The Red Robin rewards program shines when it comes to free burgers, but you can get free or cheap burgers almost anytime you eat there. Not only that, you can enjoy Red Robin for under 400 calories. To find out how to get more bottomless fries for less dollars, read on.
Download the KCL app and we’ll tap your shoulder when we see limited-time promotions and if we ever see any Red Robin coupons!
1. Eat at Red Robin five times in five weeks to get a free burger and appetizer.
Sign up for the free Red Robin Royalty Program, and plan to eat at Red Robin once a week for five weeks in order to earn a $20 credit (enough for a free burger and appetizer).
You’ll need to purchase a burger, entree, full-sized salad, or sandwich in order for it to count as “a visit.” You’ll see the credit show up in your Royalty account.
2. Get a free Red Robin birthday burger during your birthday month.
Red Robin’s birthday burger reward can be used on one of 24 Gourmet Burgers (up to almost $14 in value) and bottomless fries.
Just select your birth date when you sign up for Red Robin Royalty. The reward will be valid for your entire birth month, so be sure to come in before the month ends.
Royalty members will get an email once the reward is available on their account — this can take up to 24 hours.
3. Buy nine burgers and get one Red Robin burger free.
Buy nine burgers, wraps, salads, or any other entree, and get your 10th free, including to-go orders. It will ring up as a $9.99 credit on your bill.
Best part? Your free birthday burger counts towards those nine burgers to get your freebie.
4. Split your birthday burger and get a free meal for two.
Even if you split a burger, they’ll give you bottomless fries with each half of the order that you’d normally get with a full order.
Since bottomless means bottomless, you can fill up on fries — just tell your server to keep ’em coming, and don’t forget to tip!
TIP: Be sure to tell the server if you’re celebrating a birthday, because you’ll get a free ice cream sundae, too.
5. Sign your kids up to get free birthday burgers.
Once you set up your own Red Robin Royalty Rewards account, add your kids. Here’s what you’ll see when your kids’ birthdays roll around:
- Kids 10 and under: Get a free Kids Meal certificate.
- Kids 11 and 12: Choose between a free Kids Meal or one of Red Robin’s Fire-Grilled Gourmet Burgers.
- Kids 13 and older: Get a free Red Robin’s Fire-Grilled Gourmet Burger of their choice.
TIP: Have every adult in your house sign up for their own Red Robin Royalty account, too. Free birthday burgers all around!
You can earn lots of food freebies on your birthday.
6. Split the check with your partner or roommate, and you can both redeem birthday burger rewards.
If you want to earn Red Robin Royalty Rewards on two different accounts, split the check. You can only earn Red Robin Royalty Rewards on one account per check, so by splitting the check, you’re creating two separate checks that you can claim rewards on.
You can split the check easily using the Ziosk at your table.
7. Get an Impossible Burger for $3.50 less than at Cheesecake Factory.
What’s an Impossible Burger? It’s a plant-based patty (grain-free, vegan) made from vegetable protein (instead of a veggie patty made from whole vegetables and grains like rice). Impossible Burgers also contain coconut oil, upping their saturated fat content as well.
For $13.49 you get an Impossible Burger with pickle relish, red onions, pickles, lettuce, tomato, mayo, and cheese on a bun at Red Robin.
A comparable Impossible Burger at Cheesecake Factory will run you about $16.95.
8. Red Robin coupons are very rare and the app is dead.
RIP. Remember how we used to see coupons galore in the Red Robin app? It’s been discontinued and with it, Red Robin coupons.
Even most of the coupon sites only offer Red Robin coupons that are already available to Royalty members (like “Buy 9 Burgers, Get the 10th Free”).
9. Does Red Robin take reservations?
Generally, no. But if you’re trying to make reservations for a large party or you have someone in your group with special needs, your local restaurant will accommodate you. Just give them a call!
10. Get the best value on a smaller portion when you split a gourmet burger instead of ordering a kids’ burger.
It’s common advice to order from the Kids Menu in order to get smaller portions and pay less money. But you don’t always get the best value.
For example, if you order and split a full size burger like the Red Robin Gourmet Cheeseburger, you’ll pay about $1.67 per ounce compared to $1.87 per ounce for a kids’ burger. Red Robin Gourmet Cheeseburgers are 6 ounces and cost $9.99. Kids’ cheeseburgers are $5.99 for 2.67 ounces.
