Another advantage to layaway is that unlike credit card debt, you don’t have to pay interest. It’s also convenient that I can shop before the shelves get cleared of the most popular holiday gifts. Still questioning if layaway is right for you? Go read Layaway vs. Credit: What Are the Differences, Which Is Better, and How to Choose to help decide what’s best for you this holiday season!
Below you’ll find layaway specifics by store:
Each store has unique advantages!
- Convenience of payments at any register.
- Walmart return policy applicable to layaway purchases.
- Large selection of items available to layaway.
Toys “R” Us:
- Allows for multiple layaways.
- 24/7 ability to layaway and make payments.
- May choose to have layaway shipped instead of store pickup.
- Minimal exceptions
- One advertised price adjustment allowed within 7 days of layaway initiation.
But there are always restrictions…
- Cost of each item in layaway must be $15 or more.
- The entire layaway order must be $50 or more.
- Allows layaway on electronics, auto electronics, furniture, toys, select sporting goods, small appliances and jewelry.
Toys “R” Us:
- No minimum amount restriction.
- Does not allow layaway for Special Orders, food, formula or clothes.
- Person initiating the layaway must finalize the layaway, picture ID is required.
- Cannot place personal computers on layaway.
- Layaway items will be returned to stock after seven days after a missed payment.
Click on the following links to access additional information regarding Walmart, Toys “R” Us and Kmart layaway programs. Black Friday sales offering deep discounts may not be eligible for layaway at the reduced sale price. Call your store ahead of time to find out if layaway is available on Black Friday and if the specials for that day will be available to layaway.
- Walmart: http://www.walmart.com/cp/layaway/1088466
- Toys “R” Us: http://www.toysrus.com/layaway/payment.jsp
- Kmart: http://www.kmart/layaway/sbh