We're reader-supported and only partner with brands we trust. When you buy through links on our site we may receive a small commission at no extra cost to you. Learn More. Product prices and availability are accurate as of the date and time indicated and are subject to change.
Whether you’re hungry for Costco pizza, churros, Costco hot dogs, or whatever else you love on the Costco food court menu, you’re probably asking: Is it still a good deal?
The Costco food court recently made headlines as they hiked up prices on some menu items. So now what? You can often get the best deals at Costco, but one of the biggest money-saving spots in the store is STILL the Costco food court.
Do you even need a Costco membership for the food court? Can you now order the Costco chicken sandwich? You’ve got questions, and we’ve got the answers that’ll save you money.
But before you check out the best Costco food court tip, make sure to check out our Costco coupons & deals, every tip you need to know before shopping at Costco, and the most up-to-date Costco coupon book to save the most at Costco.
1. Costco food court menu prices just went up — but the average cost per item is still less than $3.
But really. There are 16 items on the Costco food court menu, putting the average price of items at $2.87! That’s INSANE.
Some Costco menu prices increased in July 2022, including the 20-oz fountain drink (up $0.10), and the chicken bake (up $1.00, more on that later). Here’s the Costco food court menu prices as of 2022:
- All Beef Hot Dog w/20-oz Soda: $1.50
- Chicken Bake: $3.99
- Slice of Pizza: $1.99
- Whole Pizza: $9.95
- Hot Turkey and Provolone Sandwich: $3.99
- BBQ Beef Brisket Sandwich: $4.99
- Chicken Caesar Salad: $3.99
- 20-oz Soda: $0.69
- Berry Smoothie: $1.45
- Latte/Mocha Freeze: $1.45
- 3 Scoops of Ice Cream Served in a Waffle Cone: $1.50
- Hand Packed Quart of Ice Cream To Go: $4.99
- Very Berry Sundae: $1.65
- Nonfat Yogurt: $1.35
- Twisted Churro: $1.00
- Hand-Dipped Ice Cream Bar: $1.50
2. Get a Costco Shop Card to order at the Costco food court without a membership.
Can you go to the Costco food court without a membership? Technically, no. Although every Costco food court is members-only by rule, there’s a workaround: You can always enter Costco if you have a Costco Shop Card gift card — which works all over the store (including the Costco food court).
In order to get a Costco Shop Card gift card, someone with an active membership has to buy it for you — but I always offer them a slice of Costco pizza for their trouble. This is just one of the ways to shop at Costco without a membership.
TIP: We’ve heard that some outdoor Costco food courts don’t actively enforce the rule that you need to be a Costco member to dine there, but your mileage may vary depending on your Costco location.
3. The Costco hot dog price ($1.50) hasn’t changed since 1984.
The Costco food court is by far the best place to get a hot dog because the Costco hot dog has always been (and will forever be) $1.50 — their price since 1984.
That’s a 6-inch hot dog and 20 oz. drink for only $1.50. One of the best deals on hot dogs. Heck, for a 20-oz drink alone, too.
4. At $9.99, the Costco pizza price is 41% cheaper than Dominos.
An 18″ Costco pizza is going to cost you $9.99 for either cheese or pepperoni, which is cheaper (and larger) than most pizza chain options:
- Papa John’s 14″ Pizza: $17.10 — 41.6% more expensive
- Domino’s 16″ Pizza: $15.99 — 37.5% more expensive
- Pizza Hut 14″ Pizza: $15.49 — 35.5% more expensive
TIP: If you’re interested in saving money at Domino’s, we’ve got a bunch of tips.
5. The Costco Chicken Bake price just went up — but you can save 41% when you buy a frozen Chicken Bake.
Did you know you could buy the Costco Chicken Bake in the frozen section of Costco? A box of six Costco Chicken Bakes will cost you $13.99 or $2.33/chicken bake.
With the recent price increase of the Chicken Bake at the food court — from $2.99 to $3.99 — you’d be saving 41.6% just for making your chicken bakes at home.
TIP: If you aren’t satisfied with your Costco Chicken Bake purchase, you can always return them using the generous Costco return policy.
6. The recipe for Costco churros changed in 2021.
Around the same time they took the Costco combo pizza off the menu, they also changed the Costco churros recipe. Getting Costco churros will still cost you $1.49 per churro, but they are thinner, drier, and less crispy when compared to their former counterpart.
