Southwest is having one heck of a bonus right now. If you’re a frequent flyer, it’s definitely worth looking into.
1. Get 30,000 Rapid Rewards points AND a Companion Pass when you sign up for a credit card.
Via The Points Guy
In order to get this offer, you must sign up for any of their three credit cards and spend $4,000 within the first three months.
Note that this offer’s Companion Pass will only work through 2019. Typically, Companion Passes are good for the remainder of the year in which you earn it, and the entire year following.
2. Normally, get a Companion Pass by taking 100 flights or by earning 110,000 Rapid Rewards Points within a calendar year.
Unless you fly literally a hundred times a year or can accumulate 110,000 Rapids Rewards Points, this new promotion is unbeatable and one of the best we’ve seen.
Keep in mind that the number of points you need to redeem for a flight differs by fare and usually equals around 70 points per $1.
3. The Companion Pass allows you to designate one person to fly with you for free.
Well, except for in taxes starting at $5.60 each way. The pass allows you to bring one person along with you on flights without the ticket fee. You’ll only be able to designate a new person three times a year.
4. You have the option of three different credit cards, each with an annual fee.
The different cards are:
- Rapid Rewards Priority Card – $149/year, includes $75 annual Southwest travel credit, no foreign transaction fees, four boarding upgrades a year and 7,500 point anniversary bonus.
- Rapid Rewards Premier Card – $99/year, no foreign transaction fee and 6,000 point anniversary bonus.
- Rapid Rewards Plus Card – $69/ year and 3,000 point anniversary bonus.
5. The deal expires on February 12th.
If you’re going to take part in this, make sure you do before it comes to a close.