We're reader-supported and only partner with brands we trust. When you buy through links on our site we may receive a small commission at no extra cost to you. Learn More. Product prices and availability are accurate as of the date and time indicated and are subject to change.
Black Friday is like the Super Bowl of shopping, but an after-Black Friday sale is even better. In fact, there are a few holiday shopping days, like Cyber Monday, between Black Friday and Christmas worth paying attention to — and even more sales on your favorite brands and products into the new year.
Here are the next best days to shop after-Black Friday sales for some impressive deals. (Psst … download the free KCL app to catch the best deals all year long.)
1. Free Shipping Day on Dec. 14.
Free Shipping Day is a national, 1-day online event that occurs annually on Dec. 14, where merchants offer free shipping with no minimums.
The list of retailers participating keeps growing. In the past, Staples, Ann Taylor, Aeropostale, Barnes & Noble, Banana Republic, Bed Bath & Beyond, Best Buy, Cabela’s, Carter’s, Dillard’s, Famous Footwear, GameStop, and Overstock all participated.
Here are the stores offering free shipping that we’re most excited about:
- Wayfair: Free shipping on everything, plus up to 70% off during their December Deals sale
- Walmart: Free shipping for Walmart+ members or on orders of $35 or more
- Target: Always free with RedCard or on orders of $35 or more
- Sephora: Free shipping with code FREESHIP
2. Christmas clearance sales through January.
The best time to stock up on next year’s Christmas decorations is on an after-Black Friday sale.
The day-after-Christmas clearance sales will have great price cuts on all the leftover holiday decorations and accessories — usually up to 50% off right after Christmas, then up to 90% off in the following weeks through January.
It’s not just for seasonal decor, though — you’ll also be able to find steep discounts on winter apparel, clothes, and video games.
3. White Sales in January for bedding and bath items.
There’s a tradition older than Black Friday, and it’s called The White Sale. No, really — it dates all the way back to a Philadelphia department store in 1878.
4. TV sales in January and February for the Super Bowl.
If you’re looking for a new TV, I’d skip Black Friday altogether and wait for an after-Black Friday sale for better deals leading up to the Big Game.
Black Friday sales usually involve off-brand, Black Friday-only TVs, whereas sales before the Big Game feature higher quality name brands.
These are the kinds of after-Black Friday deals I saw in January and February of 2022:
- Target: $400 off a Westinghouse 75″ 4K UHD Smart Roku TV (regularly $849.99)
- Walmart: nearly $300 off a TCL 55″ Class 4-Series 4K UHD HDR Roku Smart TV, (regularly $599.99)
- Amazon: $350 off a Hisense 54.6-Inch Class H8 Quantum Series Android 4K ULED Smart TV (regularly $799.99)
RELATED: Be sure to check out the best TV deals for the big game.
5. Presidents’ Day sales in February.
Retailers like to take advantage of people’s extra day off work and get them shopping with their sales. Presidents’ Day sales are no different.
In 2021 Bed Bath & Beyond offered up to 80% off microfiber sheet sets and 60% off bath towels. At Macy’s you could score medium standard Ralph Lauren pillows for only $8 each and 80% off weighted blankets.
6. Memorial Day sales in May.
Memorial Day is a great weekend to find low-priced home appliances like refrigerators and stoves, small kitchen appliances, lawn games, and even makeup.
Places like Home Depot have offered 50% off select items during this sale weekend, and Lowe’s has offered around 30% off large appliances. Be ready by reading these Home Depot hacks and Lowe’s shopping tips.
Here are other Memorial Day deals we’ve seen:
- Target: 40% off Keurig K-Mini Single-Serve K-Cup Pod Coffee Maker (regularly $89.99)
- Sephora: 69% off Too Faced Peach Perfect Comfort Matte Foundation (regularly $36)
- Kohl’s: 72% off Professor Puzzle Giant Dominoes (regularly $60)
7. Father’s Day sales in June.
Father’s Day is a great time to buy hardware and outdoor gear.
In the past Amazon offered 40% – 60% off fishing tackle boxes and gloves, while JCPenney had sales on golf accessories like 55% off practice balls and golf bags.
If your dad isn’t really the outdoor kind of guy, we’ve seen power tools on sale around Father’s Day too. Walmart, Amazon, and Lowe’s featured Hart and DeWalt sets for 20% – 50% off.
8. Prime Day sales in July and October.
Expect free shipping from third parties who normally make you pay, along with discounts galore on Amazon products like Fire tablets, Echo devices, and smart TVs with Fire TV built in.
But that’s not all. Retailers like Walmart, Kohl’s, and Target want your attention too, which means they’ll compete to have the best deals — always a good thing if you’re krazy about saving like we are!