We're reader-supported and only partner with brands we trust. When you buy through links on our site we may receive a small commission at no extra cost to you. Learn More. Product prices and availability are accurate as of the date and time indicated and are subject to change.
What’s better than fast food? Free fast food. We’ll show you how to get free fast food coupons every time you order and even free fast food delivery deals, so you’ll never pay full price for fries or a burger ever again.
Related: Find Out What Hours McDonald’s Serves Breakfast.
1. Get free fast food from restaurant apps.
Many restaurants will give you freebies and cheapies just for signing up. Get double the savings by downloading the same fast food app on a family member’s phone and making two separate purchases. Here are a few deals that we’ve seen on fast food apps:
- McDonald’s: Free Fry Fridays (with a $1 purchase) — up to $3.89.
- Burger King: Free Whopper (reg. $5.49) with a $3 purchase
- Chick-fil-A: Free Chicken Biscuit (reg. $3.49)
- Sonic: Half-off all drinks every day
2. Get free fast food from restaurant loyalty programs.
When you use participating stores’ fast food and restaurant reward programs, you can score bonus points, good toward freebies, and cheaper food, which includes McDonald’s and Burger King:
- Dairy Queen: 27.9% cashback when you use your points for Onion Rings (reg. $4.19)
- Wendy’s: 15.9% cashback when you use your points for a Small Frosty (reg. $2.39)
- Taco Bell: 8.76% cashback when you use your points for a medium fountain drink (reg. $2.19)
3. Get free fast food on your birthday.
When it’s your birthday, restaurants want to spoil you a little bit! Simply join their email clubs or input your birthday into the app, and you’ll get birthday freebies all day long:
- Applebee’s: Free dessert (up to $6.99 in value)
- Buffalo Wild Wings: Free snack-size wings (reg. $10.29)
- McDonald’s: Free birthday pie (reg. $1.69) or ice cream cone (reg. $1.59)
4. Get free fast food from joining email or text updates.
Tons of companies are happy to give you freebies when you allow them to visit your email inbox. A few companies piling on the greatness include:
- Arby’s: Free roast beef classic (reg. $3.29) with any purchase when you sign up for Arby’s Deals
- Chili’s: Free chips and salsa, guacamole, or skillet queso — up to $5.29 value
- Dunkin’: Get a free medium beverage (reg. $1.89)
Another great way to be updated on every dining deal? Text HOT DEALS to 57299 and be the first to know about the hottest deals each day.
5. Get free fast food coupons with your receipt.
Check your restaurant receipt; tons of places now offer BOGOs and freebies in return for taking a short, online customer service survey. McDonald’s gives BOGO Egg McMuffins and Quarter Pounders; Krispy Kreme gives you a free doughnut; Carl’s Jr. and Hardee’s get you BOGO sandwiches.
We’ve got a lot more to say about how to get free food with receipts.
6. Get cheap fast food (up to 20% off) with Raise.com gift cards.
I refuse to pay full price for fast food (duh), so I keep my eye on Raise.com for the best deals possible.
Saving $20 for every $100 spent at McDonald’s is huge savings, especially when I can stack those gift cards on top of my McDonald’s app.
7. Get cheap fast food with discounted gift certificate vouchers.
Yeah, yeah. Survey sites, schmurvey sites. But spend just a few minutes a day answering questions while you’re watching TV, and you can score up to $25 in gift certificates to restaurants like Starbucks, Domino’s, and Olive Garden.
Not sure which sites are worth it? We know all the best paid survey apps for your side hustle.
8. Get cheap fast food if you’re a student, member of the military, teacher, or senior.
Are you a student, senior, teacher, or part of the military? Make sure to carry your ID with you to get discounts of at least 10% at your favorite fast-food restaurants.
9. Get free fast food delivery from Uber Eats, DoorDash, and Grubhub.
It’s rare, but third-party delivery apps often give out free fast food or don’t charge you the delivery fee based on your area and the promotions that they are running.
For example, if you order delivery for the first time at a restaurant on DoorDash, you’ll always get your delivery fee waived.
10. Get free fast food as a mystery shopper.
When you sign up and grab an assignment, you basically get a free dinner whenever you’re willing to spend about an hour afterward answering questions about the experience.
Through sites like iSecretShop, I recently made $50 eating at Cheesecake Factory, but I’ve also been paid to eat at Bahama Breeze ($50), Wahooz Fish Taco ($8), and Tucanos ($60).
Pro tip: When you’re traveling, look for opportunities to secret-shop restaurants on the road, too — especially when you’re headed to a bigger city.