Ready to treat Mom like the queen you know she is this Mother’s Day? The good news, I’ve rounded up some great Mother’s Day gift ideas. The bad news, Mother’s Day is May 14, so, you don’t have much time left to shop. Make Mom proud, get out there, grab some goodies you know she’ll love like jewelry or a wine subscription, and save money while you’re at it.
Download the KCL app for any last-minute Mother’s Day gift ideas and other money-saving deals, tips, and coupons. Wanna text? I’ll send you a couple of the hottest deals each day— just text HACKS to 57299.
1. Upgrade her tech accessories to make her life easier.
You can save up to 52% on Samsung goodies at Walmart right now, including the Samsung Galaxy Watch4 Classic and the Samsung Galaxy Buds2. Whether your mom is a total techie or not, anyone can appreciate a good-sounding pair of noise-canceling headphones. (Just make sure they’re connected to a Bluetooth device otherwise the noise-canceling function won’t work!)
If Mom is all set on headsets, the Samsung Galaxy Watch4 Classic is also a good option, especially if she’s trying to be more active. The smartwatch can help her keep track of a ton of different habits like activity levels and sleep. While a smartwatch is no substitute for an annual check-up, I find mine helps me keep track of and quantify my wellness goals.
2. Find discounted luxe items at Walmart.
For a limited time, check out these Walmart Flash picks. Walmart Flash picks are popular bestsellers that are offered at a fraction of their cost. From cozy pajamas to a hydroponics garden kit, to a fancy towel warmer, you can find discounts at up to 48% off now.
3. Flowers are a tried and true classic.
It may seem cliche, but nothing says “I love you” like a beautiful bouquet. Luckily, you don’t have to break the bank for these budget blooms. And, in case you won’t be in town for Mother’s Day, many even deliver. Here are some of our favorite deals on flowers:
4. Indulge your mom on Mother’s Day with a monthly wine subscription.
- Most of the wines start at $13 per bottle and range to $35 per bottle.
- You get $20 off your first month (automatically applied during checkout)
- First month’s grand total: $29.94
5. Score some points with gift cards for Mom.
Retailer (and restaurant) gift cards
You can find gift cards for Mom just about anywhere. Want a virtual gift card? Grab one to your mom’s favorite retailer like Macy’s, Ulta, and Barnes & Noble, and save some bucks with discounted gift cards from these sites:
Restaurant gift cards
If bonus gift cards are your thing, these restaurants are offering freebies with purchase:
- Carrabba’s Italian Grill: Free $10 e-gift card with purchase of a $50 gift card through 6/18
- Chili’s: Free $10 bonus electronic gift card with the purchase of a $50 Chili’s gift card through 6/25
- Red Lobster: Get $10 off orders of $40 or more in July and August with every $50+ gift card purchase
6. Grab some electronics or tech gifts for Mom this Mother’s Day.
Amazon Fire HD 8 Plus Tablet
Apple AirPods Gen 2
Use a Target RedCard to save an additional 5% on top of the 23% off sale price, which makes this deal $5 cheaper than Amazon or Walmart. While it may not be much, it’s five bucks you didn’t have to spend.
7. Shower Mom with some jewelry from JCPenney, Kohl’s, or Target.
You can always win some brownie points with Mom when you gift her some new jewelry. Save up to 80% on regular prices and make your mom smile with these current deals I found at JCPenney.
8. Treat Mom to a Mother’s Day brunch, dinner, or dessert.
Mother’s Day is the busiest day of the year for restaurants. You can find plenty of specials for Mom to enjoy; however, make reservations (if required) ASAP to ensure your mom can enjoy a meal out. The alternative of Mom staying home and cooking for the fam wouldn’t bode well for you! Here’s a bigger list of restaurants that offer Mother’s Day brunch, dinner, or dessert specials.
Cracker Barrel Mother’s Day Brunch
- If you order Cracker Barrel‘s Sunday Homestyle Chicken Family Meal or the All-Day Pancake Breakfast Family Meal Basket on the weekend of Mother’s Day, you’ll get a free $10 bonus gift card.
- Cracker Barrel will be open 7 a.m. to 9 p.m. on Mother’s Day.
Kona Grill Mother’s Day Brunch
- Kona Grill has a bunch of options for Mother’s Day, including their popular brunch menu. (Reservations are recommended.)
- There’s also a Mother’s Day Dinner — a Prime Rib Surf & Turf ($46) and Yuzu Lime Bar ($15).
- Kona Grill will be open 11 a.m. to 11 p.m. on Mother’s Day. Brunch will be served from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.
P.F. Chang’s Mother’s Day Dinner
- P.F. Chang’s celebrates Mother’s Day with a four-course prix fixe menu. Selections include Chang’s Lettuce Wraps, Dynamite Shrimp, soup, Miso Glazed Salmon, Mongolian Beef, and cheesecake or The Great Wall of Chocolate. The meal also comes with a glass of wine.
TCBY Mother’s Day Dessert
- Bring Mom to TCBY on Mother’s Day for a free 6-oz cup or cone of yogurt at participating locations. (Toppings cost extra.)
- Check your local TCBY for hours on Mother’s Day.
9. Pamper your mom with spa finds.
In terms of Mother’s Day gift ideas, this one is a classic because what mom would say no to a bit of R&R? Treat Mom to the delicious-smelling gift basket or bath bomb collection. With a variety of fragrance combinations, your mom will feel like she’s been to the spa without leaving the house. Best part? Many are on sale right now.
10. Help Mom out in the kitchen this Mother’s Day.
Of course, you’re not gonna expect your mother to cook on Mother’s Day. However, that doesn’t mean you can’t help her out with a few nice new kitchen goodies. Is Mom a fan of Ree Drummond, aka The Pioneer Woman? If so, she’ll appreciate a few items from her collection at Walmart like a slow cooker or towel set.
11. Send a special Mother’s Day message to a mom with fur babies.few gifts from Amazon. This wine tumbler is a perfect way to say “love you,” especially if you got her a wine subscription to go with it. T-shirt from Amazon this Mother’s Day. If you’re an Amazon Prime member you shouldn’t have a problem getting it in time.