Easter is April 4 this year.
But the worst thing you can do is wait until late March to start buying candy and goodies for Easter baskets. (Actually, failing to grab an extra bag of Cadbury Mini-Eggs to hide in your purse and not share with your kids is probably the biggest #easterfail.)
Here are 3 things you can do now to save money on Easter baskets this year:
1. Shop at drugstores to find the best candy deals.
Start collecting Hershey’s coupons and Mars coupons (go ahead and sign up for KCL alerts so you don’t miss out). These are the brands that put out the highest dollar coupons and have frequent sales leading up to Easter.
Last year we saw Cadbury eggs drop down to only $0.25 at CVS. Look for sale prices to stack coupons on full size candy bars (stock-up price is $0.35 each).
Here are a few deals we’ve seen with the right coupons in-hand:
- Rite Aid: 2 Oreo Milka Candy Bars for free
- CVS: Get Valentine’s Kisses bags for just $2.
- Walgreens: DeMet’s Turtles king size bars for just $0.75
2. Shop the Dollar Store and Target for the best-priced Easter basket items.
- The Dollar Store: You can find cheap and good-looking baskets, small toys, decor and of course, eggs! Check here before paying more for a basket anywhere else.
- Target Dollar Spot: If you strike out at The Dollar Store or you don’t have one nearby, check the Target Dollar Spot. (a.k.a. a goldmine of Easter basket fillers your kids will probably love.)
3. Use the Krazy Coupon Lady app to find deals on Easter supplies.
If you’re short on time, let us do the work of tracking deals for you!
We’ll make sure you don’t miss out on the Easter deals you want on items like candy, toys, craft items, retail and more.
We’ve seen great basket-fillers like Shopkins for only $6.99 at Toys”R”Us, and girls’ Unicorn Slipper & Foot Spa Sets at Kohl’s as low as $14.70 (regular price $28). After you download our app, click “Retail” to find the best prices on toys.
BONUS: Plan your DIY’s in advance so you know which deals to jump on.
Easter DIY’s are some of the cutest, but buying craft supplies and candy for crafts can really add up if you wait.