We're reader-supported and only partner with brands we trust. When you buy through links on our site we may receive a small commission at no extra cost to you. Learn More. Product prices and availability are accurate as of the date and time indicated and are subject to change.
Taco Bell Mexican Pizza is a hot topic among the Taco Bell faithful, and it’s making news again.
First, Taco Bell removed the Mexican Pizza from the menu two years ago, and after 17 months of outcry, the fast-food giant reconsidered.
The Taco Bell Mexican Pizza return took place May 19, 2022, and the response was so big that the chain had a hard time keeping it in stock. They had to pull the menu item again so they could keep up with demand.
So… when is the Mexican Pizza coming back? Why is it gone? What are we supposed to do in the meantime (besides Taco Bell Happy Hour)?
Here’s what you need to know:
Does Taco Bell have Mexican Pizza?
Short answer — no. Fans of the Mexican Pizza saw it disappear in November 2020, only for it to come back in May 2022, until they ran out of it again two weeks later.
According to Taco Bell’s Twitter, the need for the pizzas was seven times higher than when it was on the menus two years ago, and they ran out of the supplies they needed.
When is the Mexican Pizza coming back?
Taco Bell is working with their vendors and suppliers to make sure this is the last time Mexican Pizza fans will lose the food from the menu.
Taco Bell estimates the pizza will be back in the fall, but they don’t have a set date for its return.
However, when it comes back, it will be permanently on the menu.
Can I still order Taco Bell Mexican Pizza from the menu?
Kind of. While the Mexican Pizza isn’t accessible on the menu while Taco Bell prepares for a smoother rollout, you can work the Taco Bell Secret Menu to tide you over.
First. . . order a Crunchwrap Supreme and:
- Ask for no lettuce, sour cream, and nacho cheese sauce.
- The Crunchwrap Supreme comes with beans or ground beef, so add both.
- Ask for an extra tostada on top of the beans and ground beef (not all locations will add it).
- Add red sauce, three cheese blend, and tomatoes on top.
It’s also cheaper; the Crunchwrap Supreme secret menu hack costs $3.69 — 22% cheaper than the $4.49 Mexican Pizza.
Don’t worry about having to spout this off in person, you can order this on the Taco Bell app.
TIP: Save money and learn more about our menu hacks by reading on our guide to hacks at Taco Bell.
Is there a Mexican Pizza Taco Bell recipe?
Yes. . . there are lots of them — how else have people survived the 17-month hiatus? You can make a Taco Bell Mexican Pizza at home — here’s one of the better recipes we’ve found:
- Cook ground beef and taco seasoning
- Lightly fry two corn tortillas
- Spread enchilada sauce on one tortilla, then put refried beans and ground beef on top of the enchilada sauce
- Layer cheese on top of the protein
- Put second tortilla on top of the protein and cheese layers
- Put enchilada sauce on top of the second tortilla
- Add cheese on top of enchilada sauce and sprinkle with tomatoes, green tomatoes, and sour cream
- Cut the Mexican Pizza dupe into fours