Are you a fan of Doritos? How about Taco Bell? Well since 2006, you can get the best of both worlds with the Doritos Locos Tacos. It’s one of the most popular items on the menu, and the whole concept is pretty much the stuff of which fast-food dreams are made. In fact, if you find yourself thinking about Doritos Locos Tacos a lot, you’re not alone. We did a deep dive into learning more about the menu item’s quirks and background.
So if you’re curious about pricing, how to unlock the popular Doritos Locos Tacos secret menu, and even discounts you can grab with the Taco Bell Rewards program, keep reading.
For more smart shopping tips and savings hacks, text HACKS to 57299.
The Doritos Locos Tacos will cost you $2.39 to $4.99.
Doritos Locos Tacos come in three different categories — regular, supreme, and Gordita Crunch. Each is filled with beef, lettuce, and cheese. The supreme adds in sour cream and tomatoes, while the Gordita Crunch wraps the supreme in a layer of cheese and tortilla.
Here’s how each of them breaks down in terms of price:
- Nacho Cheese Doritos Locos Tacos: $2.39
- Supreme Nacho Cheese Doritos Locos Tacos: $3.19
- Doritos Cheesy Gordita Crunch: $4.99
Get a combo to save 25% on your order.
There are two Doritos Locos Tacos combos available on the Taco Bell menu. Each combo will get you three tacos and a drink. It looks something like this:
- Supreme Nacho Cheese Doritos Locos Taco combo $8.89 (worth $11.96 if purchased separately) — a 25.7% discount
- Doritos Locos Tacos Combo $8.49 (worth $9.56 if purchased separately) — an 11.2% discount
When you join the Taco Bell rewards program, you can get a freebie.
Just for joining the Taco Bell Rewards program, you get your choice of freebies from their menu, including the Doritos Locos Taco. However, this deal is only available to new reward members, and you can only redeem one freebie. Additionally, you’ll need to redeem this coupon 14 days after activating your account.
These tacos come in different flavors, but they are limited-edition.
In the past there have been several variations of the Doritos Locos Tacos. Each new shell has been either released for a short promotional period or discontinued due to lack of popularity. However, since 2020 Taco Bell has released a variation of the Flamin’ Hot offering. We expect them to continue the trend.
Check out the complete history:
- 2006: The original Nacho Cheese Doritos Locos Tacos is released.
- 2013: Cool Ranch & Fiery Taco Shells are released.
- 2019: Only Nacho Cheese remained due to the lack of popularity of the other flavors.
- 2020: Flamin’ Hot Doritos Taco flavor is introduced for a brief promotional period.
- 2021: Flamin’ Hot Doritos Taco flavor is brought back for a brief time.
- 2022: Flamin’ Hot Cool Ranch Doritos is introduced and sells out quickly during its promotional period.
You can buy just the Doritos Locos shells for $0.40 each.
You can get these specific taco shells for only $0.40 each. Use them to replace shells on any of the tacos or order them by themselves. With this hack, you’ll be able to add them to all your favorite items.
Related: We have all the best secret menu items that you can use to spice up your order.
The Doritos Locos Tacos have 170 to 490 calories.
In most cases these tacos have the same caloric count as their regular shelled counterparts. The one exception is the Gordita Crunch. For this item the Doritos Locos version is 10 calories less than the original version.
Here’s how each one breaks down:
- Nacho Cheese Doritos Locos Taco: 170 calories
- Supreme: 190 calories
- Doritos Cheesy Gordita Crunch: 490 calories