One of the things I used to find so frustrating about shopping is that anytime I bought anything, I somehow just knew I should be buying it someplace else. This was because my former shopping strategy was a four-fold disaster zone. Basically, I only shopped if one of these four things occurred: 1) I ran out of whatever-it-was, 2) whatever-it-was broke, 3) I had "full retail price" cash in hand, 4) I couldn't wait any longer.
Today, I am (thankfully) smarter about both shopping and saving. Of course, having smart technology also helps! Here are four great apps I've found to help me shop for literally anything I need when the savings are right—I hope they will help you too!
1. PriceBlink (browser add-on for Safari, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome)
- Get it for your browser: http://www.priceblink.com/webcpns/browser-add-on/
The PriceBlink add-on has been praised by the likes of the Today Show, CNN, LifeHacker, Gizmodo, CBS, and the About.com Readers Choice Awards. In a nutshell, PriceBlink does the onerous work of sifting through various online stores (11,000+ in the U.S.A. and U.K.) to find the lowest price on that-thing-you-want. Very cool!
2. SaleSorter (for iOS)
SaleSorter offers you an effortless way to stay abreast of breaking sales news at your favorite local retailers.
The app helps you do all of this and more:
- You can sort for sales by alpha or category.
- You can find the closest retailer, and get driving directions.
3. SlickDeals (for iOS and Android)
SlickDeals is a user-driven community. Users post the deals they find, and the whole community votes on the best deals.
- Only the 30 deals with the top votes get posted on the SlickDeals home page daily.
- You can set up alerts to be notified of deals on items you want.
- You can search for deals in your local area, and find the closest retailer honoring the deal you want.