We're reader-supported and only partner with brands we trust. When you buy through links on our site we may receive a small commission at no extra cost to you. Learn More. Product prices and availability are accurate as of the date and time indicated and are subject to change.
Food delivery service Grubhub wants to assert themselves as the cheapest, most reliable and fastest food delivery service in the land, so they’ve introduced Grubhub Guarantee Perks.
What are Grubhub Guarantee Perks? They’re like a Grubhub gift card that you get when you find a cheaper price on another delivery service and when your delivery arrives late.
Food delivery price matching is here, and it’s the best news since Girl Scout cookie delivery. Here’s what we know:
Grubhub price matches other delivery services — plus an extra $5 credit.
If you find a lower price on your same order on DoorDash, Uber Eats, or Postmates, Grubhub will send you the difference (up to $10) and an extra $5 in Perks credit to be used on a future order.
Price Match is determined by:
- Total cost of food and beverages
- All fees that apply to the order at time of checkout (including taxes, service fees, etc.)
Promotions, discounts from subscriptions, donations, and tips are not included in Price Match determination.
Get On-Time Delivery or receive a $5 off Perk.
If your food arrives late, Grubhub will send you a Perk credit for at least $5 off a future order as part of their On-Time Delivery Guarantee.
Eligible On-Time Delivery orders have to meet these four criteria:
- Must be placed and fulfilled by Grubhub.
- Must be fully paid for.
- Must be delivered later than the latest estimated delivery time range given to you after checkout on the Grubhub app or website.
- Must not be an Excluded Order (campus dining orders, group orders, orders placed by using a QR code, and phone orders, among others).
Claims must be submitted within 7 days of your order.
To get a Perks credit, you have to make a Price Match or On-Time Delivery claim within 7 days of ordering.
You can only submit one Price Match claim and one On-Time Delivery claim (each) per day. But both claims can be applied to one order. So if your order was cheaper elsewhere and late, you can get up to $20 in Perks.
Here’s how to make a claim in the Grubhub app:
- Tap “Account.”
- Select “Help.”
- Find the order related to your claim.
- Select “Submit order for Grubhub Guarantee.”
- Expect a response within 24 hours.
Grubhub Perks can only be redeemed on future orders and expire 30 days after you receive them.