You’ve just downloaded the KCL app, which means you’re serious about shopping smart and saving big. Or, you’re thinking about it. Either way, you’ve come to the right place.
Since it’s your first time using the app, you probably have some questions on how to get started.
Check out this step-by-step guide to answer all of your questions so that you can start saving and capitalizing on the best deals out there!
1. Download the Krazy Coupon Lady app for your Android.
If you have an Android, you’ll want to download the app in the Google Play store.
Have an iPhone? Then head to the App store and check out the iPhone KCL guide.
2. Select your favorite stores and brands to get relevant deals and coupons.
After downloading the app, you’ll be prompted choose your top stores from the selection or skip by tapping “Continue.”
Don’t see your store?
That means we aren’t covering it right now. We try to stick with the best stores for couponing, but If you think a store you like should be added, contact us and let us know!
After selecting your stores, you can choose your favorite brands.
After picking your top brands, tap “Continue” and then “Allow Notifications.”
PRO TIP: You can add or remove stores from your list at any time by tapping on the “store” icon in the bottom menu screen.
3. Create your KCL account.
After picking your favorite stores, you’ll be prompted to create your own KCL account.
You can skip and use the app as a guest, too, but you won’t get access to all the awesome features, and where’s the fun in that?
With an account, you can create shopping lists based on your favorite deals and brag about how much money you save to the other members of the KCL community.
By creating an account, you also automatically subscribe yourself to our Daily Deals email. You can opt out anytime, but then you won’t see all the ways you can save!
4. Download the Beginner’s Guide to Couponing to learn all about shopping the Krazy way.
If you need a primer on couponing, tap on the three-bar menu in the top left of your screen and then tap on “Beginner’s Guide.”
Next, scroll down and tap “Download” to read The Ultimate Beginners Guide to Couponing (you can also download the e-book on your desktop).
5. Set up deal alerts so you never miss sweet deals.
Don’t want to miss any hot deals, do you? Didn’t think so!
We’ll only send you the best deals out there, and you can change your alert settings whenever you want.
Check out this quick video tutorial to learn how to customize your deal alerts, or follow these steps:
- Tap the three-bar menu in the top left corner
- Tap on “Notifications”
- Tap the gear icon in the top right corner
- Toggle “Push Notifications” on to allow KCL to send alerts to your phone
- Scroll through the list of popular products and toggle on any and all that you love
So how do deal alerts work exactly?
Let’s say you choose “air fryer.” Anytime there’s a hot deal on air fryers, Krazy Coupon Lady will send a push notification directly to your phone so you can hop on it right away.
Want to change the deals you receive notifications for? Just toggle the button off.
If you want to stop receiving notifications, then you can toggle “Push Notifications” off and we’ll leave you alone until you’re ready.
6. Fill out the rest of your profile.
Once logged in, take a moment to finish setting up your profile.
Access your profile by going to the three-bar menu in the upper left corner, then tapping your username at the bottom.
Within your profile, you can:
- Update your email address
- Update your display name and first and last name
- Add or change your profile picture
- Update your profile password (email users only)
- Delete your account (Keep in mind, you won’t be able to reactivate your account and will lose all of your personal settings, store preferences, favorites and brags. We can’t recover deleted profile data.
7. How to navigate the KCL app.
Yay! You’re all set up! Now, how do you use this thing?
On the KCL app home screen, you’ll see a gray navigation menu at the top of your screen with the following tabs:
- My Deals
- Online Deals
- Baby Deals
- Our Picks
Under each tab, you can share and/or save freebies, coupons and deals to your “My List” tab, which is located on the bottom menu of your home screen.
KCL App FAQs
How do I view all stores?
If you want to see a list of all the stores in the KCL app, tap the “Stores” star icon in the bottom menu bar.
You’ll see the full list of stores under the “All Stores” menu.
How do I add/remove favorite stores?
- Tap on the “Stores” icon in the bottom menu bar
- Stores marked as favorites appear under “Favorites”‘ with a blue star icon
- Add or remove stores from your “Favorites” list by tapping on the star icon next to each store
Where do I find the deals for my favorite stores?
- Tap on the “My Deals” tab underneath the three-bar menu.
- Deals are sorted by date, so the most recent deals will be at the top of your feed.
- To refresh your deals list, just swipe down the screen until you see the refresh wheel
How do I view just one store’s deals?
- Tap on the “Stores” star icon in the bottom menu bar
- You’ll see your “Favorites” and “All Stores”
- Tap a store to view their individual deals and tips
How do I add items to My List?
“My List” is where you keep track of your shopping lists, coupons and favorited deals.