Unfortunately for classic Costco churros fans, it doesn’t look like they are going to go back to the original recipe anytime soon.
7. You can’t get a Costco combo pizza anymore — here’s how you make it.
In 2021, Costco discontinued the Costco combo pizza. There were several petitions to bring back this iconic menu item, but it doesn’t look like it’s going to come back any time soon.
Of course, if you have a real craving for a Costco combo pizza, you can get all the ingredients from Costco and recreate the combo pizza at home. All you need to do is order a pepperoni pizza (reg. $9.99) and add these ingredients (Note: prices are regional):
8. Get free food when you work at the food court.
Unfortunately, there is no employee discount from the Costco food court if you are a general Costco employee, but if you work at the food court specifically, you’ll get access to free food, like pizza, hot dogs, and chicken bakes, on your breaks and after work. Free food might vary depending on your Costco managers.
TIP: Unfortunately, there are no senior, student, teacher, or military discounts, but we know all the best senior discounts, student discounts, teacher discounts, and military discounts you can get elsewhere with your ID.
9. Costco smoothies and Costco ice cream sundaes are cheaper than McDonald’s.
When you order a smoothie or sundae, you know you’re getting a pretty killer price. A Costco smoothie will cost you $2.99, while the same smoothie will cost you $3.89 at McDonald’s — a 23.1% difference.
Same goes for a Costco ice cream sundae: it costs $2.49 at Costco, while McDonald’s is going to cost $2.59 — a 3.9% difference for about half the sundae.
- Costco Smoothie, 16 oz: $2.99 (vs. McD $3.89 for 16 oz)
- Costco Ice Cream Sundae, 12.3 oz: $2.49 (vs. McD $2.59 for 6.314 oz)
10. Look out for regional Costco food court menu items — like the Costco chicken sandwich.
There are Costco locations all over the world, and while a majority of their menu items remain the same, each includes a few items that you won’t find anywhere else:
- Canada: Poutine, Costco Chicken Sandwich
- Mexico: Pina Colada Smoothie, Pizza Al Pastor
- UK: Cottage Pies
- France: Croissants, Chicken Tenders & Fries
- Spain: Spanish Rice, Bocadillo
- Korea: Teriyaki, Nasi Goreng
- Australia: Meat Pies
- Japan: Bulgogi Bakes
- Taiwan: Clam Chowder, Bulgogi Bakes, Mango Shaved Ice, Seafood or Corn Pizza
11. Make a Costco chicken sandwich at home using ingredients you can find at Costco.
But if you were looking forward to having a Costco chicken sandwich, you can grab all the ingredients at your local Costco to make your own version. You should be able to make around eight sandwiches depending on how many buns are in your bundle.
Here’s what you need to make your own Costco chicken sandwich:
- Cheese Buns (reg. $8.99). Can only be found at the in-store Costco bakery.
- Mayo (reg. $6.49) + Sriracha (reg. $5.99)
- Breaded Chicken (reg. $24.99)
Each sandwich will cost you around $2.23, which is quite a bit cheaper than the $4.99 food court Costco chicken sandwich.
Of course, if you don’t have a Costco membership, you can make a Costco chicken sandwich at home with these retailers that’ll give Costco prices.
12. The Costco food court hours are the same as regular Costco hours.
The Costco food court hours are the same as regular Costco hours: 10 a.m. to 8:30 p.m. That means you can get your Costco hot dog or pizza any time during store hours.
13. There is no delivery from the Costco food court.
Does the Costco food court deliver? No. Unfortunately, if you’re craving a slice of Costco pizza or a fresh Costco chicken bake, you’re going to have to go to the Costco food court for takeout.
If you want all the details on Costco delivery, we’ve got you covered.
14. You won’t be able to call ahead for a pick-up order at the Costco food court anymore.
In the past (before 2020), you used to be able to skip the line at the food court if you called ahead.
However, this has now changed, so if you want that Costco pizza or hot dog, you’re going to have to wait in line inside Costco.
15. The Costco food court menu makes additions and subtractions periodically to test out different items.
Every so often, the Costco food court menu changes to test out new food. They’ve had brisket sandwiches, turkey wraps, and new bakes, and we can expect more additions in the future.