If you didn’t know, the selection of Trader Joe’s flowers is pretty amazing — seriously. I mean, they have everything from fresh-cut flowers to premade bouquets that can make the perfect gift for birthdays, Mother’s Day, or those just-because occasions. And if you’re a plant person like me, you’ll love their selection of potted plants, too. Pair a plant with a bottle of Trader Joe’s wine, and you have a thoughtful (and easy) last-minute gift!
Whether you’re looking to add a pop of color to your home or just want to bring some greenery into your life, I promise you won’t be disappointed with the Trader Joe’s flower selection. Plus, the prices are pretty sweet. And since it’s hard to resist the urge to fill your cart with more goodies, we can teach you how to save at Trader Joe’s, too.
Download the Krazy Coupon Lady app for more gift ideas, or text HACKS to 57299 so we can send you other money-saving tips, deals, and coupons.
1. Buy your tulips at Trader Joe’s for Mother’s Day and pay as low as $0.55 per stem.
While Trader Joe’s tulips aren’t the cheapest among all grocery stores, they are the second-place winner (with Aldi coming in first).
At Trader Joe’s, you can buy 10-stem tulips for $5.99 ($0.59 per stem) and 20-stem tulips for $10.99 ($0.55 per stem). The price per stem is slightly cheaper at Aldi, where you can buy 10-stem tulips for $4.99 ($0.49 per stem).
Related: We’ve rounded up the best deals on Mother’s Day flowers, from Aldi to Costco.
2. Pay just $0.83 per rose when you buy a dozen at Trader Joe’s.
At Trader Joe’s, a dozen roses will cost you $9.99, making it just $0.83 per rose.
3. Prices for other Trader Joe’s flowers start at just $3.99 — even for whole bouquets.
The cost of flowers at Trader Joe’s can vary depending on your location and the type of flowers you’re looking for. However, prices start as low as $3.99, which even includes some bouquets. Filler greenery also starts at $3.99.
Here are the prices for flowers at our store:
Flowers, $4.99 – $9.99
- Gerbera Daisies – $4.99
- Alstroemeria – $4.99
- Chrysanthemums – $4.99
- Big Bunch Carnations – $4.99
- Mini Dianthus – $4.99
- Calla Lily Bunch – $4.99
- Spray Roses – $5.99
- Hydrangeas, 3 Stem – $5.99 ($1.99 per stem)
- Oriental Lillies – $5.99
- Sunflowers – $5.99
- Shamrock Hydrangeas – $7.99
- Country Roses – $8.99
- One Dozen Roses – $9.99
TIP: Trader Joe’s price for a dozen roses is the same as what you’ll pay at Walmart ($0.83 per rose). But Costco is where you’ll find the absolute cheapest flowers — $18.99 for two dozen ($0.79 per rose).
Arrangements, $3.99 – $10.99
- Bouquets – Starting at $3.99
- 10 Stem Tulips – $5.99 ($0.59 per tulip)
- Orchids – Starting at $6.99
- Peony Tulips Bunch – $8.99
- 5-Stem Peonies – $9.99 ($2 per peony)
- 20-Stem Tulips – $10.99 ($0.55 per tulip)
Related: Our picks (and your votes) are in: here are the best things to buy at Trader Joe’s in 2023.
4. They sell individual stems, filler flowers, and bouquets year-round.
Trader Joe’s has an incredible selection of blooms and greenery all year round. You’ll find everything from mixed arrangements to individual stems, filler flowers, and even eucalyptus. They also carry seasonal bouquets and prearranged bouquets that are perfect for any occasion.
Here’s how the prices run for filler flowers:
Filler Flowers, $3.99 – $4.99
- Assorted Premium Filler Flowers – $3.99
- Baby’s Breath – $3.99
- St. John’s Wort – $3.99
- Craspedia – $3.99
- Mum Balls – $4.99
- Wax Flower – $4.99
- Chamomile Matriciara – $4.99
- Mini Dianthus – $4.99
Filler Greenery, $3.99
- Olive Branch – $3.99
- Lepidium – $3.99
- Veronica – $3.99
- Eucalyptus – $3.99
5. Traveling far with your flowers? Ask for a bucket.
If you have to drive for more than 20 minutes to get to Trader Joe’s or you have other errands to run after shopping there, here’s a tip. Ask for a bucket of water for your flowers when you’re at the cash register. Just keep in mind that a team member will need to grab the water from the back, which may take a couple of minutes.
6. You’ll get the best selection of Trader Joe’s flowers if you go as soon as they open.
If you’re a fan of fresh flowers from Trader Joe’s, you might be wondering when to go for the absolute best (and freshest) selection. Well, good news — they restock every day! To get the first pick of the blooms, it’s worth stopping by your local store right at opening time. Most stores open at 8 a.m.
Now, you might be curious about what happens to unsold flowers at the end of the day. Many of the unused bouquets and stems are actually picked up by local charity organizations who give them away to people who could really use a little pick-me-up. How awesome is that?!
7. Buy a mixture of flowers at TJ’s and make your own DIY arrangement.
Since Trader Joe’s offers so many flowers and greenery, you can create a nice DIY arrangement at home. It’s a great way to add some color and freshness to your space, and it’s not as hard as you might think.
Start by choosing a vase or container that complements the flowers you want to use. Then select a mix of different blooms, including some focal flowers and filler greenery. Next, trim the stems and arrange the flowers in your vase, starting with the focal flowers and adding the filler greenery to create a balanced look. Remember to change the water every few days to help the flowers last longer. Don’t be afraid to experiment and have fun with it — there’s no wrong way to make a floral arrangement!
Remember, practice makes perfect, so don’t be afraid to experiment and try different arrangements until you find the one that works for your taste.
Tips for making floral arrangements at home:
- Choose the right vase: The right vase will help showcase your flowers and create a beautiful arrangement. Choose a vase that’s the right size and shape for your flowers.
- Pick the right flowers: Choose flowers that complement each other in color, shape, and texture. It’s a good idea to choose a variety of flowers to create depth and interest.
- Trim the stems: Before arranging your flowers, trim the stems at an angle. This helps them absorb more water and keeps your arrangement looking fresh.
- Use floral foam: To help keep your flowers in place, you can use floral foam. Soak the foam in water before using it and make sure to secure it in your vase.
- Start with the focal point: When creating your arrangement, start with your focal point flower and build around it. This will help create a cohesive and balanced arrangement.
- Add greenery: This will help fill any gaps and add a natural look.
- Add the finishing touches: Once you have your flowers arranged, add any finishing touches like ribbons, berries, or other decorations.