1. When you’re in a parking lot or garage, take a photo of the location of your car.
When it’s time to go, you’ll find your car in a flash!
2. Use your camera flash and a water bottle as a lamp
Place a filled water bottle over the camera light of your phone for a makeshift lantern.
3. Use your sunglasses or an old cassette case as a smartphone holder.
4. Make your own smartphone cleaning solution with alcohol and water.
There’s 10 times more bacteria on your smartphone than most toilet seats…gross.
To safely clean your phone, fill a small spray bottle — about 80% of it — with water. Use isopropyl alcohol for the remaining 20%, and shake the bottle lightly to mix the two liquids.
Spray the solution onto a soft, microfiber cloth and wipe away the germs. Use a Q-tip to clean the crevices.
5. Store your headphones and charger in a sunglasses case when you’re on the go.
6. Hide cash and IDs in-between your phone and phone case.
7. Turn your phone’s brightness as low as possible if you can’t help using your phone while it’s charging.
Using your phone while it charges will heat it up quickly, and prolonged heat has a negative impact on a phone’s life. Plus, it’ll take longer to charge your battery.
So if you can’t put down your phone while it’s charging, at least use the lowest brightness level on your screen.
8. To save storage space on your iPhone, change your settings to automatically delete messages after one month.
iOS 8’s default settings will keep your text messages stored forever unless you change them.
9. Use Glade Press’n Seal to protect your phone.
10. Switch your phone to airplane mode so it charges faster.
11. Take a photo of your fridge or pantry before going to the store to help you remember what you need.
12. Change the background on your lock screen to your name and emergency contact number in case your phone gets lost.
Type the information into your notes app, take a screenshot, and change it to your lock screen.
13. Use the USB slot on the back of a TV to charge your phone when traveling.
14. Place your phone in a large cup before bed if you have trouble waking up in the morning.
The sound of your alarm will be amplified by the cup.
15. Use two different colors for your earphone tips to easily tell apart the right and left sides.
16. Screenshot travel directions, then turn off location services to save your battery.
17. If you have poor signal, flip your phone into airplane mode for a few seconds.
When you turn airplane mode off, your phone will automatically connect to the nearest cell tower, giving you the best signal possible.