1. Get a free Pastry or Sweet when you sign up for Panera Rewards.
You’ll get a free Pastry or Sweet after confirming your email address for your new Panera Rewards account. Then track how many visits it’ll take to get your next freebie (like coffee) by checking Panera’s app, and be sure to add your birthdate to receive a free birthday treat.
If you forget to use your Rewards account while ordering, just submit your receipt number online or in the app to claim those points. Members must be at least 13 years old.
2. Get free veggies and toppings added to your sandwich or salad.
You can get free additional toppings for your salad or sandwich including apple chips, wontons, olives, cucumbers, kale, and more. Certain veggies like avocado cost extra, so be sure to ask, or double-check the cost when adding certain veggies or toppings to your online order. Or, if you’re ordering online, try adding them on the side in the “Special Instructions” section to get toppings that cost extra for free!
You can double almost all the toppings in the Mediterranean Veggie sandwich for free (except the feta) to get a sandwich that’s nearly twice the original size!
3. Ask for a bagel or croissant sandwich instead of sandwich bread for no extra charge.
Don’t let the pictures on the menu fool you. If you prefer your sandwich to be made on a croissant, bagel or ciabatta, just ask! No extra charge.
4. Substitute avocado instead of meat for no extra charge.
Most places charge extra for avocado, but if you want to take meat off your sandwich or salad and add avocado, they’ll swap it for no extra charge.
5. Get a free Pastry or Sweet if your order is wrong.
If your order is wrong, rejoice! You’ll likely be offered a free treat on your next visit when you let them know (nicely) how your order was messed up.
If you’re unhappy (or happy!) with your service, let Panera know on Facebook. They respond to every customer service message they get on Facebook, whether positive or negative. Just let them know in a comment or direct message and they’ll respond quickly.
6. Use promo codes to save money when you order online.
I googled “Panera coupons” before placing my online order and instantly got $3.00 off my Rapid Pickup order with promo code SC3. It’s always worth a try. You can even place an online order at any Panera kiosk inside the restaurant, or from your phone at a Panera table!
7. Get $3.00 off a box of bagels on Tuesdays.
Get a baker’s dozen of bagels (that’s 13 bagels) for just $6.99 on Tuesdays. That’s $3.00 off the regular $9.99 price!
8. Take home an 8 oz. tub of cream cheese for $2.99 instead of spending $1.30 for a single serving.
Why spend $1.30 to get cream cheese on one bagel when you can get a whole 8 oz. tub of cream cheese for $2.99? Not a cream cheese fan? Ask for butter on your bagel — it’s free!
9. Order an empty bread bowl with an actual bowl of soup on the side.
If you love Panera bread bowls, you should know that you’re getting just a cup of soup (8 oz.) inside your bowl of bread! A cup of soup is 4 oz. less than a bowl.
If you want a full 12 oz. bowl of soup with your bread bowl, ask for the bread bowl to be empty with a bowl of soup next to it. It may cost extra, but you’ll be sure to get the full 12 oz. bowl of soup you’re wanting and you can just pour it in yourself!
10. Use a discounted gift card to save up to 15%.
Also look for a free gift card promo from Panera during the holidays. For example, this year we saw two free $10.00 Panera gift cards with every $100.00 Panera gift card purchase the week of Thanksgiving, and $10.00 in free gift cards for every $50.00 gift card purchase through the end of December.
11. Get dessert for $0.99 when you order a meal plus drink.
Get a salad, a bowl of soup, or a full sandwich, plus a drink and your dessert price will drop to just $0.99.
12. Enable Panera app notifications to receive surprise offers.
Who doesn’t love a surprise bargain? When you download the Panera app, go ahead and enable notifications to get exclusive offers sent right to your phone.
13. Order the smallest drink size and get free refills.
If you’re dining in, order a small drink. You’ll save on the price, and you can refill it as many time as you’d like! Just know that availability may depend on location, so ask before ordering.
14. Skip the restaurant and get Panera food at your grocery store.
Or just make your own Panera favorites for a fraction of the cost with Panera’s own recipes.
15. Get Mac n’ Cheese in a bread bowl for just $5.99.
Ask for your Mac n’ Cheese to come in a bread bowl. The whole meal will cost just $5.99, which is just a buck more than a small Mac n’ Cheese.
16. Get a cookie blended into your frozen coffee drink.
If you’re ordering a frozen mocha, ask them to throw in whatever cookie that sounds good. You’ll need to pay for the extra cookie, but the blended coffee-cookie shake will be delish!