It is possible to save money and help save the planet. Here are some ideas:
- Add up savings by printing coupons on both sides of the paper. Recycle the scraps.
- Recycle newspapers.
- Re-use plastic bags at the grocery store, even if the bags are from home. Many stores offer a cents discount for your own bags. Or visit the store plastic bag recycling kiosk.
- Plan trips to all the stores you regularly visit for one outing. Map destinations to the shortest distances to save gas.
- Find a coupon buddy and combine shopping trips and carpool.
- Don’t be afraid to call ahead to stores to see if the item(s) you’re after are on the shelf. No point making the drive if the shelf is cleared.
- Donate unused coupons to overseas military families.
- Consider using coupon apps rather than paper coupons.
- Shop online.