Even the biggest Target fanatic can admit Target doesn’t always beat the competition’s prices. That’s where Target price matching comes in handy, because Target will match prices with almost any competitor. The process is easy, and there are even a few ways to come in cheaper than anywhere else! At Tar-jay! Believe it!
Let’s look at the ins and outs of how to price match at Target.
Download the official KCL app so you don’t miss any major deals.
1. All you need is your phone to price match right at the register at Target.
When it comes to Target price matching, you’ll need to bring proof of the lower price to the cashier at checkout. This can be a simple pull up from your smartphone browser or the printed local ad. You can also take a picture at the other store and bring it to the cashier.
I usually just show the cashier my phone. Easy Peasy.
2. You can even price match online purchases, but it’s trickier.
If you’re trying to price match a Target.com purchase with another website, call (800) 440-0680 or get in touch with Target customer service. They’ll do an adjustment over the phone so you get refunded the difference.
You can price match 14 days after your purchase both in store and online.
3. You can match with all of the biggest retailers…even Amazon!
Here’s a full list of online retailers Target price matches with:
You can also price match these brick-and-mortar stores as long as you have a printed local ad or image of the lower price.
4. Stack your price-matched item with your RedCard 5% and create magic.
Even after you’ve price matched an item from a competitor, you can still use your Target RedCard to save an extra 5%. Here’s an example of what you can save:
Price match Walmart.com ($37.49)
Use RedCard for 5% off
Final price: $35.62
5. Stack Circle offers on price-matched items and RedCard for the biggest savings (like over $70!).
Just like with RedCard, you can apply Circle offers to an item after its price has been matched. And you can still get the RedCard 5% off after the Circle offer is applied. Check out how I saved over $70 on a coffeemaker and it wasn’t even Black Friday!:
Price match Amazon.com ($168.33)
Circle offer: 20% off Cuisinart Coffeemaker
Use RedCard for 5% off
Final price: $127.93
6. You usually can’t price match Black Friday sales…but 2020 happened.
Target’s official Price Match policy states they will not price match Thanksgiving or the week after. But, in 2020, all things being weird, they did price match during Black Friday. Whether or not they do this again for Black Friday 2021 I can’t say. But don’t hold your breath.
7. You can’t price match alcohol clearance and some other things.
There are also a few other price match exclusions you should keep in mind. Here are some things they won’t price match, ever:
- Alcohol (depending on the state)
- Clearance, damaged, closeout, or opened items
- Pre-owned or refurbished items
- Gift card offers and lightning sales
- Third-party marketplace sellers