Coupons, free birthday gifts, rewards programs and freebies? Ulta — you are my spirit animal.
Start shopping smarter and saving money at Ulta like, now.
1. Sign up for Ultamate Rewards.
If you haven’t signed up for Ulta’s Ultamate Rewards program, you’re doing it all wrong.
Sign up to become a member (it’s free!), and receive a $3.50 off any $15 purchase coupon in the mail every two weeks.
Hit a certain spending threshold and be upgraded to Platinum ($450/year) or Diamond status ($1,200/year).
- Member: Earn one point per dollar, a free birthday gift, and 2X points during your birthday month. Points expire in one year,
- Platinum: Earn 1.25 points per dollar, a free birthday gift, 2X points during your birthday month, and a $10 birthday coupon. Points never expire.
- Diamond: Earn 1.5 points per dollar, a free birthday gift, 2X points during your birthday month, and a $10 birthday coupon. Points never expire, plus free shipping on orders of $25 or more and an annual $25 beauty services reward card.
2. Then, score up to $125 in free products.
Okay, this is truly an art, so pay attention:
First, sign up for Ultamate Rewards during your birthday month. You’ll earn 2x the points on every purchase during your first month as a member and an extra 2x the points because it’s your birthday month.
Then, spend enough money within your birthday month to get to Platinum status, which helps you earn points even quicker. Don’t forget to hit up the Ulta salon four times a year when there’s a promo to earn 3x-5x the points on every salon visit. Along with that, stack gifts with purchase, use coupon codes, and stack multipliers (while still earning points).
Have some self control and hold on to all your points until you’ve hit 2,000. Cash in your points, and you’ll get $125 in rewards.
3. Opt in to receive emails (and snail mail) for all the free coupons.
To receive coupons, free shipping offers, 20% off prestige brands, gift with purchase offers and point multipliers, you must opt in for emails and snail mail.
4. Memorize the best time of year to buy everything.
- Shampoo and conditioner: Save up to 72% during the Jumbo Love Sale (a.k.a. Liter Sale) in January and July.
- Ulta-brand makeup: Every 8-10 weeks when you can get free items with a $19.50 Ulta-brand makeup purchase. If it’s not free gift time, wait to buy your makeup.
- Prestige makeup: Stock up from November through Christmas when Prestige brands are up to 75% off.
- Skincare: Stock up during the Love Your Skin Event in January when you can save up to 50%.
- Beauty everything: Shop Ulta’s 21 Days of Beauty in March and September when a variety of beauty items reach at least 50% off.
- Fragrance: Get a free gift with your fragrance purchase in April, June and December.
5. Stack a manufacturer’s coupon with an Ulta coupon to get freebies.
Ulta does accept manufacturers’ coupons. So stack your drugstore brand coupons with an Ulta coupon (like a $3.50 off a $15 purchase) to save the most.