McDonald’s customers have been asking for Big Mac Sauce cups for years, and now their prayers have been answered. U.S. McDonald’s locations are apparently following Canada’s example by offering the famous sauce in individual packets (which are wrapped in foil to look like the original Big Mac packaging).
On the heels of McDonald’s releasing celebrity meals like the Cardi B x Offset meal, limited-edition specials like the Adult Happy Meal, and throwbacks like the Halloween Buckets, Mickey D’s is selling their “special sauce” a la carte.
So, are you going to dip your Chicken McNuggets in Big Mac Sauce? When will these cups be available? How can you get them? We’ve got the details.
Big Mac Sauce cups have arrived at some U.S. McDonald’s locations.
McDonald’s is introducing Big Mac Sauce cups for a limited time at U.S. locations, as leaked on TikTok by an employee @badluckshawty and later confirmed by McDonald’s. This move comes after McDonald’s Canada introduced the dip cup version in February, where it has been available for a limited time.
Big Mac Sauce Cups are going to drop for a limited-time on April 27.
McDonald’s has announced that the Big Mac Sauce cups are going to be available for a limited-time starting April 27. While we aren’t sure how long they will be available, we can expect them to last for a month and a half based on previous limited-edition McDonald’s items or until supplies run out at your McDonald’s location.
Expect to pay for the Big Mac sauce cups.
In Canada, McDonald’s locations aren’t giving away Big Mac sauce cups; customers are paying $0.30 (Canadian) each — which is less than a quarter in U.S. currency. So at that rate, expect to pay between $0.25 and $0.50 per sauce.
Count on being able to get the sauce in person and via mobile orders and McDelivery.
You can always make your own Big Mac Sauce with this recipe.
If you’re a fan of McDonald’s Big Mac sauce, you can try making it at home with a copycat recipe. This recipe yields about one and a half cups of Big Mac sauce.
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons sweet pickle relish
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 1 tablespoon yellow mustard
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a mixing bowl, combine mayonnaise, sweet pickle relish, white vinegar, and yellow mustard. Mix well.
- Add onion powder, garlic powder, paprika, salt, and pepper to taste.
- Mix again until all ingredients are well combined.
- Cover the bowl and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes before using.
Or you could just buy copycat bottles of the stuff at the grocery store.
Lots of manufacturers have tried to make their own version of the Big Mac Sauce. But keep in mind that the taste and texture of these copycat sauces may vary from the original McDonald’s version. Here are some of them, ranked from cheapest to most expensive:
- Sweet Baby Ray’s Secret Dipping Sauce 14 oz, $2.14 at Walmart
- Great Value Secret Sauce 12 oz, $2.28 at Walmart
- Burger Special Sauce 11 oz, $2.69 at Kroger
- J.L. Kraft Burger Sauce 12 oz, $4.09 at Amazon
- Hidden Valley Ranch Secret Sauce 12 oz, $4.24 at Walmart
- Top Secret Recipes Burger Secret Sauce 12 oz, $4.48 at Walmart
- Sir Kensington’s Special Sauce 12 oz, $6.39 at Target