Expecting a baby? Congrats! Now it’s time to get saving before the little one comes. A great place to start is the Target Baby Registry.
A few minutes of your time setting it up can let your family and friends know what things you need or want for your new arrival and save you all kinds of money (which you’re gonna need with a baby on the way).
For more money-saving deals, tips, and coupons download the KCL app.
1. Create your Target Baby Registry to get over $75 worth of coupons and samples.
After you’ve put in your info, click “Get Welcome Kit” to get a gift bag filled with free swag (more on that below) and over $150 worth of samples and digital coupons.
You have two options:
- Go into your local Target and scan the barcode from your registry app.
- Have the kit shipped with a Target order of $35 or more.
2. Call ahead to see if your local Target has registry gift bags.
If you choose to pick up your kit in store, call your local Target to verify they have Baby Welcome Kits, because mine was out. During the pandemic, they focused more on shipping out welcome kits than having them available in store.
3. Get free samples with the Target Baby Registry gift bag!
The brands can vary based on when you order, but the actual items stay pretty consistent. Here’s everything I got in my welcome kit:
- One MAM baby (anti-colic) baby bottle, 4 ounce ($2.56 value)
- One Pampers Swaddlers Diaper, Wipes, Changing Pad set, 6 count ($0.59 value)
- One Dr. Brown’s Natural Flow baby bottle, 4 ounce ($4.66 value)
- Two disposable Lansinoh breastfeeding pads ($0.24 value)
- Two Lansinoh breastmilk storage bags ($0.30 value)
- 10-pack of Honest plant-based baby wipes ($0.70 value)
- Sample bottle of Aveeno Baby Daily Moisture lotion, 1 ounce ($0.51 value)
- One Boogie Wipes Gentle Saline Nose Wipe ($0.13 value)
- Sample of Aquaphor Diaper Rash Paste, 1 ounce ($2 value)
- Sample of Pedialyte Advance Care drink powder, 0.6 ounce ($1.88 value)
That’s $13.57 in freebies!
4. Scan the promo barcode (in your bag) with the Target registry app to add your Target Circle offers.
To receive your Target Circle offers, scan the barcode provided in the Baby Welcome Gift bag with the Target app or Target registry app. After that, the Circle offers will be automatically added to your Target account.
Here are the 24 offers I received:
- 20% off a purchase of Cat & Jack Baby apparel
- 20% off a purchase of Cloud Island apparel
- 20% off Cloud Baby Bedding & Decor
- $1 off any Gerber apparel item
- $3 off a Babyganics item
- $3 off select Up & Up items
- $2 off any Dreft laundry detergent item
- $5 off Frida Mom Breast Self Care Kit
- $10 off Fridababy 3-in-1 Air Purifier
- 20% off Johnson’s Baby item
- $1 off Johnson’s Baby or Aveeno Baby, item
- 20% off a purchase of Ingrid Maternity apparel
- $1.50 off any Aquaphor Baby item
- $3 off The Honest Company diapers (excludes newborn diapers and training pants)
- $1 off any Baby Dove item
- $2 off any Similac infant formula
- $2 off any NUK item
- $1off Enfamil Infant Formula bottles
- $5 off one Earth’s Best Formula
- $2 off Pedialyte items
- $3 off Mustelta items
- Free Evenflo Balance bottle
- $8 off Gerber Formula and Probiotic Drops
- $1 off SheaMoisture Baby
That’s an over $50 value in dollar-off coupons alone!
You’ll also get coupons emailed to you related to your samples:
- $5 off Pampers diapers with purchase of 333-count or larger Pampers wipes
- $1.50/1 Pampers Swaddlers
- $1 off Pampers wipes 56 count or larger
- $2 off Dreft Newborn Liquid laundry detergent
- $0.25/1 Dawn product
- $0.50/1 Cascade Dishwasher Detergent, Rinse Aid, or Dishwasher Cleaner
- $0.50/1 Boogie Wipes, Boogie Mist, Boogie Drops, or Boogie Bottoms product
That’s over $10 in coupons!
5. Start a separate Target Baby Registry if you’re expecting multiples.
Yep, Target will give you a free gift bag for each baby you’re expecting. However, you have to create a separate baby registry.
Unfortunately, this means you’ll need to create an entirely separate Target account for any additional baby registry to get another kit.
6. Use the Target registry app to make adding items easy.
With the Target registry app, you can build your baby registry by scanning items while you’re walking through the store or browsing online. The app even has a checklist of the most popular items you may want to include.
7. Add items to your Target Baby Registry to get a 15% off coupon that you can use twice.
Eight weeks before your baby is due, Target will email you a 15% off coupon that you can use on the items that weren’t bought off your registry. The coupon is also available in the registry app. Here are the rules:
- Your registry has to have items in it and your registry has to be active for at least 14 days before Target emails the coupon (which they do eight weeks before your due date.) For example, if your due date is Dec. 1, make sure there’s stuff in your registry by the end of September
- You can use the coupon once online and once in the store
- The coupon doesn’t expire until six months after your due date, so you don’t have to use it right away, which allows you to continue to add items to your registry if you forgot something
You can even add items to the registry after the baby is born!
8. Stack your 15% off everything coupon with Target Circle offers and Target RedCard.
Not only can you use the 15% off everything that’s left in your registry, but you can stack it with Target Circle offers and your RedCard to save even more.
9. You can’t use the baby registry coupon on everything.
Some items aren’t eligible for the Target registry coupon:
- Baby Alive Grow Up Baby
- Barbie products
- Infant Optics
- Hatch Maternity
- Dairy milk
- Gift cards
- HALO baby
10. The Target Baby Registry return policy gives you a year to return anything.
As long as an item is in your baby registry, you’ve got a full year to return it after purchase.
Let us know what you got in your baby registry in the comments!