The Coupons.com app used to be a place just for printing coupons. But that’s so 2005. Now, the Coupons.com app is a resource for all kinds of couponing — and should definitely be one of your key resources for on-the-go couponing. (Alongside us Krazies, of course!)
How does the Coupons.com app work? Before we get ahead of ourselves, I should tell you: the Coupons.com app does not have digital, scannable coupons. You can save using this app three main ways: cash back coupons from manufacturers, coupons that can be added straight to your loyalty card, and printable coupons. I’ve tried all of them and will tell you everything you need to know about using the Coupons.com app.
Psst…Don’t forget to download the Krazy Coupon Lady app for deal alerts and more coupons!
Wanna text? I’ll send you a couple of the hottest deals each day — just send me a text at 57299.
1. To get started, download the Coupons.com app and create an account.
If you haven’t done it yet, stop what you’re doing right now and download the Coupons.com app.
After downloading, you’ll need to sign up or log in to your existing Coupons.com account.
PRO TIP: Create a folder on your smartphone for all your couponing and money-saving apps. That way, they’re all in one easy-to-find place.
2. Forget uploading receipts. Link your store loyalty accounts to the Coupons.com app.
If you link your loyalty card to the Coupons.com app and sign in to your Coupons.com account before you shop, you don’t have to take a picture of your receipt to redeem offers.
PRO TIP: If you don’t have a physical store loyalty card with you, try entering your phone number instead. This works for most stores.
3. Load coupons straight to your store loyalty card from the Coupons.com app.
The Coupons.com app offers store-specific, load-to-card coupons. You can find out which by looking for the little gray card icon in the upper left corner of the store logo.
For stores that have loyalty programs, like Walgreens, Winn-Dixie, and Safeway, you can load coupons straight to your loyalty account from the Coupons.com app.
Follow these steps:
- Tap your account icon in the top right corner of the app
- Scroll down to the “More from Coupons.com” section
- Tap Store-Specific Coupons
- Select your store and the app will take you to that store’s page
- Tap the blue plus sign on a coupon to add to your list
Load-to-card coupons are manufacturer coupons and cannot be combined with other manufacturer coupons. But, they can be combined with other store offers. They can only be redeemed one time, so there’s no “stock-up” potential. For example, if an identical offer appears under both Target and Walmart, once you redeem the offer from one store, it’ll disappear from the other store.
Be sure to tap on each offer to read restrictions and specifications, as they vary.
4. Use cash back offer coupons at your favorite stores.
Cash back offers can be used in most stores. Before you shop, activate offers by tapping the blue plus sign in the upper right corner, just like you do for coupons.
After shopping, tap “Redeem” to submit your receipt and get cash back sent automatically to your PayPal account. Again, if you have your store card linked before you shop, you can skip submitting your receipts.
PRO TIP: Coupons.com does not allow the use of paper coupons and cash back offers at the same time. This just means that if you submit a cash-back request for an item that you also purchased with a paper coupon printed from the app, your request will be denied.
5. Earn a $5 Welcome Bonus on your first Coupons.com app cash back offer.
Once you redeem your first cash back offer, Coupons.com will deposit a $5 welcome bonus within three weeks into your PayPal account.
PRO TIP: You can withdraw your money from PayPal without needing to reach a minimum amount.
6. Print old-school paper coupons straight from the Coupons.com app.
This is a good idea if you want to use a coupon more than once, because digital coupons usually have limits. Most Coupons.com printable coupon offers are limited to two prints per mobile phone number, as well, but there’s a work-around. Print from different devices signed in under different accounts. Time to make your kids’ phones pay off, for once.
- Click on “Printable Coupons” under the Account & Settings icon. A list of printable coupons will show up.
- Browse offers or “jump” to a specific category.
- Select the plus button to “clip” the coupon you want.
- After you’ve added all the ones you want to print, click the blue “Clipped Coupons” button. You can either print them straight from your phone or email them to yourself.
- You need to verify your phone number before Coupons.com will send the coupons to your printer.
Manufacturers set how many times you can print a coupon. Once you’ve reached your limit they will disappear from the coupons page. Also, remember that printable coupons are manufacturer coupons, which can’t be stacked with other manufacturer coupons.
Don’t forget to bring the printed coupon with you when you shop!
PRO TIP: If you want to visit a brand page or search for promo codes on the Coupons.com website while using the Coupons.com app, go into Accounts & Settings in the app and tap either option.
Coupons.com app FAQs
1. How many prints per account do I get?
Most Coupons.com offers are limited to two prints per mobile phone number.
2. Can I stack a loyalty coupon or paper coupon from the Coupons.com app with a cash back offer?
No. Coupons.com does not allow the use of paper coupons and cash back offers at the same time. This just means that if you submit a cash back request for an item where a paper coupon has been used for the same item, your request will be denied.
3. How many times can I redeem a loyalty card coupon or cash back offer?
Only once unless otherwise noted. If an identical offer appears under both Target and Walmart, once you redeem the offer from one store, it will disappear from the other store. Be sure to tap on each offer to read restrictions and specifications, as they vary by offer.
4. What do I do if the Coupons.com app can’t find my printer?
First, make sure your phone and Wi-Fi printer are both connected to the same wireless network. Second, make sure the printer is on and active so that your network can find it. Most of the time, restarting the printer will resolve this issue.
5. Why do my coupons print without a barcode, or what if they have other missing/incomplete information?
Check your printer ink levels. Often, if your ink level is too low, the barcode won’t print. If your coupon doesn’t have a barcode, your store won’t accept it.
6. How do I correct problems with my receipt submission?
If you received an alert from Coupons.com that your receipt was not accepted, the message should contain instructions for correcting and resubmitting your receipt image. If you’re still stuck, be sure to review the Coupons.com FAQs on common issues with receipt submissions and how to correct them.
7. What if my load-to-card coupons don’t come off my total at the store?
If your load-to-card coupons aren’t showing up automatically during checkout, it’s definitely worth speaking up.
I had that problem once at Walgreens, and it was enough to just show the associate that the coupon existed via the Coupons.com app for him to manually apply the savings.