We're reader-supported and only partner with brands we trust. When you buy through links on our site we may receive a small commission at no extra cost to you. Learn More. Product prices and availability are accurate as of the date and time indicated and are subject to change.
Aldi offers all sorts of products at low prices, but since more than 90% of the store is stocked with Aldi’s own brands, it can feel like a bit of a mystery to know exactly what’s worth buying. To find out the best Aldi products, we went straight to the source: Aldi’s die-hard fans.
The products on this list were named by actual Aldi shoppers as the best things to buy in 2023, and all have earned top honors in various categories. Aldi has awarded these “Fan Favorites” honors to various products ever since 2019. And it’s become sort of an annual tradition to look forward to the new list.
Remember — even if you’re the pickiest of eaters, you can try out new Aldi products and return anything you’re not 100% happy with. This is thanks to the generous Aldi Return Policy. With their “Twice as Nice” guarantee, they’ll replace any item or give you a full refund. No questions asked.
Let’s take a look at these best Aldi products of 2023. I’ve even included some price comparisons to Walmart, so you can see how they stack up.
Download The Krazy Coupon Lady app or text HACKS to 57299 for more money-saving tips, deals, and coupons.
Best Aldi Products, According to the 2023 Fan Favorites List
Best Dairy Products Under $6:
- Friendly Farms Cottage Cheese: TikTok made it famous, and it’s available year-round. This fridge staple is both affordable and tasty. The Aldi brand is $2.65 for a 24-oz container, which is pretty similar to the price at Walmart: $2.58 for the 24-oz Great Value Cottage Cheese.
- Friendly Farms Low Sugar Greek Yogurt: Awarded the “Rookie of the Year” award, this low-sugar Greek yogurt is a hit for healthy eaters, with only 2 grams of sugar per serving. You get a 32-oz container for $5.65 (or $0.18 per ounce). A comparable yogurt would be the Two Good brand, which Walmart only sells in an individual serving of 5.3 oz at $1.28, making it $0.24 per ounce.
- Happy Farms String Cheese: Great for snacks and packed lunches, this string cheese is a crowd-pleaser. The 12-pack of cheese sticks is $2.85. A 12-pack from Walmart will cost you $2.84, so the price is pretty comparable.
- Emporium Selection Fresh Mozzarella: This fresh mozzarella is a budget-friendly choice for your next caprese salad. Aldi sells a fresh mozzarella ball and fresh mozzarella pre-sliced log for $3.65 — both weighing in at 8 oz. By comparison, Walmart sells an 8-oz sliced log for $3.94.
Best Fresh Foods:
- Avocados: Named the “Cream of the Crop” by fans, Aldi’s avocados are consistently fresh. Aldi offers individual large avocados for $1.05 and a bag of six mini avocados for $4.39.
- Kirkwood Fresh Chicken: This high-quality chicken comes at a price that’s hard to beat. You can get Aldi’s skinless chicken thighs for $2.99 per pound. At Walmart, a similar-sized package is $3.48 per pound.
Best Grab-and-Go Finds:
- Mama Cozzi’s Pizza Kitchen Take and Bake Deli Pizza: This take-and-bake pizza is a quick dinner solution, available in cheese, pepperoni, mega meat, and supreme flavors. The 16-inch pizzas range in price from $6.95 to $8.79. We’ve seen this exact pizza appear on the Fan Favorite list every year since the survey began in 2019.
- Clancy’s Kettle Chips: A bag of these chips costs $2.15, which is $1.33 cheaper than Lay’s Kettle Cooked chips at Walmart (reg. $3.48).
Best Seafood Items:
- Fresh Atlantic Salmon with Mediterranean Herb: Priced at $10.99 per pound, this pre-seasoned salmon is only $0.58 more per pound than the unseasoned Fresh Atlantic Salmon at Walmart (reg. $10.48 per pound).
Best Pantry & Fridge Items:
- Simply Nature Avocado Oil: The 17-oz bottle of this pantry staple costs $6.85, which is cheaper than Walmart’s BetterBody Foods Pure Avocado Oil (16.9 oz for $8.24).
- Specially Selected Ice Cream: Voted as some of the absolute best Aldi products, you can get a 48-oz container (available in either chocolate or vanilla) for just $6.59. And with only five total ingredients, you don’t have to worry about all the usual additives.
- Specially Selected Vinaigrette Dressings: The four flavors that were selected as fan favorites include the Greek Vinaigrette Dressing, Three Cheese Vinaigrette Dressing, House Vinaigrette Dressing, and Roasted Garlic Balsamic Vinaigrette Dressing.
- Belletti Sparkling Moscato Rose: With notes of sweet strawberries and bright cherries, the 750 mL bottle costs $8.89. Walmart sells a similar 750mL bottle of Roscato Rose Dolce for $11.48.
Note: Prices and availability can vary depending on where you live. Always check your local store for the most accurate pricing.
Aldi runs a survey every year to determine the top products loved by shoppers.
Ever since 2019, Aldi has surveyed their shoppers to find out the top fan favorites for that year. We often see certain items pop up on the list year after year (like Mama Cozzi’s Pizza Kitchen Take and Bake Deli Pizza), but others are completely new. Once an item makes the cut for the Fan Favorites list, it gets a special designation (a heart-shaped sticker) on its tag.
TIP: If you order Aldi groceries delivery via DoorDash, add three or more of the 2023 Fan Favorite items to your cart and get a $10 discount on your order.
Look for the “Aldi Fan Favorites 2023” seal in the weekly ad and in the store.
Aldi makes shopping for these fan favorites super easy. Just look for the heart-shaped sticker in the store and in the Aldi Weekly Ad. Next time you’re in the store, make sure to check out these fan favorites — they just might become your favorites, too!