You’ll also want to sign up now for text alerts. When you sign up, you get an automatic $5 off your next order of $25 or more!
Staples price matching guarantee
Staples has a different price match policy for in-store and online purchases.
1. Who they price match with
As long as a retailer sells their items under the same brand—both in-store and online—Staples will price match the item. This means Staples will price match items from any competitor who meets this requirement and will allow price matching on items sold and shipped by Amazon.com!
- Staples retail stores and Staples.com.
- These retailers (among others): Amazon, Best Buy, Costco, Office Depot, Office Max, Sam’s Club, Walmart, Target
2. How they price match
Staples’ official price matching policy reads as follows:
If you find a lower price on a new identical item, just show us the lower price when you buy the item at Staples and we will match the price, or within 14 days of your Staples purchase and we will give you the difference.
3. How to redeem a Staples price match
The process to redeem a price match is different for in-store and online purchases.
- Verify the competing, lower priced item is identical (model #, component #, warranty, etc.) and available (in stock).
- Have proof (competitor's original print ad showing prices, URL showing prices) to customer service desk at any Staples store.
- Bring proof of lower price with you to the register at any Staples store for an instant price adjustment.
- Bring proof to any Staples store within 14 days of purchase, along with your Staples receipt, for a price adjustment (valid for lower prices found at any Staples store or Staples.com only).
- To request a price match for an item purchased at Staples.com, call 800-333-3330.
4. Exclusions to the price matching guarantee
Exclusions to the price matching policies include these.
- Staples may limit the quantities of price matched items (especially if competitors are imposing limits) on a case-by-case basis.
- Black Friday, Cyber Monday and other special events.
- Apps, gift cards, EasyTech services, phone cards, warranties and postage.
- StaplesAdvantage contracted prices.
- Marketplace or third-party reseller prices.
- Staples.com mobile phone sales and service purchases.
- Any item for which use of a coupon causes a competitor's price to be lower.
Read the Staples price match guarantee
This document has more information on the price match guarantee.