Despite all of the new travel deal sites, I still think that Groupon offers the best savings and the most variety in their travel offers. This week, the offerings range from skiing in Colorado to a water park in New Jersey to the bright lights of Times Square in New York City. There are several good deals in the more than two dozen offers. This week’s Groupon Getaway specials include Taos, the Jersey Shore, and Keystone, Colorado, just to name a few. Accommodations range from bed and breakfast inns to boutique hotels to historic landmarks. Keep in mind that these escapes are becoming more and more popular. Two already sold out, and they were just announced earlier today. If you see something you like, be sure to act quickly.
Below are the highlights of this week’s Groupon travel specials:
- Taos, New Mexico – Two nights’ accommodations for two adults at the San Geronimo Lodge at the foot of Taos Mountain in Taos, New Mexico for $169 (a $338 value.) The Groupon also includes breakfast daily. Book and travel by March 9, 2012. Not valid until February 9-19, 2012.
- New Jersey Water Park– One night’s accommodation for up to four people at the Hotel ML and CoCo Key Water park in Mt. Laurel, New Jersey (near Philadelphia) for $92 (a $229 value.) That’s a 60 percent savings! The Groupon also includes admission to the water park and breakfast. Book and travel by March 31, 2012. Several blackout dates apply.
- Keystone, Colorado– Two nights’ accommodations for up to four people in a one-bedroom condo at Keystone, Colorado for $369 (a $667 value.) The Groupon also includes 25% off of ski rentals and a discount on the airport shuttle. Book and travel by March 8, 2012. Several blackout dates apply.
- Orlando– Three nights’ accommodations for up to four people in a king or queen evolution room at the Hilton Garden Inn Lake Buena Vista near Walt Disney World for $339 (a $598 value.) The Groupon also includes two one-day passes to any of the Disney theme parks. Book by May 1, 2012; travel by June 30, 2012. Not valid for travel April 1-8, 2012.
- Manhattan – Two nights’ accommodations for up to four people in a renovated queen or double room at the 1928-circa Milford Plaza Hotel in New York City’s theater district for $269 (a $609 value.) The Groupon also includes two welcome gift bags and late checkout. Book and travel by February 29, 2012. Several blackout dates apply.
- California Wine Country – Two nights’ accommodations for two adults at the Grape Leaf Inn in Healdsburg, California, located in the heart of the Sonoma Valley wine country for $299 (a $585 value.) The Groupon also includes tastings at three wineries and a bottle of wine. Book and travel by March 31, 2012. Several blackout dates apply. (Note: I’ve stayed at this inn and it’s a charming, relaxing place to stay and the location is perfect for exploring Sonoma Valley.)
All of these deals must be purchased by 11:59pm (EST) on Tuesday, January 17, 2012. For more information and/or to purchase your Groupon, follow this link. The terms on each Groupon offer are slightly different. Be sure to read the fine print page before you complete the transaction. Please note that last week most of the Groupon Getaway specials sold out. Be sure to buy yours early if you see something that interests you.
Have you used a Groupon to save money on a vacation?