You can find it on the bottom menu. When you tap on it, you’ll see three tabs:
To add Shopping List items to your “My List”:
- Tap on the “Shopping” tab
- Tap on “Add items to your shopping list”
- Enter the item name, quantity and store name
To add Coupons to your “My List”:
- Tap on the “Coupons” tab on your home screen
- Select the type of coupon you want by tapping the “Mobile,” “Printable,” or “Newspaper” tab
- Select the coupon you want by tapping the “+” icon or tapping the product and selecting “Get Coupon”
- Check the “Coupon” tab in “My List” to view your coupons
To add Favorites to your “My List”:
- Tap on any deal on your home screen feed
- Tap the heart icon in the top right corner of your screen
- The deal will be added to the “Favorites” tab in “My List”
How do I remove items from My List?
To remove items from My List, tap on the gear in the top right of the screen and select “Clear List” or “Remove Expired Deals.”
How do I delete my entire My List?
You can’t delete all items under each My List tab at once. Instead, you have to click each tab and select “Clear List.”
How do I delete my expired My List items?
- Tap the tab with expired items
- Click the gear icon in the top right of the screen
- Select “Remove Expired Items”
I added coupons to My List. Now what?
There are three types of coupons: printable, newspaper and mobile.
In your “My List” section, you can see which coupons are which by checking whether the coupon link has a printer, newspaper or phone icon next to it.
All the printable coupons in KCL’s database will be linked. Click on the link to print your free coupon. We’ll also give you a step-by-step on how to print coupons from your phone.
You’ll need to invest in a Sunday newspaper to get coupon inserts (HINT: go to your local dollar store). We make it easy by telling you the date the insert was released right in the deal.
Mobile coupons can either be saved directly to a store loyalty account or accessed through a rebate app. Click on the digital coupon link, and we’ll lead you to the source.
What’s a Brag and how do I submit one?
We’re so glad you asked! A Brag is the best way to show off your savings to the rest of KCL’s couponing community.
It’s also a great way to let others know about an awesome deal in your area. (Check the Brag section to find out about deals, too!)
To submit a Brag:
- Tap on the “Brags” icon in the bottom right corner of your screen
- Add a title, description (describe your Brag) and any stores you want to include
- Add a photo
- Submit your Brag!
RELATED: How to Brag on Krazy Coupon Lady
What do SS, RMN and PG mean?
SS, RMN and PG are all separate newspaper coupon inserts that come out in the Sunday newspapers:
How do I “favorite” an item?
- Find a favorite deal, article, or Brag and tap it
- Tap on the heart icon in the upper right corner to favorite
- The item is added to your “My List” Favorites
- View your favorites by visiting “My List,” then select the “Favorites” tab
Where are the stock-up symbols?
Don’t know what we mean by “stock up”? We have a whole guide on stock-up prices that might help.
We include a little three-month or six-month stock-up symbol by the final price in all deals where we recommend you buy ahead when the price is low.
A three-month stock-up price means this is a deal worth stocking up on, and we anticipate seeing a price this low again within about three months.
A six-month stock-up price is even lower, and we suggest anticipating your family’s needs for the next six months.
How do I email and print my coupons list?
- Tap on “My List” in the bottom menu, then “Coupons”
- Tap on the gear icon in the upper right corner
- You can’t print your coupons list, but you can email it by tapping “Email List.”
How do I email or print an article?
- Find the post you want to share in your feed
- Tap on the post to view details
- Tap the email or print icon and voila!
How do I share to Facebook, Twitter or via text message?
- Find and tap the post you want to share in your feed
- You’ll see the Facebook and Pinterest social media icons
- Tap the icon for the social platform you want to share on
- To share on Twitter or via text message, tap the “share” icon and you’re good to go
How do I change my Display Name?
Your “Display Name” is the name shown when you post a comment or a Brag.
- Tap on the three-bar menu in the upper left corner
- Tap on your username at bottom of the menu
- Tap “edit” next to Display Name to change
How do I turn on/off notifications?
- Tap on the three-bar menu in the upper left corner
- Tap “Notifications”
- Tap on the gear icon in the upper right corner
- Toggle notifications ON or OFF
Why don’t my coupons match yours?
The coupons in weekly inserts vary by region.
Many times, inserts from different areas will even have a coupon for the same product, but the value will differ. It’s not guaranteed that your area will have the same coupons.
Why don’t my store’s sales match yours?
Clearance prices and sales often vary from store to store.
If you ever have questions, we suggest calling your store ahead of time or visiting their website to view the weekly sales before you make the trip!
Don’t scroll up — here’s your related links:
- How to Brag On Krazy Coupon Lady
- Things Every Shopper Should Know About Digital Coupons
- The Best Stores for Beginner Couponers