The Old Navy Black Friday sale (or “Big Friday” as they call it) is legendary. And I’ve got some of my best Black Friday shopping tips that’ll please the people on your Christmas list while you save up to 70%. First of all, the entire site is 50% off, but you’ll have to head in store for the $5 pajamas pants deal.
Typically Old Navy runs their Black Friday sale both in store and online from Friday, Nov. 24 through Monday, Nov. 27. However, this year the 50% off storewide is an online exclusive. Peppered throughout the weekend there are in-store only deals like $2 cozy socks and $9 kids jeans.
Whether you’re looking for matching jingle jams for the fam, gifts for your friends, or new workout gear, I’ve got the Old Navy Black Friday tips you need to save big.
Old Navy Black Friday Deals
Nov. 24 (Black Friday) In Store Only: $5 Pajama Pants
1. When will the Old Navy Black Friday 2023 ad drop?
Old Navy didn’t really will share their Black Friday ad the same day their deals drop, on Friday, November 24. The ad will likely feature daily deals and up to 60% off.
2. What time do Old Navy stores open on Black Friday?
Depending on local time, Old Navy’s Black Friday hours are generally from 5 a.m. or 6 a.m. until 11 p.m..
Is Old Navy open on Thanksgiving?
Short answer, no. Old Navy will be closed on Thanksgiving. Some Old Navy stores may be open at 3 p.m. on Thanksgiving. Either way, you can still shop for Black Friday deals online on Thanksgiving day.
3. What kind of deals can you expect during the Old Navy Black Friday 2023 sale?
There are unreal deals. For Black Friday 2023, Old Navy offered 50% off their entire site on Nov. 24. Plus there is the one-day-only Black Friday deal on pajama pants for the fam — only $5! But you have to head in store for that.
4. When do the Old Navy Black Friday 2023 sales start?
Traditionally Old Navy shoppers get to enjoy 50% off deals online and in stores on Black Friday. This year we saw 50% off the entire site as an online exclusive on both Thanksgiving and Black Friday.
5. Absolutely buy your Old Navy pajamas on Black Friday.
On Black Friday, you get the chance to buy old Navy PJ pants for the family for $5 (one-day-only-deal). You can also buy pajama tops and other matching sets for 60% off during their Black Friday sale.
6. Save 50% – 70% on an Old Navy puffer jacket for everyone in your family during Black Friday and Cyber Weekend.
I love the coat deals I see at Old Navy on Black Friday and Cyber Monday, both online and in store. During Black Friday you could get kids puffer coats as low as $21.99, but we also saw early deals on puffer vests for 60% off.
7. Buy a discounted Old Navy gift card on Raise.com to save up to 15%.
8. Join Navyist, the Old Navy rewards program, for free shipping on orders of $50 or more.
Join the Old Navy rewards program, Navyist, and you can get free shipping on orders of $50 or more, while non-members pay $7.
9. Enjoy a 45-day window for Old Navy returns when you shop from Nov. 1 through Dec. 24.
Old Navy has a nifty little holiday return policy that you should be aware of:
- If you buy any item between Nov. 1 and Dec. 24, you can return it by Jan. 15, or 45 days after your purchase — whichever is later.
- If you’re returning an online item through the mail, know that Old Navy has to get it by Jan. 15, or 45 days after purchase — whichever is later.
Keep in mind that it’ll take at least five to seven days for your items to reach them via mail.
10. Sign up for the Old Navy credit card to get free shipping and early access to Big Friday (and cozy socks).
During Black Friday and Old Navy Cyber Monday, you’ll likely see free shipping for all Old Navy credit card holders with no minimum spend amount (usually, you have to meet the same $50+ threshold as non-credit cardholders).
TIP: If you want to apply for the Old Navy credit card, do so at least two weeks before Black Friday to avoid any confusion or delays on the day you want to shop. And, remember to pay it off every month, because the interest rate is a whopping 26.74%.
11. What kind of deals can you expect during Cyber Weekend?
Old Navy excludes their clearance items from any percent-off promotions during Black Friday. BUT, for Cyber Monday, you get 50% off clearance items.
TIP: Old Navy doesn’t offer Black Friday percent-off promotions for gift cards, register-lane items, jewelry, and today-only deals.
12. Plan to get your fuzzy Old Navy socks for $1 when you shop in store.
In past years, Old Navy started their Cozy Sock Sale on the Wednesday before Thanksgiving and extended it until the Sunday after Black Friday.
The limit is typically 10 pairs per customer. Unfortunately, you have to buy your Old Navy cozy socks in store, so prepare for Black Friday crowds.
TIP: If you can hold off on buying your cozy Old Navy socks and you’re not picky about their design, you may be able to pick them up for around $0.47 a pair during Old Navy’s seasonal clearance sale in January.
13. Buy Old Navy beanie hats and mittens for cheap stocking stuffers.
In 2022, I saw pom-pom beanies and mitten sets drop to $7 or less. They make the perfect stocking stuffers. Here are a few deals that were available this past sale:
- Text-Friendly Performance Fleece Gloves, $4 (reg. $9.99)
- Rib-Knit Beanie Hat for Adults, $5.20 (reg. $12.99)
- Fair Isle Pom-Pom Beanie Hat, $6 (reg. $14.99)
14. Skip the Old Navy shipping charge when you buy online and pick up in the store.
Before you add an item to your bag, make sure you’ve checked the “Pickup — FREE” button on the same page.
You’ll get an email when your items are ready, and you’ll have up to five days to pick up your items, so you can skip all the Black Friday madness.
If you shop in store and need something in a different size or color than is available, get it shipped to your home for free by ordering it through an Old Navy team member.
15. Forget stacking Old Navy coupons during Black Friday sales.
However, there is one exception, and that’s the $5 in-store credit you’ll get for every $100 you spend when you’re an Old Navy credit card holder. That credit will come during the billing cycle after you’ve made your purchase, though, so if you want that credit in time for Black Friday, you’ll need to earn the points in October.
16. Save 40% – 70% during the Old Navy pre-Black Friday sales
Old Navy’s famed “Pre-Big Friday Sale” is expected to start on Nov. 16 and ran through Nov. 21, 2022. Last year I found a long-sleeve plaid flannel boyfriend tunic shirt for $12 (reg. $39.99) — a total savings of 70%!
As always, Rewards Members got free shipping for orders over $50, and store pickup is always an option!
17. Shop the Old Navy pre-Black Friday One-Day sales to save 50% — and skip Black Friday altogether.
Old Navy is popping in few One-Day 50% off sales ahead of Black Friday. At 50% off, I say jump on whatever items you can, because waiting for Black Friday to get the same discount seems pointless; things may be out of stock, and hello, Black Friday crowds.
TIP: If you find a lower price within 14 days of purchase, Old Navy will adjust the price for you, even during Black Friday.
18. Stock up on next year’s gifts during the huge Old Navy Clearance sale in January.
You can save even more during Old Navy’s Epic Clearance sale. Instead of 40% or 50% off during their Big Friday event, I’m talking 65% or more off all clearance items.
Got any Old Navy Big Friday shopping hacks you’d like to share? Please add your tips in the comments below!