Expecting a baby? Congrats! Now it’s time to get saving before the little one comes. The best place to start is the Target baby registry. A few minutes of your time setting it up can let your family and friends know what things you need or want for your new arrival and save you all kinds of money (which you’re gonna need with a baby on the way).
For more money-saving deals, tips, and coupons download the KCL app.
1. Create your baby registry at Target to get over $100 worth of coupons.
The first thing you need to do is create a baby registry at Target.com or in the Target app. Click “Get Welcome Gift” to get a gift bag filled with free swag (more on that below) and $100 worth of digital coupons (you have to scan a barcode provided in the gift bag to get them).
2. Call ahead to see if your local Target has gift bags.
Call your local Target to verify they have baby welcome gift bags, because mine was out. If they don’t, you can also call Target’s registry experts at (800) 888-9333 and they will mail it to you. It should take about three to six weeks.
3. I received almost $20 in free items in my Target Baby Registry gift bag!
- One Carter’s onesie (size 3 months), regular price $3.33
- One MAM baby (anti-colic) baby bottle, four ounce, regular price $4.99
- One MAM Start pacifier, regular price $2.66
- One Pampers Swaddler, regular price $0.30
- 6-pack of Pampers sensitive wipes, regular price $0.48
- One Dr. Brown’s Natural Flow baby bottle, four ounce, regular price $4.53
- Two disposable Lansinoh breastfeeding pads, regular price $0.22
- Two Lansinoh breastmilk storage bags, regular price $0.30
- 10-pack of Honest plant-based baby wipes, regular price $0.70
- Sample bottle of Aveeno Baby Daily Moisture lotion, one ounce, regular price $0.50
- Sample bottle of Johnson’s CottonTouch newborn wash & shampoo, .85 ounce, regular price $0.25
- One Boogie Wipes Gentle Saline Nose Wipe, regular price $0.10
- Sample of Aquaphor Healing Ointment, Baby, .03 ounce, regular price $0.33
- Sample of Pedialyte Advance Care drink powder, 0.6 ounce, regular price $1.20
4. Call Target’s registry experts to receive additional gift bags if you’re expecting multiples.
Yep, Target will give you a free gift bag for each baby you’re expecting. However, you have to call the registry experts at (800) 888-9333 and tell them you’re expecting more than one baby and they’ll ship out however many.
5. Scan the promo barcode (in your bag) with the Target app to add your Target Circle offers.
Here are the 27 offers I received:
- 20% off a purchase of Cat & Jack Baby apparel
- 20% off a purchase of Cloud Island apparel
- 50% off one handcrafted Starbucks beverage
- $2 off any Huggies or wipes item
- $1 off any Gerber apparel item
- $2 off any Dreft laundry detergent item
- $1 off Johnson’s Baby, Aveeno Baby, or Desitin item
- 15% off a purchase of Ingrid Maternity apparel
- $5 off one Summer Infant & SwaddleMe item
- $1.50 off any Aquaphor Baby item
- $3 off any Babyganics toiletry item (excludes sunscreen and bug spray)
- $1 off any 60- 240- 540- or 720-count WaterWipes
- $3 off The Honest Company diapers (excludes newborn diapers and training pants)
- $1 off any Baby Dove item
- $2 off any Similac infant formula
- $2 off any NUK item
- $4 off one Seventh Generation diaper item.
- 20% off any Cetaphil Baby item
- 20% off one Tommee Tippee bottle, nipples, or starter set
- 10% off any Enfamil Ready to Use or Ready to Drink item
- $5 off one Philips Avent bottle warmer
- $1 off any SheaMoisture baby item
- 10% off of Eclipse Blackout and Eclipse My Scene Window Curtains
- 25% off any one Evenflo Balance + Wide 1-pack or 3-pack bottles
- $5 off one Culterelle Baby Probiotic item
- $2 off any POM juice 16 ounces or larger
- $5 off one Earth’s Best Formula
Coupons included with the samples:
- $5 off Pampers diapers with purchase of 333-count or larger Pampers wipes
- $1.50 off one Pampers Swaddlers
- $1 off Pampers wipes 56 count or larger
- $2 off Dreft Newborn Liquid laundry detergent
- $0.25 off one Dawn product
- $0.50 off one Cascade Dishwasher Detergent, Rinse Aid, or Dishwasher Cleaner
- $0.50 off any one Boogie Wipes, Boogie Mist, Boogie Drops, or Boogie Bottoms product
Be sure to scan the barcode that’s on the Pedialyte packaging to sign up for Similac StrongMoms Rewards to get $400 in offers, including a $3 off coupon for Pedialyte and a free Shutterfly photo book.
6. Use the Target registry app to make adding items easy.
Be sure to download the Target registry app. You can build your registry by scanning items while you’re walking through the store or browsing online. The app even has a checklist of the most popular items you may want to include.
7. Add items to your Target baby registry to get a 15% off coupon that you can use twice.
Target will send you a 15% off coupon that you can use on the items that weren’t bought off your registry. Here are the rules:
- Your registry has to have items in it and your registry has to be active for at least 14 days before Target emails the coupon eight weeks before your due date. For example, if your due date is Dec. 1, make sure there’s stuff in your registry by the end of September, the first part of October.
- You can use the coupon once online and once in the store.
- The coupon doesn’t expire until six months after your due date, so you don’t have to use it right away, which allows you to continue to add items to your registry if you forgot something.
8. Stack your 15% off everything coupon with Target Circle offers and Target RedCard.
Not only can you use the 15% off everything that’s left in your registry, but you can stack it with Target Circle offers and your RedCard to save even more.
Don’t Scroll Up! Here are the articles I mentioned: