We're reader-supported and only partner with brands we trust. When you buy through links on our site we may receive a small commission at no extra cost to you. Learn More. Product prices and availability are accurate as of the date and time indicated and are subject to change.
When Peacock TV launched in April 2020, it offered something nobody else had — a completely free tier that anyone could get, no hidden fees or credit card necessary.
But these days, is Peacock free? Is there a Peacock free trial? What do you get with a Peacock premium account? Is Peacock premium worth it?
We’ve found all the answers to your questions and more. So sit back and relax as we tell you whether Peacock TV is a streaming service you should add to the increasingly crowded roster of entertainment options.
Of course, there are a bunch of free streaming services offering access right now.
1. Is Peacock free? Can you still get a free Peacock TV account?
Is Peacock free? Yes, there is still a completely free version of Peacock TV available. Free accounts have ads and a limited selection of what you can watch, but there is still a ton of content you can watch without having to pay anything. Here’s a fraction of that free content:
- 30 Rock (except season 2)
- America’s Got Talent (current season only)
- Cheers (season 1 only)
- Downton Abbey
- Frasier (season 1 only)
- Law & Order (current season only)
- The Office (seasons 1 to 5 only)
- Royal Pains
- Saturday Night Live
- This Is Us (season 6 only)
- The Tonight Show with Johnny Carson
- Unsolved Mysteries
- Yellowstone (episode 1 only)
- Zoey’s Extraordinary Playlist
2. What’s different about a Peacock Premium account?
You can unlock the entire Peacock TV library with a Peacock Premium account for only $4.99/month. That means getting every season of The Office, access to live sports, and next-day access to current NBC shows.
You can also pay for a Peacock Premium Plus subscription for $9.99, which will get you everything in the Peacock Premium tier with no ads.
NOTE: Peacock will only give you five minutes of ads per hour you watch. Wayyy better than broadcast TV.
3. What original programming does Peacock Premium have?
If you’re looking to watch any of the Peacock Original shows, you’ll have to get a Peacock Premium account. Many of the first episodes are available for free, but if you’re looking to watch every episode, you’ll need a Peacock Premium account.
Here are a few of the most popular Peacock Originals:
- One of Us Is Lying
- Rutherford Falls
- The Resort
- Queer as Folk
- True Story With Ed and Randall
4. How much can I save by paying for Peacock a year at a time?
When you pay for your Peacock Premium subscription, you have the option of paying for it by the year instead of month-to-month. For the base premium subscription, you’ll be paying $49.99, and for a Peacock Premium Plus subscription, you’ll pay $99.99.
If you pay for a yearly subscription, you’ll save 16.5% with Peacock Premium and 16.6% for Peacock Premium Plus.
NOTE: As part of a “fall celebratory offer” starting Sept. 18, 2022, Peacock Premium will cost only $1.99 per month and $19.99 for the year for new users.
5. Can you watch Yellowstone on Peacock TV?
Yes, seasons one through four of the Kevin Costner-led Western drama are available on Peacock Premium, regardless of whether you have a free, Premium, or Premium Plus account.
If you’re looking for other ways of how to watch Yellowstone for free, we’ve got you covered.
6. What are the best movies you can watch on Peacock Premium?
If you’re looking to binge all eight Harry Potter movies, you’ll find all of them on Peacock. Plus, you’ll find tons of other new hit films and classics, including:
- Jurassic World: Dominion
- The Bad Guys
- The Northman
- Downton Abbey: A New Era
- The Despicable Me series
- The Breakfast Club
- Field of Dreams
- The Mummy
- The Lorax
- Eat Pray Love
- 27 Dresses
7. Can you watch live sports on Peacock TV?
If you’re looking to stream live sports, getting a Peacock Premium account is great since you have access to live events like the Olympics and the Super Bowl. Unfortunately, live sports content is a Peacock Premium exclusive, so you’re going to need a premium account to enjoy this content.
Here are all the live sports you can catch on Peacock:
- Sunday Night Football (NFL)
- Horse Racing
- Premier League (Soccer)
8. Can you watch WWE on Peacock?
If you’re a fan of WWE, Peacock is home to the WWE Network, making it the best place to watch all the WWE content. There are thousands of hours of wrestling content, including live matches and compilations of the best matches.
9. Does Peacock have live TV?
Live TV is available on every tier of Peacock. Just head to the “Channels” section and choose the channel you want to watch. There are 33 channels you can choose from:
- News: NBC News Now, Today All Day, Sky News
- Sports: Premier League Soccer, Poker, Road to Tokyo Olympics
- Comedy TV: SNL Vault, The Office Shorts, Fallon Tonight, Seth Myers Now, Comedy Dynamics
- Reality TV: CNBC Ka-ching, CNBC Make It, Kardashians, Peacock Reality, In It To Win It (Game Shows), People Are Awesome, Pet Collective, Hell’s Kitchen, So … Real, Tastemade, Fail Army
- Documentary Style TV: Kiss Me Deadly, True Crime, Unsolved Mysteries, American Greed, Out of This World
- Spanish Language: I Love Jenni, Caso Cerrado
- Throwback: ’80s Mixtape, The Bob Ross Channel
- Science: Nature Vision TV, Weather Spy
NOTE: Because of licensing, you’ll see ads on the “Channel” content. Even if you have Peacock Premium Plus.
10. Which devices can you stream Peacock TV from?
Streaming Peacock TV is made simple by downloading the Peacock app onto your device, signing in, and selecting the content you want to watch. Here are the devices that Peacock TV currently supports:
- Amazon Fire TV & Tablets
- Android TV
- Apple TV
- Hisense VIDAA
- LG Smart TV
- PlayStation 4 & 5
- Roku Devices
- Samsung Smart TV
- VIZO TV
- Xbox One, Series X, and Series S
11. How do I downgrade my Peacock TV account?
If you finished watching all the shows on Peacock Premium, you can always downgrade your account to a base Peacock account by going to the “Account” page, hitting “Plans & Payment,” and “Change Plan” to the desired plan.
You’ll still have access to all the Peacock Premium content until the next billing cycle.
TIP: How do I cancel Peacock TV Premium? If you want to delete your account entirely, you’ll need to contact Peacock customer service to get you deleted from their system.
12. Can I download shows with Peacock TV?
If you want to download shows for offline viewing, you’ll need to have a Peacock Premium account. Not every show or movie is available for download, so the shows and movies that you can download are labeled on the “Browse” menu.