I love shopping at LOFT, but I’ll admit it can get a little pricey.
I’ve assembled all my best tips for how to save when you shop at LOFT.
1. Shop during the LOFT Cash Card event to get $25 for every $50 spent.
This event only happens a few times a year, but when it does, JUMP ON IT. After the earning period, there are a couple weeks when you can spend that store cash on any purchases over $50.
2. Markdowns usually happen on Mondays.
Shop as close to Monday as you can at LOFT to find the best selection of discounted items — before everyone else weeds through them.
3. Prices marked ending in .88 are final sale.
They also usually have “final sale” printed on the white sticker. If it ends in .99, it still has time to be reduced in price but may not last that long. If there are only a few left, grab one.
4. Save up to 25% on LOFT gift cards on Gift Card Granny and Raise.
You can also use Ann Taylor gift cards at the LOFT, as well as at Ann Taylor Factory and the LOFT Outlet.
5. Sign up for Paribus to catch price drops.
LOFT allows for price adjustments up to 7 days after your purchase. Use Paribus to keep tabs on prices through your email and let it do the heavy work to get you a refund if the app detects a price drop.
Paribus compensates us when you sign up for Paribus using the links we provided.
6. Wait for at least 40% off items before purchasing — NEVER pay full price.
Avoid buying anything new if they are asking full retail price. There’s a pretty good chance that within two or three weeks LOFT will put it on sale — and they frequently have 40% off sales.
7. Sign up for the credit card if you are a diehard LOFT enthusiast.
LOFT offers a bunch of perks if you have one of their LOVELOFT credit cards. Perks include:
- 15% off every first Tuesday of the month
- $15 off one purchase during your birthday month
- 5 rewards points for every $1 spent in Ann Inc.
- $20 rewards card for every 2,000 points earned
The LOVELOFT MasterCard is basically the same except you also get 2 points on gas or grocery purchases and 1 point everywhere MasterCard is accepted.
TIP: Cashiers usually have coupons stashed away for credit cardholders at the register, so don’t be afraid to ask! But be nice — they don’t HAVE to tell you about the discount.
8. Get 15% off anytime with a student, teacher or military ID (in store).
In order to use this discount, you must present a military ID, so, unfortunately, it’s not going to do you any good if you’re shopping online.
9. Shop in store and avoid paying for shipping.
Unless you’re planning on spending over $125 — which is what it takes to get free shipping — you’ll pay at least $8.95 in fees.
If you find an item at the store, but they don’t have your size or the right color, you can have them ship it to you at no cost.
TIP: You can ship in your returns with a prepaid shipping label on the website.
10. If you can’t find an item in your size or color in store, have it shipped to you for free.
If they don’t have your size in an item, you can order it from the store to be shipped to you without paying shipping, and you are able to use the in-store coupons.
11. Shop at LOFT for petite or tall sizes.
LOFT has a wide range of clothing in sizes for those who have a hard time finding clothes that fit and allows you to bypass the expense and time of taking it to a tailor.
12. Download the app ONLY if you have a LOFT Credit Card.
The Love LOFT app doesn’t have anything more to it but the website UNLESS you have their Love LOFT card or Love Loft Mastercard.
If you do have one of their cards, it may be worth the download. The app allows you to check and redeem rewards as well as pay your bill and check your purchases.
13. Receive discounts and a special offer when you sign up for their email.
The LOFT offers a discount of $25 off a purchase of $100 or more when you first sign up for their emails.
That’s a sizable coupon. Plus, they’ll keep you in the know on sales.
You can also get the $25 off $100 coupon by signing up for text alerts.
14. LOFT employees get 50% off full-priced items.
If you’re an avid LOFT shopper, it may be worth picking up a part-time gig.
15. Stack coupons on top of storewide sales.
Even if the coupon states it will only work on a full-priced item, it will work if there is a storewide sale like 40% off everything.
They won’t, however, work on clearance or previously reduced items.
TIP: If you aren’t sure which coupons will work, bring all your coupons with you to the register, and let the cashier show you the ones that will work.
16. Shop on ThredUp to get up to 80% off original LOFT prices.
If you want to skip shopping in store and refuse to pay for shipping, a great place to find clothes from the LOFT is on ThredUp. It’s technically a second-hand store, but you can filter listings by items that still have original price tags attached.
I found a blazer for $25.99 (reg. $128) — plus, customers save 20% on their first order.
17. Shop the clearance rack when you can find up to 70% off.
When I first get to LOFT, I head straight to the clearance rack. And if I’m lucky, they’ll have an extra percent off their clearance such as an extra 50% off.
18. Don’t expect to use Ann Taylor coupons at LOFT.
Although they are sister stores, they both have their own coupons which are only usable at the store indicated for that specific deal.
19. Use the Honey extension to find any available coupons for online purchases and earn up to 5% cash back.
Even without an account, you can use Honey to search for any coupons, and they will test them out on your LOFT online purchase.
If you do have an account on Honey, you can get between 1-5% cash back on your order.
20. LOFT will not price match its own online prices.
But you’ll probably find better sales in store anyway, so it’s not too much of a bummer.