After you shop at Walmart, enter your receipt number online or use the Walmart app to scan your receipt. Walmart will automatically search for lower prices on all qualifying items and credit you the savings to an e-gift card.
If you come across a better price elsewhere and don’t have Walmart’s new app, here’s what you need to know to save the most.
Walmart’s price matching guarantee
Walmart has two different price matching policies—one for Walmart stores (called "ad match") and one for Walmart.com (called "price match").
1. Who they price match with
Walmart matches the prices for any local competitor offering an identical item for a lower price.
In order to qualify for a price match, typically the competing store (for instance, Best Buy) that is advertising the lower price must be located within 50 miles of the Walmart where you are requesting the price match.
However, each Walmart store is free to determine what their own definition of “local” may be, so be sure to ask your local Walmart store manager for clarification.
2. How they price match in Walmart stores
The official Walmart ad matching policy reads as follows:
We're committed to providing low prices every day. On everything. So if you find a lower advertised price on an identical product, tell us and we'll match it. Right at the register.
3. How they price match through Walmart.com
The official Walmart.com price matching policy reads as follows:
If the price of an item on Walmart.com changes within 7 days from the date you placed your order, we will provide a price adjustment at your request.
4. How to redeem a Walmart store price match
Price match policies are different for Walmart stores and Walmart.com.
- You can redeem your price match request right at the register.
- If you’re matching an online price, be sure to provide the online price and retailer.
- Eligible offers include: BOGO offers, competitor ads for a specific item at a specific price, shopping card prices for a specific item in a printed ad, meat/produce prices for items of identical units of the item, and online offers from Walmart.com and online retailers.
- Items must be identical in every way.
- Walmart may limit BOGO price matches to one per household.
- The store manager has final say.
- Walmart.com instructs customers to email customer support to request a price match.
- The customer service agent has final say.
4. Exclusions to the price matching guarantee
Exclusions to Walmart's ad/price matching policies include these.
- Any item that also requires a separate additional purchase for you to get the lower price.
- Items without a set price that require you to buy one or more products to get a free product.
- Items that offer a competitor's gift card for free with a purchase.
- BOGO items with no set price displayed.
- Competitor's private label promotional prices.
- Percentage-off items.
- Items where sizes/quantities are not specified.
- Out-of-stock online items.
- Items from auction sites like eBay and membership sites like Costco.
- Black Friday, Cyber Monday and Thanksgiving items are specifically excluded.
- "Value of the Day," "Special Buy" and "Clearance" items are specifically excluded.
- Any item paid for with an Associate Discount is specifically excluded.
- Out-of-stock items.
- Products from auction sites like eBay and membership sites like Costco.
Read Walmart’s policies
This link takes you to Walmart's official ad match/price match policies (for stores and online).