We're reader-supported and only partner with brands we trust. When you buy through links on our site we may receive a small commission at no extra cost to you. Learn More. Product prices and availability are accurate as of the date and time indicated and are subject to change.
The Red Robin rewards program shines when it comes to getting free burgers at Red Robin, but you can get free or cheap burgers almost anytime you eat there. (And don’t forget the bottomless fries, people!)
Not only that, you can enjoy Red Robin for under 400 calories. To find out how to get more bottomless fries for fewer dollars, read on.
Download the KCL app and we’ll tap your shoulder when we see limited-time promotions and if we ever see any Red Robin coupons!
1. Join the Red Robin Rewards program to get a free burger every ninth burger.
When you sign up for the free Red Robin Royalty Program and buy nine burgers, wraps, salads, or any other entree, you’ll get your 10th free — whether you’re eating in store or ordering to go. It will ring up as a $9.99 credit on your bill.
Best part? Even your free birthday burger counts towards those nine burgers to get your freebie. More on that in a sec.
2. Use the Red Robin Rewards program to get a $20 credit after your fifth visit — a free burger and appetizer.
One perk of the Red Robin Royalty Program is the $20 credit you earn when you eat at Red Robin five times in five weeks. That’s enough for a burger and an appetizer.
You’ll need to purchase a burger, entree, full-sized salad, or sandwich in order for it to count as “a visit.” You’ll see the credit show up in your Royalty account.
3. Get a free Red Robin birthday burger during your birthday month.
Red Robin’s birthday burger reward can be used on one of 24 Gourmet Burgers (up to almost $14 in value) and bottomless fries.
Just select your birth date when you sign up for Red Robin Royalty. The reward will be valid for your entire birth month, so be sure to come in before the month ends.
Royalty members will get an email once the reward is available on their account (it can take up to 24 hours).
Be sure to tell the server if you’re celebrating a birthday, because you’ll get a free ice cream sundae, too.
TIP: You can earn lots of food freebies on your birthday.
4. Split your Red Robin burger and get a free meal for two.
Even when you split a burger (even your birthday burger), they’ll give you bottomless fries with each half of the order that you’d normally get with a full order.
Since bottomless means bottomless, you can fill up on fries — just tell your server to keep ’em coming, and don’t forget to tip!
It’s an even better deal than the kids’ cheeseburgers. If you order and split a full-size burger like the Red Robin Gourmet Cheeseburger, you’ll pay about $1.45/oz compared to $2.50/oz for a kids’ burger. Red Robin Gourmet Cheeseburgers are 6 oz and cost $8.69. Kids’ cheeseburgers are $6.69 for 2.67 oz.
TIP: If you want to earn Red Robin Royalty Rewards on two different accounts, split the check. You can only earn Red Robin Royalty Rewards on one account per check, so by splitting the check, you’re creating two separate checks that you can claim rewards on.
5. Get free Red Robin birthday burgers for everyone in your household.
Once you set up your own Red Robin Royalty Rewards account, add your kids to your account. Here’s what you’ll see when your kids’ birthdays roll around:
- Kids 10 and under: Get a free Kids’ Meal certificate.
- Kids 11 and 12: Choose between a free Kids’ Meal or one of Red Robin’s Fire-Grilled Gourmet Burgers.
- Kids 13 and older: Get a free Red Robin’s Fire-Grilled Gourmet Burger of their choice.
Have every adult in your house sign up for their own Red Robin Royalty account, too. Free birthday burgers all around!
6. Get an Impossible Burger for $3.50 less than at Cheesecake Factory.
What’s an Impossible Burger? It’s a plant-based patty (grain-free, vegan) made from vegetable protein (instead of a veggie patty made from whole vegetables and grains like rice). Impossible Burgers also contain coconut oil, upping their saturated fat content as well.
For $13.49 you get an Impossible Burger with pickle relish, red onions, pickles, lettuce, tomato, mayo, and cheese on a bun at Red Robin.
A comparable Impossible Burger at Cheesecake Factory will run you about $16.95.
