We're reader-supported and only partner with brands we trust. When you buy through links on our site we may receive a small commission at no extra cost to you. Learn More. Product prices and availability are accurate as of the date and time indicated and are subject to change.
A free holiday ham is an excellent reward for your budget if you’re hosting Easter dinner this year. And why not? Most stores that offer a free holiday ham deal do it to encourage you to buy groceries from them. So if you’re already shopping there anyway, you might as well get a freebie.
I’ve got a few places you can start eyeing for your free holiday ham, plus a few meal kit options. You know, just in case you’re someone who doesn’t look forward to cooking on a holiday. A lot of stores offer premade holiday dinners for under $15 a plate, which is a great option for some families.
Oh! And while you’re in the Easter mindset, make sure you know the current Easter deals before you buy goodies for baskets. You can save money on candy, stuffed animals, and the like when you use coupons.
Also, be sure to brush up on stores that are open on Easter so you can plan your premade holiday meal pickup accordingly!
1. Spend $400 at ShopRite from Feb. 26 – April 8 to get a free holiday ham in 2023.
You have till April 8, 2023, to reach the minimum spend amount of $400 at ShopRite, so you better start shopping! You don’t need to keep track of what you’ve spent or hang on to receipts or anything. Just be sure to give the cashier your Price Plus card before they start ringing you up, and the system will keep track of all of your purchases for you.
Make sure to redeem this offer before the April 8 deadline!
Once you’ve reached the threshold, you’re eligible for one item from this list:
- Free Whole Picnic Pork Shoulder (10 – 12 pounds)
- Free ShopRite All Natural Frozen Turkey (up to 14 pounds)
- Free Cooks Shank or Butt Half Smoked Ham
- Free Empire or any other Kosher Frozen Roasting Chicken (up to 8 pounds)
- Free Stouffer’s Party Size Lasagna (90 – 96 ounces)
- Free Gardein Plant-Based Roast (35.2 ounces)
- Free Tofurky (56 ounces)
- OR Save $2.39 per pound on any Cook’s Spiral Sliced Ham, Boneless Ham, or any other Smoked Ham (up to 12 pounds)
2. Get a free Foodtown Holiday Ham with a $400 purchase.
From now until April 9, 2023, you can get a free holiday ham at Foodtown. You just have to buy $400 worth of groceries in store during the next few weeks and use your Club Card when you check out. Then you’ll get a certificate good for one free “reward” that lets you choose one item from these two options:
- Cook’s Smoked Ham Butt or Shank Portion plus a $10 Foodtown gift card
- Cook’s Spiral Sliced Smoked Half Ham for $0.99 per pound
3. Heat and serve a cheap holiday meal from Acme Fresh Market.
This year, Acme Fresh Market has a $69.99 dinner for six. That comes out to about $11.67 per person. As long as you place an order at the deli by April 5, 2023, you should get this deal.
Here’s what comes with Acme Fresh Market’s Easter Dinner:
- Choice of Boneless Baked Ham (4 pounds) or Boneless Rotisserie Turkey Breast (4 pounds)
- Green Beans (1.5 pounds)
- Cinnamon Apples (1.5 pounds)
- Mashed Potatoes (2.25 pounds)
- Gravy (1 pound)
- Choice of Apple Pie, Bunny Cake, or Spring Cupcakes (6 count)
4. Preorder your heat-and-serve holiday meal from HyVee.
This Easter you can get a premade holiday meal of ham or turkey from HyVee for $14.99 per person ($59.99 for a meal that feeds four). You can order it up to a week after Easter. However, you must order at least two days before you pick up your meal.
They also offer a heat-and-eat brunch to feed two to six people, starting at $24.99 (as little as $4.17 per person!).
Here’s what comes in the Ham or Turkey Easter meal for four people:
- Sliced Pit Ham (up to 2.75 pounds) or Boneless Turkey Breast (up to 2.75 pounds)
- Mashed Potatoes (size large)
- Two Additional Sides of Your Choice from the Deli (size large)
- Gravy (16 ounces)
- Four Dinner Rolls
5. Get options galore for your holiday meal at The Fresh Market.
In 2023 The Fresh Market has all sorts of options, like brunch quiche for four ($25, or $6.25 per person) or ham dinner for four ($59.99, or $15 per person). If you were serving a crowd, you could get dinner for eight to 10 ($99.99, or as little as $10 per person). You could even splurge on a lamb meal for two ($49.99, or $25 per person).
You have to place your order a week before Easter in the store or in The Fresh Market app. All food came chilled and included reheating instructions.
Here’s what comes in the ham dinner for four:
- Boneless Sliced Ham (4 pounds)
- Fresh Pineapple Slices (12 ounces)
- White Cheddar Scalloped Potatoes (1.5 pounds)
- Green Bean Medley (1.5 pounds)
- King’s Hawaiian Dinner Rolls (4 count)
- Strawberry Bar Cake (18 ounces)
Bonus: You get The Fresh Market Reusable Thermal Tote for free with your Easter dinner order.
6. Order your holiday ham or turkey dinner from Publix and pay as little as $7 per person.
This year Publix has a range of options for different-sized crowds. You can get a ham or a turkey, along with three to four side dishes in varying portions based on your order. Side options include Sweet Potato Casserole, Green Bean Casserole, Dressing, Mashed Potatoes, Marshmallow Delight, and Publix cranberry orange relish.
Here’s the breakdown of portions sizes and cost:
- Boar’s Head Ovengold Turkey Dinner for 2 – 3 people: $39.99 ($13.33 – $20 per person)
- Boar’s Head Small Sweet Slice Ham Dinner for 2 – 4 people: $44.99 ($11.25 – $22.50 per person)
- Boar’s Head Carve and Serve Turkey Dinner for 7 – 8 people: $69.99 ($8.75 – $10 per person)
- Publix Deli Fully Cooked Breast Dinner for 7 – 10 people: $69.99 ($7 – $10 per person)
- Boar’s Head Sweet Slice Boneless Ham Dinner for 7 – 10 people: $69.99 ($7 – $10 per person)
Be sure to place your order at least 48 hours in advance and pick it up the day before Easter because Publix will be closed on Easter Sunday. Prices valid through March 29, 2023.
7. Buy ingredients from Walmart at pre-pandemic prices and make Easter dinner yourself.
Granted, this option isn’t free or convenient. However, it can get you an Easter dinner without going broke and you can make it to your liking. We’re talking options here.
You can order all the ingredients you need for an Easter feast at Walmart through April 15, 2023, at the same prices as last year. And they’ve made it super easy to shop — with everything you need for a 3-course Easter meal wrapped up in one price.
Here’s the food you can make with the Walmart Easter meal offer:
- Ham with Pineapple
- Mashed Potatoes
- Sweet Potatoes
- Green Beans
- Corn, Avocado & Tomato Salad with Spinach
- Dinner Rolls
- Deviled Eggs
- Cherry Pie & Blueberry Pie with Whipped Topping
See your cost per serving.