If Nintendo Switch or another gaming console is on your holiday or Black Friday shopping list, you’re not alone.
Lucky for you, if you’re shopping for Nintendo, Black Friday is one of the best times to score games, consoles and accessories — at prices that’ll give your Christmas budget an extra life.
Here’s where you can expect to find the cheapest Nintendo deals now.
1. Shop the best Nintendo console and game bundles during Black Friday.
Nintendo doesn’t tend to have any crazy coupon or discount deals on consoles during Black Friday. Instead, they make the deals hot by bundling up packages and selling them for the price of just the console. For example, last year you could get the Nintendo Switch with Mario Kart 8 Deluxe for $299.99 (Nintendo Switch retail price) on Amazon and at Walmart. The game on its own retails for $59.99 so you’re basically getting it free.
Also check Kohl’s, where they award $15 in Kohl’s Cash for every $50 spent.
This year, keep an eye out for Black Friday deals on the Nintendo Switch or Switch Lite with either of these two games: The Legend of Zelda: Link’s Awakening and Pokémon Sword and Pokémon Shield.
Download the KCL app and we will tell you when we see the best deals.
2. Shop Best Buy to get up to 33% off popular game titles.
Walmart is a solid contender every year for the best deals on new games. For the best deals on the season’s most popular games, though, Best Buy is the way to go.
- Walmart Call of Duty WWII – $43 (reg. $59.88)
- Best Buy Call of Duty WWII – $39.99 (reg. $59.99)
3. Get Xbox One for $135 less at Kohl’s.
Kohl’s wins again by offering $15 Kohls Cash for every $50 spent that weekend. Keep a lookout for even better prices later in the season — last year we saw the Kohl’s price dip down to $168!
- Regular price: $279.99
- Kohl’s: $144.99 ($189.99 + $45 Kohl’s Cash)
4. Save $160 on PlayStation 4 at — you guessed it — Kohl’s.
Look, Kohl’s Cash tips the scales every time when everything else is equal (and with game consoles, it often is).
- PlayStation 4 – $199.99 (reg. $299.99) + $60 Kohl’s Cash
- Savings = $160
5. Score pre-owned consoles up to $50 off GameStop‘s normal price.
Don’t need to get a fresh-out-of-the-box console? GameStop drops prices on their pre-owned inventory that’s already on sale during Black Friday.
In 2017, they advertised a pre-owned Xbox One for just $149.99 (down from $199.99)! And on top of that, had a buy 2 get 1 free offer on all pre-owned products.
6. Get the lowest price on controllers at Target (bonus if you use REDCard).
Controllers were also discounted pretty similarly at each place during the Black Friday sales, but thanks to an automatic 5% additional savings using Target’s REDCard, Target just edged out GameStop.
PlayStation 4 Dual Shock Wireless Controller
- Target: $37.99 (reg. $59.99)
- GameStop: $38 (reg. $64.99)
7. Snag PlayStation VR bundles for 25% off at GameStop.
If you are a GameStop frequenter, you can trade in old games or consoles and use the cash or store credit on that.
8. Don’t expect great deals on the newest gaming releases.
The Nintendo 2DS Link Edition with The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D last year was advertised at many places for $79.99, the original price.
If you are looking for something they aren’t giving any discounts on, try to find it at a store that offers some benefit, like Kohl’s Cash or Target’s REDCard rewards.
Or better yet, wait two or three months after the game’s release date for a much better price.