TIP: Of course, if you’re wanting to get an Impossible Burger for the least amount possible, you’re going to want to save at Burger King.
7. A Red Robin app exists, but it doesn’t have any coupons.
Remember how we used to see coupons galore in the Red Robin app? No longer. These days, you can only order pickup or delivery and check your Red Robin Royalty Rewards progress through the Red Robin app.
And any coupons you can find via Google search aren’t special; they’re coupons that are already available to Royalty members (like “Buy 9 Burgers, Get the 10th Free”).
8. Does Red Robin take reservations?
Generally, no. But if you’re trying to make reservations for a large party or you have someone in your group with special needs, your local restaurant will accommodate you. Just give them a call!
Red Robins are generally busy around 6 p.m. to 7 p.m., so if you’re not able to get a reservation, you’ll be waiting at least 30 minutes to get a table.
9. Get a Donatos Pizza at Red Robin — but only if there isn’t a Donatos near you.
Ohio-based Donatos Pizza has teamed up with Red Robin to be their pizza supplier, but if you’re thinking about getting a Donatos Pizza, check to see if there is a Donatos near you.
Red Robin’s Donatos Pizzas are 10.3% more expensive than the Donatos prices for their regular pizzas (like cheese and pepperoni), and 9.2% more expensive than their premium pies, like the Founder’s Favorite or The Works.
10. Get discounted kids’ meals on Wednesdays — up to 50% off.
They won’t have it at every Red Robin location, but most offer discounted kids’ meals on Wednesdays. And if you are ordering online, you can enter the code KIDSMEAL50 to get 50% off on a kids’ meal with the purchase of an adult entree. There are plenty of other deals depending on your area:
- Chambersburg, Penn.: Kids Eat Free on the first Wednesday of the month
- Germantown, MD: Kids’ meals are $2.99 every Wednesday
TIP: The mac and cheese on the kids’ menu is bottomless. Yummm!
11. The Red Robin secret menu doesn’t exist, but you can customize your burgers.
So maybe it’s less of a “secret menu” and more of an open secret.
Order whatever you want to customize your burger. Some ideas:
- Add chili to a burger as a topping (reg. $0.99).
- Ask for grilled pineapple on any burger (reg. $1.79).
- Ask for a burger to be topped with mac and cheese (reg. $5.99).
- Add a fried sunny-side-up egg to any burger (reg. $1.79).
- Substitute BBQ sauce, avocado sauce, or any fry sauce for the mayo on your burger (no charge).
- Ask for any kind of cheese (no charge).
- Substitute salsa (reg. $0.99), queso (reg. $1.29), or any other condiment for sauce on any burger.
12. Cutting calories? Get a bottomless salad (or broccoli or freckled fruit) with your entree.
Sides like steamed broccoli, apples, and mandarin oranges aren’t just for kids!
You can order any of these sides with your burger for a healthier option. You can also choose carrots or a side salad. They’re all bottomless, and subbing in one of these options cuts calories. (Good luck avoiding the fries at your table, though!)
TIP: Just not feeling it with the broccoli? Splurge on Zucchini Fries at Red Robin — at 260 calories, they’re 200 calories less than Sweet Potato Fries!
13. Order a milkshake to split, and you’ll get two full-sized milkshakes for the price of one.
Order a milkshake at Red Robin, and they’ll bring a metal cup with the “extra” shake to your table along with your order. The “extra” is usually enough for another full-sized milkshake to share with someone else at the table.
14. Use a Red Robin gift card from Raise and save an extra 14%.
If you eat at Red Robin all the time, you could be saving 14.20% on your bill before you even step into a restaurant by buying a gift card on Raise before your trip.
If you have a Target RedCard, you can also get 5% off all your purchases, which includes Red Robin gift cards.
TIP: Also look for discounted gift cards at warehouses like Costco and Sam’s Club.
