We're reader-supported and only partner with brands we trust. When you buy through links on our site we may receive a small commission at no extra cost to you. Learn More. Product prices and availability are accurate as of the date and time indicated and are subject to change.
Yeti cooler fans, we’ve got some bad news — there’s a Yeti recall underway. The popular cooler maker says there’s a hazard with their magnet clasps that affects nearly 2 million of their soft coolers and gear cases.
According to the recall notice, Yeti has received 1,399 reports of the magnet-lined closures degrading or failing, including reports of missing or detached magnets. Nobody’s reported any injuries or swallowed magnets yet.
The recalled products were sold by Amazon, Dick’s Sporting Goods, Ace Hardware, Academy Sports, Yeti, and other stores nationwide from March 2018 to January 2023, and they were sold for between $50 and $350. Here’s what you need to know:
32 different Yeti Hopper soft coolers and SideKick Dry Gear cases have been recalled.
Approximately 1.9 million of the recalled products were sold in the United States and about 40,760 were sold in Canada. All of these products have a main pocket closure lined with high-powered magnets, which are enclosed in a heat-sealed plastic strip. Those magnets, though, have a possibility of detaching — presenting a dangerous health hazard if swallowed.
The recalled products were sold in a variety of colors and have the Yeti brand name displayed on the front, with a hang tag attached indicating the product name. Here’s a list of the recalled soft coolers and gear cases, with their SKU product numbers:
- Hopper M20 Backpack (Charcoal), SKU# 18050125001
- Hopper M20 Backpack (Navy), SKU# 18050125002
- Hopper M20 Backpack (Bimini Pink), SKU# 18060131041
- Hopper M20 Backpack (Alpine Yellow), SKU# 18060131040
- Hopper M20 Backpack (Nordic Blue), SKU# 18060131120
- Hopper M20 Backpack (Nordic Purple), SKU# 18060131101
- Hopper M30 (Charcoal), SKU# 18025160000
- Hopper M30 (River Green), SKU# 18025170000
- Hopper M30 (Navy), SKU# 18025180000
- Hopper M30 (Coral), SKU# 18060130030
- Hopper M30 (Sagebrush Green), SKU# 18025190000
- Hopper M30 (Aquifer Blue), SKU# 18025200000
- Hopper M30 (King Crab Orange), SKU# 18060130055
- Hopper M30 (Navy, 2.0), SKU# 18060130090
- Hopper M30 (Charcoal, 2.0), SKU# 18060130091
- Hopper M30 (Bimini Pink, 2.0), SKU# 18060131053
- Hopper M30 (Alpine Yellow, 2.0), SKU# 18060131053
- Hopper M30 (Nordic Blue, 2.0), SKU# 18060131119
- Hopper M30 (Nordic Purple, 2.0), SKU# 18060131100
- SideKick Dry (Fog Gray), SKU# 18060130003
- SideKick Dry (Field Tan), SKU# 18060130004
- SideKick Dry (Charcoal), SKU# 18060130018
- SideKick Dry (Navy), SKU# 18050125050
- SideKick Dry (Coral), SKU# 18060130031
- SideKick Dry (River Green), SKU# 18050130001
- SideKick Dry (Sagebrush Green), SKU# 18060130041
- SideKick Dry (Harvest Red), SKU# 26010000171
- SideKick Dry (Highlands Olive), SKU# 26010000191
- SideKick Dry (Alpine Yellow), SKU# 18060131059
- SideKick Dry (Bimini Pink), SKU# 18060131060
- SideKick Dry (Nordic Blue), SKU# 18060131123
- SideKick Dry (Nordic Purple), SKU# 18060131114
Related: YETI Cooler Sales – 19 Tips on How to Find the Best Deals
Choose to get a replacement product or a Yeti gift card.
To claim the Yeti product recall, visit the official website and fill out their form. You’ll need to provide contact information, the product model, where you bought it, and a photo of the product. Yeti will offer a full refund plus $25 or replace your product with a new one. If you have more than one recalled product, you’ll need to submit a separate form for each one.
Here’s what they’re offering as replacement products:
- If you have the Hopper M20, they’ll replace it with the Tundra 45 Hard Cooler (reg. $325)
- If you have the Hopper M30 1.0, they’ll replace it with the Hopper Flip 18 Soft Cooler (reg. $300)
- If you have the Hopper M30 2.0, they’ll replace it with the Tundra 65 Hard Cooler (reg. $375)
- If you have the SideKick Dry, they’ll replace it with either the Daytrip Lunch Box (reg. $80) or the Daytrip Lunch Bag (reg. $80)
Stop using any of the Yeti products that are included in the recall.
If you’ve got one of the Yeti products that’s on the recall list, don’t mess around — stop using it and reach out to Yeti for a refund or replacement. And don’t bother returning it to the store where you bought it.
The products were made in the Philippines, Vietnam, and China, and if you need to get in touch with Yeti about the recall, you’ve got some options. You can call them at 833-444-3151 from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. CT Monday through Sunday, shoot them an email at firstname.lastname@example.org, or check out the product recall page on their website for more info.