We're reader-supported and only partner with brands we trust. When you buy through links on our site we may receive a small commission at no extra cost to you. Learn More. Product prices and availability are accurate as of the date and time indicated and are subject to change.
Teachers, back-to-school deals aren’t just for your students and their parents. As a “thank you” for everything you do to help kids learn and grow, year in and year out, I’ve put together this list of ways for you to save on everything from classroom supplies to clothing to travel.
And when you’re done reading this list, you’re gonna be feeling the love from these 26 retailers too!
Download the KCL app for money-saving deals, tips, and coupons.
Wanna text? I’ll send you a couple of the hottest deals each day — just send me a text at (208) 266-4466.
1. Barnes & Noble’s Educator Program gives you 20% off all purchases. That’s 20% off all purchases for classroom use and up to 25% off during Educator Appreciation Days.
2. JoAnn Fabrics Teacher Rewards Program offers 15% off every purchase, every day. Start using your discount once you sign up.
4. Office Depot & OfficeMax offers 25% back in rewards on select purchases.
5. Staples’ Teacher Rewards Program allows shoppers to give 5% of their rewards check to teachers of their choosing. As a teacher, simply enroll so parents can find and select you.
6. Ann Taylor and LOFT want to give you 15% off everything. Love the LOFT? Well, the LOFT loves you. Use your discount at LOFT and Ann Taylor stores.
7. Banana Republic offers 15% off full-priced items. Make sure you bring your teacher ID into Banana Republic, because you’ll get 15% off every full-price purchase.
8. J.Crew gives you 15% off everything when you shop online. Verify your eligibility and shop away.
9. Eddie Bauer offers 10% off all full-priced items. If your style is a bit more casual and practical, Eddie Bauer has you covered. Like other retailers, the discount isn’t applicable online. But in stores, show your teacher ID to get that extra 10% lopped off your total.
10. Talbots offers you 15% off all full-priced items. The discount is for in-store purchases only. Flash that teacher ID, and you’ll get your Talbots discount.
11. Microsoft offers 10% off Surface devices and free upgrades. Get 10% off Surface devices and a free download of Office 365 Education.
12. AT&T Signature Program offers a special discount to eligible customers based on their employer, school, or organization. Ask your local AT&T store if they offer discounts, because it varies by store and location. I found the savings average about 15%.
13. Sprint Perks offers eligible customers a discount. Ask your store about their educator discount, but note it varies by state. Fingers crossed the discount applies in your state!
14. T-Mobile’s Work Perks Program offers a discount to employees from eligible schools. Dude. Extra money off stuff you’re already buying? Amazing.
15. Verizon offers an educators’ discount. Not to be outdone by Sprint and T-Mobile, Verizon wants to give you a break on your monthly bill too. To find out what kind of discount you’re eligible for, verify your eligibility through Verizon’s partner ID.me.
16. Apple offers a whole array of teacher discounts throughout the year. You can find educational pricing on Macs, iPads, and other accessories through the Apple Education Store. Unfortunately, there’s no educator discount for the iPhone.
17. Bose offers a special educators’ discount for purchases of $199+. In the market for new speakers or headphones? Use your discount to shop Bose’s high quality items. Place items in your cart, then verify your eligibility through ID.me.; the discount will automatically be applied.
18. Adobe offers 60% off their Creative Cloud All Apps subscription. Enjoy 20+ desktop and mobile apps like Photoshop, Illustrator, Acrobat Pro, and more.
20. Marriott Bonvoy Gaylord Hotels offer special teacher room rates. Next time you’re traveling, check out one of the following Gaylord hotels:
- Gaylord National in the Washington, D.C. area
- Gaylord Opryland in Nashville, TN
- Gaylord Rockies in the Denver, CO area
- Gaylord Palms in the Orlando/Kissimmee area
- Gaylord Texan in the Dallas/Ft. Worth area
21. Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin Hotels gives you up to 25% off room rates. Every teacher needs a vacation, right?! If your destination is Disney World in Orlando, save at the Swan and Dolphin Hotels. When you’re booking a room via phone (888) 828-8850, be sure to mention the promotional code TEACHERS RATE. When booking online make sure the promo code ZTC shows up in the Corporate/Promo code box.
22. The National Park Service wants to give you 15% off nearly everything. And by everything I mean classroom materials, distance learning for you, and anything else at over 160 Eastern National Park stores or online at ShopANP.org.
23. The New York Times offers you up to 50% off subscriptions. This is a great deal! Give your students the tools to stay up to date on current events for $1.88 a week (billed $7.50 every four weeks).
24. The Wall Street Journal offers special professor subscriptions. As an educator, you can get digital for $48 a year or full print and online access for $170 a year.
25. Farmers Insurance offers a teacher’s discount. Where you live and the type of coverage you get will determine the amount. Contact your local agent for more details.
26. Liberty Mutual gives you discounts that vary by location. Get special coverage on car insurance at no additional cost to you. Call your agent to find out what’s offered in your state. Keep in mind, your discount also depends on your driving record.
Thank you for investing in children, teachers! Here’s to another amazing school year.