You’re gonna die when you see all the different ways you can reuse the complimentary items hotels offer to guests.
I feel like Ross and Chandler would be really proud of me right now.
1. Use the shower cap as a food cover.
Super convenient for bigger bowls.
2. Or, wrap your shoes in the shower cap when you travel.
It will keep them from dirtying up the rest of your luggage.
3. Grind up unused soap to make inexpensive laundry detergent.
Just combine 2 parts ground soap, 1 part borax, and 1 part washing soda. Use 2 Tbsp per load.
4. Take the mini toiletries to the gym instead of your own.
They won’t weigh down your bag, and you won’t care as much if they get lost or stolen.
5. Fill empty bottles with water and freeze for portable food chillers.
These work great for lunches and picnics. Just make sure they seal tightly!
6. Refill empty bottles with your own products before your next trip.
Not only will you save on space and weight, there is less potential for disaster in case of a spill.
7. Store dirty laundry in garment, lingerie or shoe bags.
If you find a complimentary cloth bag, take it for dirty laundry when you travel.
8. Use the toothbrush for cleaning.
Convert the cheap freebie toothbrush into a scrubbing brush for chores.
9. Make a car kit with mini toiletries.
I added mouthwash, deodorant, a sewing kit, lotion, cotton balls, and Q-tips to my car tote.
10.Stock your guest bathroom with extras.
Fill a glass jar with mini toiletries and any other unused freebies for your guests. It’s practical and pretty!
11. Donate toiletries to a good cause.
Clean the World is one of many organizations working to provide sanitary products to people at risk for hygiene-related diseases. Local homeless shelters, women’s sanctuaries, youth homes, etc. usually need these items too!