In this case, you’ll get slightly more burger (but still a lot less than eating a whole burger!) for less money if you split a burger. Both options will score you free bottomless fries.
11. Red Robin’s secret menu is basically whatever you want.
So maybe it’s less of a “secret menu” and more of an open secret.
Order whatever you want to customize your burger. Some ideas:
- Add chili to a burger as a topping.
- Ask for grilled pineapple on any burger.
- Ask for a burger to be topped with mac and cheese.
- Add a fried sunny-side up egg to any burger.
- Substitute BBQ sauce, avocado sauce, or any fry sauce for the mayo on your burger.
- Ask for any kind of cheese.
- Substitute salsa, queso, or any other condiment for sauce on any burger.
12. Cutting calories? Get a bottomless salad (or broccoli or freckled fruit) with your entree.
Sides like steamed broccoli, apples, and mandarin oranges aren’t just for kids!
You can order any of these sides with your burger for a healthier option. You can also choose carrots or a side salad. They’re all bottomless, and subbing in one of these options cuts calories. (Good luck avoiding the fries at your table, though!)
TIP: Just not feeling it with the broccoli? Splurge on Zucchini Fries at Red Robin — at 260 calories, they’re 200 calories less than Sweet Potato Fries!
13. Order a milkshake to split, and you’ll get two full-sized milkshakes for the price of one.
Order a milkshake at Red Robin, and they’ll bring a metal cup with the “extra” shake to your table along with your order. The “extra” is usually enough for another full-sized milkshake to share with someone else at the table.
14. Use a Red Robin gift card from Raise and save an extra 13%.
If you eat at Red Robin all the time, you could be saving money on your bill before you even step in a restaurant by buying a gift card on Raise before your trip.
It’s as simple as this: You pay less for a gift card than the amount loaded onto it.
15. Get a free $5 gift card when you buy a $25 gift card during the holidays.
Every year during the holidays, Red Robin offers free-gift-card-with-purchase deals. In 2019, they offered a $5 bonus bucks gift card for each $25 gift card you purchased. Just make sure to return to Red Robin to use your gift card, because there’s a short window of time that they’re valid — typically the first of January through the end of February.
Here are a few other options for this deal:
- Buy a $50 gift card and get a $10 bonus buck gift card
- Buy a 3-pack of $10 gift cards (Value Pack) and get a $5 bonus buck gift card
- Get 20% off gift card purchases of $250 or more
There are so many ways to save using gift cards. Here are some of our best tips and tricks to get the most of your gift cards.
16. You can eat at Red Robin for under 400 calories.
You can find several great menu items under 400 calories. Here are the top five healthiest items to order:
- Keep It Simple Veggie Burger with extra lettuce: 370 calories.
- Veggie Vegan Burger: 320 calories.
- Lettuce wrapped Grilled Turkey Burger with extra lettuce and BBQ Bourbon Sauce Instead of Chipotle Aioli: 310 calories.
- Simply Grilled Chicken Salad: 280 calories
17. Take advantage of Red Robin’s military discount.
Red Robin sends out offers throughout the year to active duty and retired military members, veterans, and spouses who have signed up for the Red Robin Royalty program.
Red Robin doesn’t offer a continuous discount (like 10% off) throughout the year, but in past years, they’ve offered:
- 20% off on Veterans Day.
- Free Tavern Double Burger with bottomless steak fries on Veterans Day.
If you’re looking for the best Veteran discounts you can get every day, look no further than KCL.
18. Red Robin’s happy hour is regional.
Don’t head to your local Red Robin expecting happy hour is the same as it was in Portland or Kansas City; Red Robin happy hour specials are regional. Always call ahead to be sure.
19. Employees get free food and family discounts.
Red Robin employees get a free meal while on shift, and 50% off their meal when off the clock for everything except alcohol. And families of Red Robin employees get 25% off their meals.
20. Buy your Red Robin Seasoning and other Red Robin products from Walmart.
If you want that Red Robin taste but don’t want to leave your house, Walmart is selling Red Robin Products like Red Robin Seasoning and Steak Fries. Here’s a list of what you can buy from Walmart.
- Red Robin Seasoning (4oz): $5.93
- Red Robin Fireside Sauce (11oz): $2.97
- Red Robin Onion Rings (14oz): $2.78
- Red Robin Steak Fries (22oz): $2.78