.
- Stir in stock, a little at a time, blending well.
- Add warmed milk and stir until there are no lumps.
- Return to a simmer, then cover and let simmer for 15 minutes.
- Remove from heat and stir in cheese, Tabasco, Worcestershire and ale.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve with your favorite pretzel bread and top with chopped chives.
Get all the bacon coupons you need here.
5. Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge Fried Endorian Tip-Yip Recipe
You can eat like you’re in a galaxy far, far away with this chicken (aka “Tip Yip”) dish.
- 2 large boneless skinless chicken breasts
- Vegetable oil (or similar)
- 1 ½ cups flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- Pinch of cayenne pepper
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons buttermilk
- 1 batch mashed potatoes
- 1 cup cooked mixed vegetables (peas/carrots/corn)
- Cut the chicken into small pieces and set aside. Fill a small saucepan with 2 inches of oil. Place over medium heat and begin to heat it up to around 350 degrees while you prepare the chicken.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the flour, salt, black pepper, and cayenne to mix evenly. In another small bowl, beat together the egg and the buttermilk.
- Working with one piece at a time, dip the chicken into the egg mixture, then the flour mixture, making sure it’s well coated. Repeat that sequence, then set the chicken aside.
- Once all the meat is coated, begin frying by lowering it into the hot oil a few pieces at a time. Flipping occasionally, cook for about 5 – 10 minutes, until a nice dark golden brown color. Remove to a plate lined with paper towel to drain.
- To assemble the dish, stir together the mashed potatoes and the mixed vegetables. Add a generous dollop of this to each serving dish. Tumble several of the nuggets on top and enjoy straightaway.
If you want to include Gurreck Gravy, there’s a whole separate recipe for that.
Get chicken coupons and rebates here.
6. Disney No-Bake Granola Treat Recipe
This Disney recipe is so easy the kids could do it! Add this five-ingredient Disney treat to your arsenal of no-bake cookie ideas. Normally it’s only available at Disney’s Contemporary Resort in California!
- 3 1/2 cups miniature marshmallows
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 3 tablespoons smooth peanut butter
- 1 1/2 cups granola
- 1/4 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- Melt marshmallows and butter in medium saucepan over low heat.
- Add peanut butter, stir to combine then remove from heat and stir in granola.
- Spoon mixture into 8×8-inch baking dish. Lightly press mixture into pan.
- Sprinkle top of mixture with chocolate chips, lightly pressing the chocolate chips into mixture.
- Set aside at room temperature to cool for 30 minutes. Cut into 12 pieces.
7. Disney PB & J Rolls Recipe
Add a little fun to your children’s peanut butter and jelly sandwiches with PB&J Rolls usually only available at the Lamplight Lounge inside Disney’s California Adventure Park. Plus, it’s just three ingredients!
- 8 slices wheat bread
- 3/4 cup creamy peanut butter, divided
- 3/4 cup strawberry or grape jelly (buy the squeezable version to make this super easy)
- Cut crusts off the bread. Flatten bread with rolling pin until it becomes doughy enough to seal when pinched.
- Spread 1 1/2 tablespoons of peanut butter evenly on each slice of flattened bread, leaving small border on all sides. (The peanut butter will spread as you roll.)
- Starting with longest side of bread, gently roll each bread slice into a spiral.
- Cut each roll into 4 even pieces.
- Place 8 pieces of rollups onto each plate, seam-side down.
- Gently squeeze your jelly to drizzle it over each peanut butter roll with a zigzag motion.
Get bread coupons here.
8. Mickey-Mouse Shaped Beignets Recipe
For this recipe, you may spend your budget getting a Mickey Mouse cookie cutter, or don’t bother with that if you need your $10 budget for the other ingredients. Any cookie cutter works for this treat available in New Orleans Square.
- 1/2 teaspoon dry yeast
- 1/4 cup warm water (105°)
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons vegetable shortening
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1 egg
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup boiling water
- Vegetable oil for frying
- Powdered sugar
- Sprinkle yeast over warm water in a small bowl, stirring to dissolve. Let stand for 5 minutes.
- Combine sugar, shortening, salt, heavy cream, egg, flour, and boiling water in a large bowl; stir in yeast mixture.
- Use the dough hook attachment on your electric mixer and mix the dough on medium speed, just until combined and smooth. Let dough rest for 30 minutes.
- Roll to 1/4-inch thickness and cut individual beignets with a Mickey Mouse-shaped cutter or cut into 2 1/2- to 3-inch squares. Cover with a towel and let dough rise until doubled in size, about 1 to 1 1/2 hours.
- Using caution, heat 3 inches of vegetable oil to 350°F in a deep, heavy pot over medium-high heat. Fry beignets until golden brown, about 2 to 3 minutes, turning as soon as they brown on one side. Remove with tongs and place on paper towels to drain. Dust warm beignets with powdered sugar and serve immediately.
Don’t have a mixer? See these KitchenAid mixer deals.
9. Disney Halloween Pumpkin Pancakes Recipe
Bring a little Disney Halloween home with this fall-inspired recipe! As long as you have the spices in your pantry, this one may not cost you a thing!
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/3 cup canned pumpkin
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- Combine milk, egg, melted butter, pumpkin, and vanilla extract in small bowl. Set aside.
- Whisk flour, sugar, baking powder, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, salt, and cloves in medium bowl. Fold wet ingredients into flour mixture.
- Heat lightly-oiled large skillet or griddle over medium heat until hot. Add 1/4 cup scoops of pancake batter onto griddle. Cook for 3 minutes on each side or until golden brown.
Get milk coupons here.
10. Disney Fried Pickles Recipe
Fried pickles from Carnation Cafe in Disneyland? Heck yeah. If you want to skip the oil, try this Disney recipe in your air fryer!
- 2 cups canola oil
- 1/2 cup flour
- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup panko bread crumbs
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 16-ounce jar of dill pickle spears, about 12 pickles (should be uniform in size; cut in half widthwise, if necessary)
Zesty House Sauce Ingredients:
- 1 1/2 teaspoons favorite Sriracha sauce
- 1/2 cup favorite ranch dressing
- 1 1/2 teaspoons lime juice
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1/8 teaspoon coarse salt
- 1 pinch freshly ground black pepper
Combine all the sauce ingredients and refrigerate to chill.
- Pour oil into large skillet and heat to 365°F.
- Place flour in shallow dish.
- Whisk eggs until smooth in small mixing bowl. Transfer to another shallow dish.
- Mix panko and parmesan cheese together in another shallow dish.
- Lightly dredge each pickle spear in flour.
- Add pickle to whisked eggs, tossing gently to coat.
- Add pickle to bread crumb mixture to coat.
- Place breaded pickle on tray and repeat steps until all pickles are breaded.
- Carefully place breaded pickles in skillet and fry until golden brown, 4 to 5 minutes, turning occasionally. Remove from skillet and drain on paper towels. Serve immediately with zesty house sauce.
See these air fryer deals if you don’t already have one.
Other Disney parks food and recipes
There are plenty of Disney food copycat recipes out there. Here are some good ones:
- Fresh Fruit Nutella Waffle (Sleepy Hollow, Magic Kingdom)
- Bacon Mac & Cheese Cone (Cozy Cone, California Adventure)
- The Grey Stuff (Be Our Guest, Magic Kingdom)
- Macaroni & Cheese Hot Dog (Casey’s Corner, Magic Kingdom)
- Coconut Matterhorn Macaroon (Jolly Holiday Bakery, Disneyland)
UP NEXT: The Best Disney Deals Available Now