15. Get a free $5 gift card when you buy a $25 gift card during the holidays.
Every year during the holidays, Red Robin offers free-gift-card-with-purchase deals. In 2021, they offered a $5 bonus bucks gift card for each $25 gift card you purchased. Just make sure to return to Red Robin to use your gift card, because there’s a short window of time that they’re valid — typically the first of January through the end of February.
Here are a few other options for this deal:
- Buy a $50 gift card and get a $10 bonus bucks gift card
- Buy a 3-pack of $10 gift cards (Value Pack) and get a $5 bonus bucks gift card
- Get 20% off gift card purchases of $250 or more
There are so many ways to save using gift cards. Here are some of our best tips and tricks to get the most of your gift cards.
16. Order Red Robin delivery through Uber Eats for the cheapest delivery fee.
In my area, Uber Eats is the cheapest option for Red Robin delivery. It’s $3 cheaper than DoorDash, Postmates, and Grubhub:
- DoorDash: $3.99 delivery fee
- Uber Eats: $0.99 delivery fee
- Grubhub: $3.49 delivery fee
- Postmates: $3.99 delivery fee
Of course, we also have the best tips that you need to know if you’re ordering through Uber Eats, DoorDash, and Grubhub.
17. You can eat at Red Robin for under 400 calories.
You can find several great menu items under 400 calories. Here are the top five healthiest items to order:
- Keep It Simple Veggie Burger with extra lettuce: 370 calories.
- Veggie Vegan Burger: 320 calories.
- Lettuce wrapped Grilled Turkey Burger with extra lettuce and BBQ Bourbon Sauce Instead of Chipotle Aioli: 310 calories.
- Simply Grilled Chicken Salad: 280 calories
18. Take advantage of Red Robin’s military discount.
Red Robin sends out offers throughout the year to active-duty and retired military members, veterans, and spouses who have signed up for the Red Robin Royalty program.
Red Robin doesn’t offer a continuous discount (like 10% off) throughout the year, but in past years, they’ve offered:
- 20% off on Veterans Day.
- Free Tavern Double Burger with bottomless steak fries on Veterans Day.
If you’re looking for the best military discounts you can get every day, look no further than our list.
19. The Red Robin teacher discount will get you a free burger around Teacher Appreciation Day in May.
Every year, Red Robin celebrates Teacher Appreciation Day by giving teachers a free burger of their choice on the week of Teacher Appreciation Day (in early May).
These free burgers are given through the Red Robin Rewards program, and you’ll find your coupon on your email or through the Rewards page if you entered your school information when you signed up.
And this is just one of the many teachers discounts that you can get.
Unfortunately, Red Robin doesn’t offer any student discounts or senior discounts, but we know the best student discounts and senior discounts that’ll even get you freebies.
20. Get BOGO 50% off at Red Robin on National Cheeseburger Day.
National Cheeseburger Day is Sept. 18, 2022, which means getting cheeseburger deals all day long. Last year, Red Robin offered a BOGO 50% off. They haven’t released what they are doing this year, but make sure to catch up on what everyone did last year on National Cheeseburger Day to see what deals might be available this year.
21. The Red Robin happy hour is regional.
Don’t head to your local Red Robin expecting happy hour is the same as it was in Portland or Kansas City; Red Robin happy hour specials are regional. Always call ahead to be sure.
These deals can range from 1/2 price appetizers and $2 domestic beers to $3 margaritas.
22. Employees get free food and family discounts.
Red Robin employees get a free meal while on shift, and 50% off their meal when off the clock for everything except alcohol. And families of Red Robin employees get 25% off their meals.
23. Buy your Red Robin Seasoning and Red Robin Campfire Sauce from Walmart.
If you want that Red Robin taste but don’t want to leave your house, Walmart is selling Red Robin Products like Red Robin Seasoning and Steak Fries. Here’s a list of what you can buy from Walmart.
- Red Robin Seasoning (4oz): $5.93
- Red Robin Campfire Sauce (11oz): $3.18
- Red Robin Onion Rings (14oz): $3.46
- Red Robin Steak Fries (22oz): $3.46